game will not save

For technical or performance related issues
cordoba

game will not save

Postby cordoba » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:06 pm

I have had C4 for a long time and never get tired of playing it...suddenly, last week, it stopped saving the game...both automatically and when asked. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, once saving the saved games and the other trashing everything...still, the game will not save...although it continues to play beautifully....I had tried to patch/fix it, but it says that ver. 1.0 is already installed...when I try to add a higher patch ver. 1.2, it won't let me....what to do....this game is very addicting for both my wife and I... I am operating a gaming computer with windows 7 and 8 gigs of ram, intel core i7 cpu .... please help.
Thank you

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:24 pm

Make sure you run the game from the computer's admin account. You can either login to that when you startup windows or you can right click on the Caesar IV icon and choose "Run as..." and then select administrator.

If that doesn't work, is your hard drive full?

Have you defragged the drive recently?

Clean out the C:\Windows\Temp folder.

Have you added a new Anti-virus program that might be preventing a save?

You can tell what version of Caesar IV you have installed by righting clicking the icon again or by clicking on the caesar4.exe file and then choose "properties". On the properties menu, click on the "Version" tab and the current version installed is displayed on that menu.

Return to “Community Technical Support”