vista works!

For technical or performance related issues
samdbugman

vista works!

Postby samdbugman » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:15 am

Good morning all. Earlier I had asked about Vista working with the game. After getting the upgrade disc installed and the machine up and runing, I can say the game plays quite nicely on Vista home premium. The game play is smoother and the graphics are crisper than with XP. I am using the latest nvidia drivers from the nvidia website [not digitaly signed] and i am having no problems with the game. However, i didnt save the game files and I am currently replaying the game through again so I can unlock all the maps again.
I am currently runing amd 3800 processor with 1 gb ddr2 ram with a 7300gt card. I run the game at 1024x762 due to my sight, but have played the game at 1280x1024 [max monitor display] and the game runs as well as 1024x768, all the graphics pushed to the max. Please note, that while vista works for me, others may not have the same results. Have a great day all! sam

mouse

Postby mouse » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:18 am

That's good news and thank you for letting us know about your success :D

phil-maskell

Vista working

Postby phil-maskell » Sun May 13, 2007 8:33 pm

I am running Windows Vista Enterprise with Caesar IV and it works fine - some of the time! Some times I get the "run time" error when starting the game, it will load all the way through to the start of the game or saved game and then it crashes for no reason. Have reported the problem to Windows and am awaiting a reply. Even bought the newest nVidia Graphics Card, GeForce 8800GTS which has 640MB and DDR3 runs with Direct X10. I am using a dual-boot one drive has XP the other has Vista. So sometime it works with Vista and sometimes it does not!

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun May 13, 2007 9:20 pm

Vista isn't officially supported so it's seems to be hit or miss with it. DX10 is evidently missing some files that DX9 has and that could be causing a problem.

The only C++ crash info we have is for XP.

IF there is a compatability mode in Vista you may want to set Caesar IV to run as Windows 2000/XP as an administrator.

Return to “Community Technical Support”