Caesar's legions...

Stuck and need help, or want to discuss strategy? This is the place!
Alessa

Caesar's legions...

Postby Alessa » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 pm

So I decided I want to have the good ol' Caesar III times back, pissing Caesar off and fight his legions. However, when I tried it in Caesar IV, Caesar only sends his legions once (after I initially pisses him off). The second wave never came? Is this a bug?

[edit]

After searching some older threads, I realized that's just the way it is in Caesar IV. How are you supposed to have fun with the wonderful military features? =(
Last edited by Alessa on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:25 pm

"Alessa" wrote:How are you supposed to have fun with the wonderful military features? =(
Even though many of the scenarios in the military campaign can be won relatively quickly, most of the fighting takes place later. Try selecting continue play after the win screen to "test" your army. The later empire military ones are probably the best -- Moguntiacum comes to mind. Hope this helps. :)

Alessa

Postby Alessa » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:26 pm

Yeah, but a lot of the invasions don't come regularly :( like after 10 years or so it just stopped all together. Having unlimited forces makes the fighting too easy too, kind of ruins the point of the concept of training and experiences IMO :p .

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:36 pm

Well, I sort of expected Rnett to answer this one.

If it's a fight you want try the Final Deception
http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13885
or Iceni Queen
http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18170
They ought to scratch your itch

If you find it too hard and want some practise ;)
try this tutorial:

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16165

aramann

Postby aramann » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 am

Thanks Herodotus! :D
The Military Tutorial shows one how it's actually not all that difficult to stomp Caesar's army!
(and they can indeed come more than once! perhaps depends on how you play?)

Alessa

Postby Alessa » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:03 am

Hmm, I can't seem to load The Final Deception, as there are no *.scn files ? What am I missing?

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:05 am

After you beat Caesar army, your favour goes up, so to have next invasion you need to lower it again. Best way is to shoot your salary to maximum.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:32 am

"Alessa" wrote:Hmm, I can't seem to load The Final Deception, as there are no *.scn files ? What am I missing?

I forgot about this, but actually the instructions are there on the CBC link.

As it was originally a contest the start is made from a save not a scenario file. This is to prevent cheating by the original contestants.
Also there are other things you need to do like sending weapons and armour to Caesar ... so read the story and winning criteria

It's easy enough though. Decide whether you want to play easy or hard then follow these instructions exactly (it only takes a few seconds but it is worth it)

The zip file will contain a number of files ....
Firstly, the file with the extension C4s should be extracted to the directory Saved Games in your C4 installation (Default location C:\Program Files\Sierra\Caesar4\Data\Save Games).
The remaining files should be extracted to the directory Scenarios (default location C:\Program Files\Sierra\Caesar4\Data\Scenarios).

You start the save from the Main Menu in C4, selecting Load Save. The save Final DeceptionEasy or The Final DeceptionHard should be listed.
It is not necessary to alter game difficulty.

The invasions start after xxx years (you didn't expect me to tell you when did you?)

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:27 pm

"vic_4" wrote:After you beat Caesar army, your favour goes up, so to have next invasion you need to lower it again. Best way is to shoot your salary to maximum.

After beating his army, my favor always went to zero...Image

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:45 am

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:22 pm

So after your favor went up then back down again, did 2 waves come?

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Right.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”