Page 3 of 4

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:59 pm
by Keith
I haven't even had a response to my message at Sierra yet.

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:23 pm
by Kuplo
Perhaps thats a good sign in that they are working on it on their end to ensure that whatever system they have in place will actually recogonize legitimate CD keys instead of having to pass out new CD keys to those that are affected.

Im also hoping for other peoples sake that they have stopped the printing presses until they work this out so that others dont have to be frustrated by being told that their legitimate purchase of C4 for $40.00 has an invalid CD key. :mad:

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:33 pm
by PhilL
I Did call them this morning I was told that they dont have an answer for me yet but will email me when they do. :( :rolleyes:

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:25 pm
by Reed
Just made an update in regards to this. Please try again... let me know if you're now able to register or not.

Thanks-

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:33 pm
by Kuplo
Success! Thanks Reed! It worked for me now and am registered.

ALTHOUGH! Im still waiting on the email that I think it's supposed to send me, I've checked my spam box and nothing has come through so far from the server to let me activate the account. So perhaps it's still bottlenecking somewhere on the server and not getting around to sending the emails.

edit: It's now been about 1/2 hour and still no sign of the activation email.

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:56 pm
by Reed
Kuplo wrote:Success! Thanks Reed! It worked for me now and am registered.

ALTHOUGH! Im still waiting on the email that I think it's supposed to send me, I've checked my spam box and nothing has come through so far from the server to let me activate the account. At least thats what I thought I saw after it said success.
So perhaps it's still bottlenecking somewhere and not getting around to sending the emails.

Try the Resend Activation email function, let me know if that works for ya or not. Also be sure to check your profile and confirm your email.

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:11 pm
by Kuplo
I tried the resend about 15 minutes after registering and still haven't seen any activation email, the email address that it is supposed to send it to is correct as shown in the resend to email address screen where I can resend the activation email.

I am also receiving email on this same account from other people in the last 30 minutes so Im pretty sure it's not a problem with my ISP, but one never knows.

I'll change it to my hotmail account to see if the bottleneck is on my ISP or the servers end just in case.

Update: It came through on my hotmail account (for others with Hotmail, it may come through as Bulk Mail as it did for me) so it must have been delayed on my RoadRunner cable account for some unknown reason. I'll keep an eye out however to see if it ever comes through on the roadrunner account as Im curious if RR blocks something so that others with a RR account can be aware of it.

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:17 pm
by Bowen
Mine just worked as well. Waiting for e-mail now. Will let you know when it goes through. Thanks
Edit: E-mail came through. Good to go.

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:29 pm
by MarkDuffy
Yeah, REED !!!

I'm sooo very happy for you all!

Welcome to Caesar IV Online !!! :) :) :)

HOOT !!!

Me too

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:56 pm
by Inquisitus
Works for me as well, thanks Reed!

reed you the man

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:02 pm
by PhilL
Many Thanks REED. Success! An email has been sent to phil_ with your activation details.

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:45 am
by [DAD]SilverMoon
well now, it finally worked to register, well got no email but after want them to resend it finally came in, now then i wanted to login and i dunno maybe i am stupid but it says username/pass wrong...i mean hello, i just registered and i know what i did put in there....sighs..so i want them to resend pass but..nothing...argh..

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:17 am
by Kuplo
'[DAD wrote:SilverMoon']well now, it finally worked to register, well got no email but after want them to resend it finally came in, now then i wanted to login and i dunno maybe i am stupid but it says username/pass wrong...i mean hello, i just registered and i know what i did put in there....sighs..so i want them to resend pass but..nothing...argh..

Can you login to the website or is it through the game that you can't login with your username and password.

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:51 pm
by [DAD]SilverMoon
both wont work, says username/pass wrong, i wanted new pass but no email at all, tried that a few times yet..nothing...grrrr...well no matter the game keeps crashing anyway as soon as you want to open a trade route

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:34 am
by Keith
Reed wrote:Just made an update in regards to this. Please try again... let me know if you're now able to register or not.

Thanks-


Reed, I had no problem registering my game a few days back, but when I tried to enter the CD key into the bonus material page Satruday morning (yesterday) that didn't work. I got a error page saying the code was incorrect. So there definitely is a problem there. I double checked my code before submitting it.

The BM page quite clearly says CD-KEY so unless that is wrong the bonus material page needs looking at.

I just wanted to see if I would have a problem too even though I have the bonus file.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:49 am
by vic_4
Keith wrote:Reed, I had no problem registering my game a few days back, but when I tried to enter the CD key into the bonus material page Satruday morning (yesterday) that didn't work. I got a error page saying the code was incorrect. So there definitely is a problem there. I double checked my code before submitting it.

The BM page quite clearly says CD-KEY so unless that is wrong the bonus material page needs looking at.

I just wanted to see if I would have a problem too even though I have the bonus file.

A stupid question, did you check case? I had that problem, (shudder)

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:46 pm
by Keith
What do you think? :rolleyes:

Of course, I did. :p

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:11 pm
by vic_4
Keith wrote:What do you think? :rolleyes:

Of course, I did. :p

I take the rebuke, everybody can overlook something.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:52 pm
by Reed
Keith wrote:Reed, I had no problem registering my game a few days back, but when I tried to enter the CD key into the bonus material page Satruday morning (yesterday) that didn't work. I got a error page saying the code was incorrect. So there definitely is a problem there. I double checked my code before submitting it.

The BM page quite clearly says CD-KEY so unless that is wrong the bonus material page needs looking at.
I didn't have anything to do w/ that, but that page doesn't take your game CD Key. It takes a "Bonus CD key", which was sent via email to preorders.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:14 pm
by Keith
Ok, it doesn't say BONUS CD KEY so that is leading to a lot of confustion. I just tried it to see what the problem was. I've already told the people at Sierra about it.