Small tip about Mercury bonus

Stuck and need help, or want to discuss strategy? This is the place!
Flammehav

Small tip about Mercury bonus

Postby Flammehav » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:58 am

As most of you know you get twice as much rawmaterial for the same price and workforce as soon as you have 20 houses covered from a shrine or temple(timber not included). Normally it takes some time to get 20 houses though, and it's in the first few years you want as much gods out of your labor as possible.

So I discovered that mothballed houses also count towards the 20 houses. Normally I placed 4 domus and 9-12 pleb housing. But when I tried it out adding another 4 insulae and mothballing them straight away. I got the 20 house mercury bonus even if I only had 13-16 houses occupied.

This can help lots in the beggining of some scenarios. Like the one I'm gonna play now and I know Ceasar will demand 100glas in no time, I can sell 65 each ear, and I have pottery, marble and gold. So I save lots of both, buildings(cost), space, workforce and payroll, on this little trick :D

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:43 pm

Great tip, thank you. :D

Novicia

Postby Novicia » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Thanks! Will be putting this tip into practice tonight :D

Dussander

Postby Dussander » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:04 pm

Yeah I've been using this to my advantage! I tend to build an entire housing block at the beginning and unmothball every time I need employees.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”