mouse pointer stuck

For technical or performance related issues
camelel

mouse pointer stuck

Postby camelel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:28 am

Hello,
I've ought the game yesterday ut i'm unale to play as my mouse pointer is stuck in the main menu.
the mouse still functioning ut the pointer stays still.
i'm using windows 7 and attaching the dxdiag.txt file, i would really appreciate your help.
thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:53 am

Hello and welcome,
I have no idea, I would try different resolutions and perhaps grab the latest drivers from Logitech for the wireless mouse. You describe it like a display error so perhaps loading directx9c will fix it.

good luck!
:cool:

camelel

Postby camelel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:28 am

I've tried all different resolutions, downloaded the newest setpoint software for my mouse, tried compaility mode of windows xp sp3, tried with directx 11c, upgraded my Nvidia drivers to the last version, i've reinstalled the game like 10 times, it just don't work, i don't know what else to do.
And the most annoying fact is that i installed it on my private laptop which is lenovo n500 3000 (with XP) and on my work laptop thinkpad t400 (with win7) and it works there since first installation without any special configuration, just installed and everything works perfectly.
i don't understand what could it be?
more than that, I even reinstalled windows 7 but no luck :/
Last edited by camelel on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:56 am

I see your mouse is cordless. Have you tried disconnecting it and uninstalling the mouse software and driver and using a wired mouse with a generic mouse driver? Did your other computers also use a wireless mouse and Windows 7?

If your Logitech mouse has any sort of software running in the system tray in the lower right hand corner disable it and try using the mouse without it. If it doesn't appear in the system tray look in the task manager PROCESSES list and disable them there.

1650x1050 is a wide screen format and most games don't handle or work with that sort of format. You need a 4:3 format like 1440x1280, 1280x1024, 1024x768.

camelel

Postby camelel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:22 am

Ok, first of all, Thanks for the quick response.
second, i didn't try uninstalling the logitech software, but i did try unplugging my cordless set before running the game, also tried playing on 1280x1024 but no luck.
on my work laptop where i have window 7 installed, it's a 15.4inch and the mouse i'm using with it is a logitech bluetooth travel mouse - it works perfect.
anyways, i'll try everything you suggested when i get back home from work.
so thanks again and have a nice day :)

abana

Postby abana » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 pm

I had my mouse freeze like this when I first got the game, I think it was when I turned off a lot of programs that were working in the background that it stopped doing that.

camelel

Postby camelel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:43 pm

so i got ack home, uninstalled my logitech setpoint software, restarted my computer as asked, unplugged all my cordless devices, loaded the game (on default video settings while my desktop resolution is set to 800x600, also tried 1280x800) and still pointer is stuck...
attached is my new dxdiag
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by camelel on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: adding more info

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Do you have a wired mouse to try? If so give it a shot.

You'll need to grab a wired mouse driver to install. You should be able to get a generic one from Microsoft if Windows 7 doesn't have one on the list of installable driver devices that it comes with.

You may want to post a message on the Logitech support forums too:

http://forums.logitech.com/

camelel

Postby camelel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:23 pm

"Keith" wrote:Do you have a wired mouse to try? If so give it a shot. http://forums.logitech.com/

Yea, when i've posted the last message it was after connecting a wired mouse and keyboard...
i'll open a ticket at Logitech's site but i doubt they will agree that the problem is caused by the mouse or keyboard.
if you have any more suggestions, i'll be greatful.

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:53 pm

What are your mouse settings inside the game? look under the interface menu. Turn off Vertical Sync under the Video menu in the game.

Did you install NetFramework 2.0 from the Caesar IV disc when you installed the game?

Under Windows MOUSE settings in the Control Panel use a normal not animated cursor turn off mouse pointer trails.

If you are running any desktop theme in Windows 7 try turning that off.

Set the game to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR on Windows.

Jeanius

Stuck mouse pointer

Postby Jeanius » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:47 pm

Just spent 3 hours trying to sort this after upgrade to Windows 7. The solution was to change the desktop display font size to the default - 125%!

Return to “Community Technical Support”