Mouse won't scroll left/right

For demo technical or performance issues
NickToye

Mouse won't scroll left/right

Postby NickToye » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:22 pm

I am running C4 on Parallels now because my iMac is more powerful than my laptop. However, it seems to not allow the mouse to scroll left or right on the screen. I can go forward, back, right click and spin around, zoom in or out, but I can't scroll left or right.

Any ideas?

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:56 pm

I don't have any experience with iMacs or "Parallels". The only suggestions I have is to unplug any other pointing devices you may have attached to the computer. It may be conflicting with the mouse in the game. Disable any control panel software for the mouse which may be running in the background on your system. Make sure your mouse driver is up to date.

In the game's Interface settings menu, see if the side scroll speed slider control is set to somewhere in the middle and not all the way down to slow.

In the video settings menu, turn anti-aliasing off and vertical sync off (uncheck) if they are on.

NickToye

Postby NickToye » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:43 pm

That's why Mac's are so much better.

I connect Mouse, I use Mouse. End of.

Microsoft have an awful lot to answer for.

I did all the things you said and still the same, just going to play it on the laptop.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:39 pm

I did some quick research and read an article on Parallels on MacWorld and see what it does now.

If you are using Windows XP you may want to try installing Bootcamp to run the game. You'll have to install a second copy of Windows and get it activated by Microsoft according to MacWorld. Bootcamp only supports XP and seems to work with Caesar IV.

But if you don't want the extra hassle, then running it on your old laptop is your best option.

You may want to contact the people at Parallels and see if they know what the problem might be.

NickToye

Postby NickToye » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:26 pm

can't use Bootcamp because my XP disk is SP3, and it doesn't work with Bootcamp.

I'm alright with the laptop if truth be known.

Return to “Community Technical Support (Demo)”