Postby John » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:20 pm

I tried the demo and received an error message:

Game exception
Unhandled exception:n/a
Type:
File: C:\TMill\Source\Engine\D3DDeviceManager.cpp
Function: TMill::Engine: :D 3D: :D eviceManager::ChangeDevice
Line: 338

It then terminates. DxDiag attached. Please help as I'd love to try it!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:56 pm

You don't have a video card, but rather a Intel Chipset, which unfortunately does not support Transform & Lighting (T&L) which is a required feature of the game.

You either have to get a fully DX9 compliant video card capable of supporing T&L or you can try the 3D-Anylyze program mentioned on the board yesterday.

It is free download. If you download and install it ( at your own risk ) try checkging two settings on the program menu called Force SW TNL and emulation Hardware TNL CAPS. Then try the demo.

John

White screen

Postby John » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:04 pm

I downloaded the program as recommended and tried with the two options selected. The program launched with music and a white screen and was otherwise unresponsive. Any ideas?

Amenirdis

Postby Amenirdis » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:14 pm

Buy a video card? :o :D

John

Video Card

Postby John » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:29 am

So I bought a video card just for this game! Now the demo works but it is extremely slow. The lag on the cursor/mouse is extreme. It only works if the camera view is at its most restricted which is so tight the demo is unplayable. Something is difinitely not right. Any ideas?

allhailcaesar

same here

Postby allhailcaesar » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:39 am

same problem here, tried fixes, had same results,white screen, hand pointer, brand new dell too. like others, guess I have a reason to buy a good video card, already preordered the game!!

Katharsis

Postby Katharsis » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:17 pm

Game exception
Type:

Fixed the problem of with the 3danalyzer program but still got the white screen and only sound :( have a notebook and it has ( Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller ) cannot buy a new graphic card . Is not there any other way to solve the launching problem ??

Amenirdis

Postby Amenirdis » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:50 pm

John wrote:So I bought a video card just for this game! Now the demo works but it is extremely slow. The lag on the cursor/mouse is extreme. It only works if the camera view is at its most restricted which is so tight the demo is unplayable. Something is difinitely not right. Any ideas?
What do you mean you have bought a video card? Then you must not have deactivated the onboard chip in the Bios, because your dxdiag shows you're using an onboard intel graphics controller. What video card have you bought then?

Edit: Sorry. I guess you've bought the card after you posted the dxdiag file. Could you then run dxdiag and attach it again? Maybe it helps to find some tweaks for better performance.
Last edited by Amenirdis on Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allhailcaesar

another quandry

Postby allhailcaesar » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:02 am

I also have integrated chip set for graphics, no card, my dell only has pci slots, can't use agp or pci express, "best" card I've found is radeon 9250 256 mb but says only dx 8 compatible??? ($70.00 at newegg.com) would that be enough for the game to work? doesn't sound like it from the reads on the tech support forum here. comments?? smack down??? ideas??? thanks

Amenirdis

Postby Amenirdis » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:53 pm

Difficult to say for sure, allhailcaesar, but my guess is that a pci card is not powerful enough to run such a game. :(

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:59 am

Katharsis wrote:Fixed the problem of with the 3danalyzer program but still got the white screen and only sound :( have a notebook and it has ( Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller ) cannot buy a new graphic card . Is not there any other way to solve the launching problem ??

Unless you can get a DX9 compliant video card, I think you are out of options. They do make video cards for laptop computers. ATI "Mobility" series cards are one example.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:02 am

allhailcaesar wrote:I also have integrated chip set for graphics, no card, my dell only has pci slots, can't use agp or pci express, "best" card I've found is radeon 9250 256 mb but says only dx 8 compatible??? ($70.00 at newegg.com) would that be enough for the game to work? doesn't sound like it from the reads on the tech support forum here. comments?? smack down??? ideas??? thanks

DX8 probably won't work. The demo requires DX9 compliant video cards.

PCI slots are out. AGP slots are on the way out.

PCI-Express (did you mean this) are the new thing in video card slots. If it just says PCI and not PCI-Express or PCI-e then you have just a plain PCI slot and cannot use most of the video cards out there.

allhailcaesar

found some answers

Postby allhailcaesar » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:04 am

bought a 6200 pci nvidia geforce. will play the game, lags but plays, I had to get a pci card cuz of my dell. it will run it. biggest find for me is what phil ? said on another post, my celeron 2.53 is crap but my system with a 1.7 pentium 4 does work also. still lags but more playable than the 2.53 (same cards on both computers, have teenagers, have to be im'ing everyone at once.....) attached is my dxdiag file for my 1.7 system, definitely playable.

allhailcaesar

sorry,

Postby allhailcaesar » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:07 am

sorry, here is the dxdiag... :rolleyes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lnicolo7

Postby Lnicolo7 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:28 pm

Keith wrote:You don't have a video card, but rather a Intel Chipset, which unfortunately does not support Transform & Lighting (T&L) which is a required feature of the game.

You either have to get a fully DX9 compliant video card capable of supporing T&L or you can try the 3D-Anylyze program mentioned on the board yesterday.

It is free download. If you download and install it ( at your own risk ) try checkging two settings on the program menu called Force SW TNL and emulation Hardware TNL CAPS. Then try the demo.

I have the full version of the game and have been getting the same message. I've had the game for about a week and it has been working just fine and has only started doing this recently when i try to launch. Any idea why this is just now happening and how i can fix it?

cerulean blue

i get this exact error

Postby cerulean blue » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:49 am

except i DO have a video card..I just had to wipe everything out and start fresh, my friend told me install that chipset thing..was i not supposed to?
how do i fix it if not?

John wrote:I tried the demo and received an error message:

Game exception
Type:

It then terminates. DxDiag attached. Please help as I'd love to try it!!

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:28 am

Did you attach your dxdiag.txt file somewhere?

cerulean blue

my dxdiag say 3d is not enabled...

Postby cerulean blue » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:22 pm

how do i enable it? i never had this problem before..am i hooped or just dumb?

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:23 pm

Display Tab 1: The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.Well, I would say that is a good part of your problem. That and the fact that your dxdiag.txt file show that you have no video card whatsoever. Did you let the dxdiag program run until it was complete?

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: <--<< No card listed
Manufacturer:
Chip type:
DAC type:
DDraw Status: Not Available <--<< \
D3D Status: Not Available <--<< Nothing here either.
AGP Status: Not Available <--<< /

So you must be using some sort of onboard generic video chipset that doesn't even register in dxdiag for some reason, unless you didn't wait for the program to fully check the system before you saved that dxdiag.txt file.

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:34 pm

cerulean blue wrote:how do i enable it? i never had this problem before..am i hooped or just dumb?

You need to reload your nvidia drivers, then windows will recognize the 6200.

Return to “Community Technical Support (Demo)”