Problems with the Game? README!

For technical or performance related issues
mumu5

here is the file

Postby mumu5 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi again,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

allecat

still trying

Postby allecat » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:59 pm

been awhile but i'm still tryin to get you the info you need to help me out. attached are a couple more error files. Check them out and let me know what you think.

The game still errors out on the loading of Kingdom...right when it says 'Building Empire'

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:47 pm

Try running the registerdll.bat file in the Caesar IV game folder.

I'm not sure that SecuROM can help you here if the problem is related to Net Framework. If the game launches then I shouldn't be a SecuROM problem.

Do you have all your Windows XP security updates installed?

Your system only has 496MB of RAM, the game requires a minimum of 512MB so that may be the problem or a contributing factor. Increasing your maximum page file size to 1536 may also help somewhat.

You can try updating your video drivers to the newest Catalyst 7.2 version. If that doesn't help or if you experience problems you may want to consider reverting back to the May 2006 Catalyst 6.5 drivers.

allecat

still tryin

Postby allecat » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:10 pm

I do have all of the XP updates installed...automatic updates running.

What makes you think I have only 512mb of ram? Did you see something somewhere indicated that? I have 1.00gb of ram.

Changed minimum page file size to 1600.

I am already running catalyst 6.5.

Ran the registerdll.bat...

same error

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:33 am

Sorry, about that. Read the wrong dxdiag.txt file.

Since you have a Catalyst 6.5 installed, I'll take your word for it since the one dxdiag.txt file you posted shows something different, make sure that you do have the 1.2 patch for Caesar IV installed. They've addressed some of the problems that X600 owners were having .

mumu5

Postby mumu5 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:32 pm

Excuse me i am not very familiar with these situations how am i going to solve this could u please help me again thankss

Copying RomeScriptInterfaces.dll and renaming it to romescriptınterfaces.dll and registering it with RegisterDLL.bat solves the problem for me.

allecat

still tryin

Postby allecat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:46 am

I've upgraded to ATI Catalyst for Radeonx600 ver 7.2 and still no luck...so have I wasted $40 buying this game?

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:00 am

As I mentioned previously, if you have patched Caesar IV to 1.2 some of the problems with the X600 were addressed.

Otherwise you may be better off going with the old Catalyst 5.4 (Normal) drivers that people were having luck with thei X600s before the 1.2 patch was relased.

See if this link works:

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=22264

5.4 is on the second page of the list.

Or, try this page:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1031

allecat

still tryin

Postby allecat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:20 am

I have patched to 1.2...do I need to run the patch after changing/upgrading video drivers?

Are you saying that another option is to not install patch 1.2 and then use catalyst 5.4?

How do I get my money back from Sierra/tilted mill if this game never works? I looked at the requirements on the box at the store, since I installed from a digital download(direct2drive) and my system meets all of them.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:41 am

allecat wrote:I have patched to 1.2...do I need to run the patch after changing/upgrading video drivers?

Are you saying that another option is to not install patch 1.2 and then use catalyst 5.4?

How do I get my money back from Sierra/tilted mill if this game never works? I looked at the requirements on the box at the store, since I installed from a digital download(direct2drive) and my system meets all of them.

No, you install the patch anyway and try the 5.4 drivers. You do not need to repatch the game after changing drivers. If you have the patch already, just change the drivers.

Unless you bought your game directly from Sierra, you'll have to deal with the store you got it from. Tilted Mill is the developer, Sierra is the owner of the title "Caesar IV," so TM can't do anything for you.

allecat

Postby allecat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:10 pm

I ran the ATI catalyst uninstaller, then ran the 5.4 catalyst install(from the guru link you gave me) and still the same error.

What next? Do you want a refresh of all of the diagnostic files? dxdiag? msconfig startup? etc?

