Read this thread if you get a "Runtime Error!" dialog when starting the game

For demo technical or performance issues
almaair

Postby almaair » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:44 pm

Here is my DXDIAG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:53 pm

Hello Almaair amd welcome :)

What I'm seeing in your Dxdiag is not so good news. You seem to have a chipset not a proper graphic card, and without that C4 is not going to work. Besides that the chipset is sharing your RAM memory, so you have less than required (you have now 448MB RAM when 512MB is minimum, better if you could have double that.)

almaair

Postby almaair » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:40 am

Kiya wrote:Hello Almaiar amd welcome :)

What I'm seeing in your Dxdiag is not so good news. You seem to have a chipset not a proper graphic card, and without that C4 is not going to work. Besides that the chipset is sharing your RAM memory, so you have less than required (you have now 448MB RAM when 512MB is minimum, better if you could have double that.)

Thanks you. I guess that the best thing I can do is change my graphic card... :o

almaair

Postby almaair » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:50 pm

Hi again! here is my new DXDIAG. I hope that now is all OK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi, it looks much better now. How about C4, have you tried playing it? If it's ok then nothing else matters?

(If not you might try and make your page file bigger. Then let our pros know what back ground programs you have, since usually people tend to have way too many, including me but not any more.)

almaair

Postby almaair » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:42 am

Phil Walker wrote:For the most part, I'm with Kiya. There is one thing though. Not the best drivers. The Catalysts 6.6 thgouth 6.9 (June through September 2006) have been problematic. That is an ATI issue and not related to C4 or the demo spefically. So, I'd suggest getting a newwer video driver version as well.

Sincerely,
Phil

Don't worry. Actually I do after the post. I played the demo and works perfect. Thanks anyway :)

doubledeca

run time error

Postby doubledeca » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:19 pm

Sorry, but double clicking the .bat file didn't work for me. Attached are two DXDIAG . BTW, will using the PC Pitstop Optimize 1.5 help it run better/faster/without lag/etc. when I do get the program running?
Thanks for your help.
DD

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:01 pm

As I mentioned in my reply on the Sierra board your dxdiag.txt file indicates the following problem:

Display Tab 1: No problems found. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Other similar problems relating to that error message seem to all be related to the video card or drivers.

The Radeon 9250 is an older DX8.1 card. It may or may not be able to run Caesar IV. It may not support the DX9 features required by the game, or you may have to lower the game video settings to minimums and turn shadows off if you get that far before it crashes.

Someone else had a Dell 2350 with a problem just the other day. But I couldn't find a slot listing in the tech support info for a video card. The info did not list an AGP slot as part of the slots available on the motherboard. I'm wondering if you have a plain old PCI video card and that might the entire root of your problem.

Note: PCI and PCI-e (the newest standard) are two completely different animals. PCI slots are ancient history for video cards. PCI video cards were superseded by AGP types, and AGP has been replaced by the newer PCI-e types. PCI cards are very very slow by comparison.

shahraiz5

always get the runtime error

Postby shahraiz5 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:09 pm

hi,
i recently installed caesar 4 and played it for some time
but after some months when i finished the game then when i tried ot run it it gave me a runtime error "windows visual c++ runtime library" "caesar 4 has requested the application to terminate it in an unsual way" then when i try to get the information from microsoft it gives in an programmin language here the information which it gives
appname:caesariv.exe
appver:1.2.0.0
modname:caesariv.exe
modver:1.2.0.0
offset: 002b4629

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:38 pm

Unfortunately, those files only mean something to Microsoft.

See this Sierra help page on this error message:

Game crashes and followed by Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime Error

shahraiz5

Postby shahraiz5 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:23 pm

i used that help like a million of times but it didnt work i unistalled the game then installed it again but i get the same error my the requiments that are needed i have them like i play games like fifa08 fifa 07 caesar 3 and halo 3 so whats in it with caesar 4 my dxdiag files are lost also the cd
so what can i do?

shahraiz5

Postby shahraiz5 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:24 pm

the point is can u attach the crack file of caesar 4

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:11 pm

You can create a new dxdiag.txt file at any time.

Asking for a crack on the developer's own messageboard is a sure way to get you banned from the forum. In your case it wouldn't help because you do get the game somewhat started before it crashes. If you lost your CD you'll have to buy a new copy of the game.

Since the game ran before, it sounds like something new was installed on your computer since that time that is causing the problem now.

Any new software on the system, browser add-ons, visit any questionable websites?

You should probably scan for a virus and/or spyware.

shahraiz5

Postby shahraiz5 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:59 pm

forget about that i just installed microsoft registery fix and soon the game started so thanks any way and im not usin the demo "tripple duh"

shahraiz5

Postby shahraiz5 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:01 am

You should probably scan for a virus and/or spyware.[/QUOTE]

lol man! i got no virus on my computer not that i got anti virus and window live defender i even got norton firewall its just
i accidentally copied a trainer of caesar 4 and pasted into the game even tho i didnt want to so now im gonna play the game fair and square

shahraiz5

any way to get pormoted?

Postby shahraiz5 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:03 am

hey is there any way to get pormoted
i can help those dudes who'r havin the same problems

shahraiz5

any way to get pormoted

Postby shahraiz5 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:03 am

sorry for spammin

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:45 am

shahraiz5 wrote:lol man! i got no virus on my computer not that i got anti virus and window live defender i even got norton firewall its just
i accidentally copied a trainer of caesar 4 and pasted into the game even tho i didnt want to so now im gonna play the game fair and square

That you have more than one is good. I have 5.

Windows Defender, AOL Anti-Spyware (both free), McAfee AV, AVG 7.5 (both registered), and a firewall. And I also use the online MS OneCare Live and Kaspersky online (free) scanner as well. I take no chances.

Glad you got it going.

"Promotions" come by posting on the board. The "Luminary" rank was given to a number of people by TM. It was given to us by TM back before CotN was released. We aren't employees.

shahraiz5

Postby shahraiz5 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:08 pm

ahhh!forget about that!
caesar 4 just reset my graphic card, i mean what the heck was that it was just i was underattacked and i succesfully won but then the game closed and gave a error "file caesar iv.exe has reset your graphic card and you need to contact ati" that is the crud i programed in a successfull recovry but what the heck is wrong with this?

shahraiz5

the secoind crud

Postby shahraiz5 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:10 pm

and the second crud is that i got 756 mb ram and the minimum required is 512 and the game runs like my graNDPA so what is wrong with that
every game runs on my pc fine even gods of caesar 4 but what the hell is wrong with it?

Return to “Community Technical Support (Demo)”