is Key Code same as CD Key?

For all <a href="http://www.caesarivonline.com/">Caesar IV Online</a> related discussion
[DAD]SilverMoon

Postby [DAD]SilverMoon » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:48 pm

i have the same problem, got the game today around 10am , hodgenville KY, at gamestar, just now wanted to look in and create an account and its saying the key is no good.. :(

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:59 pm

I've had another contact from VU, from a different techie, apparently they must have assigned my case to 2 different people.

Anyway, this one asked that I send him a scanned image of my CD's as well as the sleeve showing the serial number and said that they would get back with me in 24 to 48 hours and would pass along the information to the person/persons that can deal with this and might have to issue a new CD key.

So now it's a waiting game for me and I must wait out 24 to 48 hours to see whats going to happen.

Might I suggest that others contact VU/Sierra support and get their cases started. The sooner you get started, the sooner you will get a resolution to it hopefully. Unless of course TM can tweak something on the server (or in the patch if thats truly whats causing it, because I've got the current patch and I have the problem) or do something else to fix this problem which I suspect is only going to grow quite rapidly as more and more people try to access the online feature and find out that they dont have valid CD keys either.

Just my two centavos mind you.

allhailcaesar

same problem

Postby allhailcaesar » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:59 pm

downloaded the patch for my box game, still keep getting same message, invalid cd key???????? what else is going to be with this game???

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:02 pm

Also, Im wondering.....

To the people that are having this difficulty, which browser are you using? I dont know if it makes a difference but if what the one chap said is correct in that the game is sending something through the browser when we try to register, then I would have to wonder if it's dependant on a particular browser being used.

Im using I.E. 7.0 RC2 (I think it's release candidate 2 anyway) version: 7.0.5700.6

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:11 pm

Yes, it might be interesting to see what browser people having problem are using. If something is obvious, I can pass that along immediately to Sierra.

Jacquou Le

Postby Jacquou Le » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:18 pm

In case you need infos. I used Firefox (1.5.0.7) to register with no problem at all. Everything's gone through smoothly!

Have you seen my name on Caesar 4 Online page? :D

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:19 pm

I have tried it on 2 diferant pc's I get the same invalid cd key message. Only one pc has C 4 installed on it. The registration page is web based I doubt it uses the game files for anything. we are able to access the page from the link http://www.caesarivonline.com/govtools/register/ The one with out the game is using IE version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp-sp2. When i get home i can check what IE version I am running there the machine with the game installed.

REED where are you??? HELP Please

allhailcaesar

firefox user

Postby allhailcaesar » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:27 pm

Using latest version of firefox (1.5.0.7) and am unable to register.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:31 pm

Reed can't help you there. The official websites are now run by VUG/Sierra and are on their servers.

There doesn't appear to be a common thread so far as to a particular browser having a problem. It seems to be a pretty universal problem so far.

Bowen

Postby Bowen » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:43 pm

Same problem here. Keep getting invalid cd key when setting up online account. Bought game at Gamestop in Charlotte, NC.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:44 pm

Make sure you are typing it in exactly as it appears. It may be case sensitive.

Bowen

Postby Bowen » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:46 pm

To Keith. Yup, tried it 4-5 differents ways. I was able to register with no problem, just not the online account.

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:04 am

i called sierra tech support 1-800-630-0811 They asked if i patched YES i did. they took my cd key and said to call back in 48 hours so they have time to verify the cd key. I told him unacceptable. he then said call back in 24 hours. I said can you do any better than that? he said no they need to send the cd key to another dept for verification. So at 10:00 am est tomorow i call again when they open. sorry i didnt post earlier they close at 8 pm est. so everyone else call tomorow after 10:15 est I should be done with them by then ;)

DawudTEG

Invalid CD Key error

Postby DawudTEG » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:10 am

Reed wrote:Looking into it...

For those getting this error, where did you buy the game? (city, state and store please - in case we need specific locations)

I pre-ordered through the VU\Gamestop online store

Zamolxes

Postby Zamolxes » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:04 am

I encountered same problem. Installed the game, downloaded the patch. registered to Vu games, then opened an account on caesar online, cd key worked there. But when i try to acces the bonus material download, i get an invalid cd key error.
I preordered the game online, from vugames, shipped overnight.

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:25 am

Zamolxes wrote:I encountered same problem. Installed the game, downloaded the patch. registered to Vu games, then opened an account on caesar online, cd key worked there. But when i try to acces the bonus material download, i get an invalid cd key error.
I preordered the game online, from vugames, shipped overnight.

The preorder code for the bonus mission and obelisk is differant than the game and online code.

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:26 am

I had thought about calling them but I couldnt be bothered to talk to them on the telephone plus they might get my blood boiling and I might take out my frustration on someone who doesnt deserve it, so I'll have to wait the extra 24 hours that they said they would get back to me in (i.e. 24 to 48 hours).

Let's see what happens with this. It's really quite astonishing that it has affected just as many people that have posted to this thread, but it does seem to mean to me anyway that it's probably affected quite a lot of people of whom some might never come here seeking assistance with this problem and might never try to resolve why they can't use the online feature which would be a shame.

Inquisitus

Me Too

Postby Inquisitus » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:47 pm

I have the same problem as the OP. The CD key on the paper sleeve works when installing the game, but can't be used when signing up for online play. Game purchased from EB Games.

C Franziskus

Postby C Franziskus » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:05 pm

Got game from ebgames also.
Installed last night and signed up for C-IV Online using my CD-key - I had no problems at all... :confused:

I patched and rebooted, defragmented, turned on 'capslock' and turned off Zonealarm, and had antivirus on 'stand-by'...

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:43 pm

Phil,
Have you heard anything back from tech support on this issue? It's now going on 9am here on the west coast so I assume it's already almost Noon in est.

Thanks,

Return to “Caesar IV Online”