there is an error when the game "Caesar IV demo" start

For demo technical or performance issues
omargfg

there is an error when the game "Caesar IV demo" start

Postby omargfg » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:00 pm

there is an error when the game "Caesar IV demo" start .
It shows my an exception , I attach a picture of this exception.
Please if any bady can help me write me to omargfg@gmail.com
Thanks!!!! :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:58 pm

Either your video card does not support the DX9 graphic features of the game or you don't have the drivers for your video card installed.

Many computers don't have video cards and use a chipset. These are generally not sufficient to run the demo or the game because the drivers don't provide the proper support for T&L and pixel shader 1.1 or higher graphics.

If you have a chipset, you may not be able to run the game or the demo unless your computer has a AGP or PCI-e slot where you can add a true DX9 hadware compliant video card. Many computers with chipsets do not have such slots and those people are out of luck.

You need to attach a copy of your dxdiag.txt file.

omargfg

Re:there is an error when the game "Caesar IV demo" start

Postby omargfg » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:16 pm

thank for your help but, i need to now where i can find this file(" dxdiag.txt").
and i think that my pc dont have any problem with the video card becouse it has 128 mb.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:40 pm

You have to generate the file from the dxdiag utility that Windows has.

START > RUN type dxdiag and click OK.

Wait for it to run fully, then click the Save Results button. Save the file to a place like My Documents where you can find it easily.

Come back here start a new reply, use the Manage Attachment button below the typing area, BROWSE to the place where the file is stored and select the dxdiag.txt file you created. Click the upload button. Close the attachment Window then click SUBMIT REPLY.

omargfg

Postby omargfg » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:53 am

please tell me if my pc is ready to play "caesar IV demo"

Keith wrote:Either your video card does not support the DX9 graphic features of the game or you don't have the drivers for your video card installed.

Many computers don't have video cards and use a chipset. These are generally not sufficient to run the demo or the game because the drivers don't provide the proper support for T&L and pixel shader 1.1 or higher graphics.

If you have a chipset, you may not be able to run the game or the demo unless your computer has a AGP or PCI-e slot where you can add a true DX9 hadware compliant video card. Many computers with chipsets do not have such slots and those people are out of luck.

You need to attach a copy of your dxdiag.txt file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:56 am

For starters get a video card and then some more memory.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:07 pm

Yep, you don't even have a video card or chipset listed. You'll need to find out if you have a AGP or PCI-e video slot on the motherboard and get a DX9 hardware compliant video card.

You only have 248MB RAM. The game requires a minimum of 512MB and more would be better.

Your C: and H: drives don't have enough space to install the game. Minimum required free space is 2GB.

neonnights

Postby neonnights » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:28 pm

I get the same error message!

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:31 pm

You need a video card and some more ram wouldn't hurt.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:34 pm

Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

That says it all right there. You have a chipset running the video. These generally do not support the graphic features of the game. The later chipset from Intel is capable but only with proper drivers. The drivers for your chipset was written by HP, and it probably doesn't properly support the required graphic features.

If your system has a AGP or PCI-e (PCI-Express) video card slot you may want to consider upgrading to a true DX9 hardware compliant video card.

Your other problem is that you are running a system with "shared memory". So although you may have 512MB in your computer only 504MB is available for the game and applications to use. The missing 8MB is being used by the computer for things like video memory or other system functions. This may or may not be a contributing factor in your problem.

PCDania

Postby PCDania » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:34 pm

According to the specifications at HP Support the model A804N only has PCI slots so it's unfortunately not possible to install an AGP or PCI-E graphics card :(

As far as I know it's not possible to play Caesar IV on PCI versions of the newest graphics cards (GF6200 and GF7300) as the PCI bus ( The connection from the CPU to the PCI slots) is too slow. :(

When researching HP computers simply find the System Model code in the Dxdiag diagnostic file. (Here: PW727AA-ABA A804N)

Go to HPs site ( http://www.hp.com/ ) and search for the System Model code. If you get an error when searching for the whole System Model code try searching for the part after -ABA that will usually do the trick.

Return to “Community Technical Support (Demo)”