KurtVanMan

Run Time Errors or Unhandled Exception Errors

Postby KurtVanMan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:11 am

Please bear with me as this is my first time posting on this board. I have two problems that are happening many times during game play and the error messages alternate. The first message states:

Game Exception
---------------------------
Unhandled exception: Invalid argument
Type: class TMill::Common::IO::IOException
File: C:\C4Patch\Source\Common\FileStream.cpp
Function: TMill::Common::IO::FileStream::Read
Line: 175
OK

And the second message is a Runtime error message. I have followed these threads with interest and have tried everything suggested to fix the issues with no success. I am attaching my DxDiag file as suggested in the hope that some more intelligent life form can assist me with this issue as I have almost given up hope of being able to play this game without constant crashes.

The other issue I have on occasion is what we used to call the blue screen of death and something about a memory dump. I have adjusted the virtual memory settings as one post suggested and still no help.

I hope someone can make sense of all of this. Thanks for your help and support.

mtothealee

Lagging

Postby mtothealee » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:37 am

My mouse is lagging, I have no problem with music or voices or noises on the game or the video just the mouse.... i have everything to min requirements! here's my dxdiag.....

-emily

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:44 am

KurtVanMan wrote:Please bear with me as this is my first time posting on this board. I have two problems that are happening many times during game play and the error messages alternate. The first message states:

Game Exception
Unhandled exception: Invalid argument
Type: class TMill::Common::IO::IOException
File: C:\C4Patch\Source\Common\FileStream.cpp
Function: TMill::Common::IO::FileStream::Read
Line: 175
OK

And the second message is a Runtime error message. I have followed these threads with interest and have tried everything suggested to fix the issues with no success. I am attaching my DxDiag file as suggested in the hope that some more intelligent life form can assist me with this issue as I have almost given up hope of being able to play this game without constant crashes.

The other issue I have on occasion is what we used to call the blue screen of death and something about a memory dump. I have adjusted the virtual memory settings as one post suggested and still no help.

I hope someone can make sense of all of this. Thanks for your help and support.

I see one thing that might be part of the problem. According to the review of the Dell Dimension 2400 on Cnet it is not equipped with a AGP port. Your dxdiag.txt file shows that a AGP port is "not available." I'm guessing the Radeon 9250 video card you have is a simple slow PCI slot card. These are not the best for gaming as they are very slow.

The ATI Radeon 9250 is a DX8.1 card that may be able to run Caesar IV, but it won't be the best performer and you will probably have to set most of the game graphics to minimums. A DX9 harware compliant video card would do better.

KurtVanMan

Other Games run perfect

Postby KurtVanMan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:32 pm

Thanks for the response on my game issues, I really don't fully understand the difference between AGP and PCI graphics cards, although I can tell you that all the other games I play I have no issues on, from Age of Empires III to Warcraft or Everquest everything runs perfectly except this game and I cannot understand it.

The Age of Empires is pretty graphics intensive and it has never crashed on me. Since I don't want to go out and but a new PC just for this game, can you expand on your comment about a DX9 compliant graphics card as that would be my next move.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Antorex

dxdiag

Postby Antorex » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:17 pm

I always get the "microsoft error report" message when I try to do a scenario or campainge. HELP?!

Antorex

Dxdiag

Postby Antorex » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:20 pm

CANT PLAY PAST THE TUTORIAL....VERY FRUSTRATING :mad: :eek: :(

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:46 pm

Already replied you in the CoTn section, but once more, no true video card, processor not good enough (1.6 minimum and you have 1.5), audio drivers too old. Lot of upgrading to do. Some of the others will tell you what can be done here.

Putting all the in-game settings to minimum or low, and shadows off might help you a little while playing the small maps, but I wonder if even that will help you in the long run.

Russian Bear

Postby Russian Bear » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:55 am

Hi to all! Sorry, I have a bad english and some words might be not spelled right :D . I have a problem, I'm shure, that such problem was already discussed somewhere here, but I didn't found it. May be you can give me an addres... Oh, and the problem is: When I start the mission, right after all sceense, just at the beggining, when there is the loading screen, the game drops me back to Windows... What should I do to fix this problem???? here's my dsdiag:

mouse

Postby mouse » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:39 pm

Russian Bear your english is fine. It appears that you have a program that creates virtual drives installed on your computer. You will need to disable that program or uninstall it as the copy protection in the game will not work on a system with virtual drives.
(edited for spelling)

Return to “Community Technical Support”