Trade problems

Stuck and need help, or want to discuss strategy? This is the place!
bobd07

Trade problems

Postby bobd07 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi

Ive just bought Caesar IV and am having a problem trading. I have opened up a trade route and the ships dont even bother sailing to me so i cant trade. I have the export limit set to 0, the docks are set to sell and have around 12 pottery in them but the ships still dont come. I have also tried moving the port twice because i thought i must have put it in a place the ships cant get to, still no ships. I have checked on the empire menu and it is set to trade on the trade route and isnt suspended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:57 pm

What city is this?

Some trade routes don't require a dock and are land routes. If the route is by sea you will be given a trade center with a dock, if it's by land the trade center won't have a dock.

If you look at the Empire Map, it will give you a good idea if a trade route is by sea or land. In on city, Moguntiacum, the trade route to Britannia is mostly on land until it gets to the English Channel where it crosses the water to Britain. Despite the fact that 90% of the route is over land, the fact that it crossed water makes it a "sea route" and you have to place the trade center near the water's edge with the end of the docks in open water. There should be no rocks in front of the ends of the docks.

Make sure that you do not have and of the items on the Resource advisor menu set to "stockpiling".

When you open the ORDERS menu of the trade center does it say "Not Buying" If you want something they have to sell click on that button so that it says "Buying" and set the amount you want to buy from that trade route by moving the slider for that item back or forward.

Is your trade center connected to a road?

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:20 pm

If it is by sea, are the bridges naval? Otherwiswe ships cannot pass them.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:24 pm

Also, each trade partner will only buy/sell a set number of goods per year. It shows when you click on the Empire Map for that city. If you have reached the max number to be bought or sold for the current year, you will have to wait for the new year to begin before they will begin trading again.
Last edited by Keith on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobd07

Postby bobd07 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:23 pm

Thank you very much, just noticed i had pottery stockpiling! oops! haha

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”