Caesar 4 in Windows 8

For technical or performance related issues
akot783

Caesar 4 in Windows 8

Postby akot783 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:07 am

I am consistently getting error while trying to install Caesar 4 in Windows 8.

Have anyone had any success in installing it in Win 8??

akot783

Postby akot783 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:13 am

"akot783" wrote:I am consistently getting error while trying to install Caesar 4 in Windows 8.

Have anyone had any success in installing it in Win 8??

The error that I am getting is
An error [-5005 : 0x80070017 ] has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Tilted Mill Entertainment

Details:
Error Code: -5005 : 0x80070017
Error Information:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (1065)
PAPP:Caesar IV
PVENDOR:Tilted Mill Entertainment (http://www.tiltedmill.com)
PGUID:B7666229-351B-47D9-AA6F-DF777CF04BBF
$12.0.0.49974
@Windows (9200) BT_OTHER 0.0

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:17 am

I have it installed an running on Windows 8. Did you use the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter utility in Win 8?

If you are having a problem installing, point the utility program to the SETUP.EXE file on the disc.

You may also need to point the utility to the caesariv.exe file once the game is installed.

I got my copy working by telling the utility that my program "wasn't listed" on its list of preset games. I then got a menu that let me browse for the caesariv.exe file and select it. The utility did the rest of the work and afterwards I was able to get my game running.

You may also want to set up Caesar IV to "run as administrator".

I also did a similar routine to get my copy of "World in Conflict" running.

You can to to the PCT by going to the START screen, then simply type "Control Panel", which should appear in the right column search box as you type it.

Next select "Control Panel" from the left side of the menu.

If you view the menu by "Category" (see upper right), select the PROGRAMS option. Then choose "Run programs made for previous version of Windows. This will bring up the PCT menu.

From the first screen if you click on the advanced link about halfway down you will get an option to run the utility as the administrator. You can use it right away or not. I point it out so you know where it is.

Click NEXT and you will get a list of applications Windows 8 "knows about".

Choose "Not Listed" at the top of the list. Browse for the setup.exe file on the disc if you have are having a problem with the install.

If you are just having a problem getting the game to run, the browse for the CaesarIV.exe file in the game's install folder.

Once you have the file selected click Next.

Return to “Community Technical Support”