c3 problem niot c4

For technical or performance related issues
abana

c3 problem niot c4

Postby abana » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:13 pm

But as I think that it a hardwear problem, I am hoping that you can help, I think that it just happened to hapen when I was playing c3.

I was playing last night and the game froze. CNTRL+ALT+DLT, Task Manager, and the startup mene were unresponsive, so I had to reboot using the power button on the front of the PCU. When the computer came back up, I had a DOS screen that said that I had to repair windows startup, I did so, and it said tht the system might restart several times in the process. so I figured, go read a book, when I came back about half an hour later I had the passwork enter screen, I tried to reopen the game, and it said to insert my CD, it was in the drive. My old PC used to sometimes "loose" the drive, and rebooting fixed it, but I had just rebooted, I had problems geting the drive open, when I did, the disc was shattered. I got all of the peices out, and tried a CD that I don't care about, it worked. So I guess the only thing that I have to do, is get a new copy. I had given my neices a copy of the game, and they aren't interested, so I think that I will see if I can use it untill I can replace mine.

I don't have an option to attach my dxdaig.

mouse

Postby mouse » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:43 pm

My guess would be that the old disk had "blown up" which caused the system to freeze. Hopefully the disk you gave your niece will be in better shape and you'll soon be back playing C3 :D

abana

Postby abana » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:05 pm

The one that I gave her, was new, she only played it a couple of times, and she is very compulsive about care, so I am sure that it is in good shape, I also plan to get my own, and return it to her, if she doesn't play, I am sure that one of her sisters will.

My main concern was wondering if this episode will damage my system furhther if I use it.

I thought that you would be the one to reply, you are the hardware expert.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:14 pm

If your hardware is going bad there is no stopping it. The only problem with the shattered disc comes from minute pieces that might not have been detected and left behind in the drive. Some old CD media tended to "explode" in later model high speed disc drives from the centrifugal force.

From the sounds of things though you may have a few more issues going on on your system than just that.

abana

Postby abana » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:21 pm

The only other problems that I am experiencing are disconection problems( I have wireless and several neighbors with cordless phones, but a Cox technician was here yesterday, he rewired the router, and the only time that i lost my internet conection sice then, was when this disc exploded). Also I have an accont on Facebook, and I have many of the same problems that others have, and they seem to be Facebook. What other issues do you see?

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:58 pm

I was referring to the the need to rebuild your Windows startup and that your PC seems "to lose a drive".

abana

Postby abana » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Oh, I thought that the reason that I had to rebuild the startup, wasbecause of rhe cd shattering, and it was with my last computer that the drive got "lost", when I'd go to "my computer", it would say that I had no d: drive, that is where I had the cd installed. I could never find a common situation that seamed to cause it, I was told that there might nave been a powere surge, that my surge suppressor took care of, but that rebooting would reset the setttings.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:05 am

"abana" wrote:Oh, I thought that the reason that I had to rebuild the startup, wasbecause of rhe cd shattering, and it was with my last computer that the drive got "lost", when I'd go to "my computer", it would say that I had no d: drive, that is where I had the cd installed. I could never find a common situation that seamed to cause it, I was told that there might nave been a powere surge, that my surge suppressor took care of, but that rebooting would reset the setttings.

Well I would guess the drive is going bad and or the CD had cracks. That pretty much the only way they can shatter. I have not heard of this is any drive in the last 5-6 years, they just do not try to spin that fast anymore.
:cool:

abana

Postby abana » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:12 am

As an update, I have downlaoded c3 from GOG.com, it doesn't guarantee that it won't happen again, but I can play my beloved c3. But it didn't comewith the editor :(

mouse

Postby mouse » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:13 am

Enjoy :D

Return to “Community Technical Support”