2 Million Denarii - No Buildings?

For all <a href="http://www.caesarivonline.com/">Caesar IV Online</a> related discussion
brfmeister

2 Million Denarii - No Buildings?

Postby brfmeister » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:51 pm

So, after playing this game for a couple of years online, I know that winning the caesar challenges is usually a brute force issue - enough time, on any PC, running in "slow mode" so your city doesn't burn down will usually get you the high score or the high population (if you plan your city well enough). The "fastest" Time Trial is a pretty well known one - whoever plays first - wins. BUT, from what I can tell - the only one that really challenges both creativity and capability of building and running a city is the Most Denarii scenarios. Sadly, lately - that doesn't work either. How are people getting 1M and 2M Denarii? How are people getting 2M Denarii - with "n/a" as there building list? Are they that good? Is there a cheat? The good news is that the servers seem more stable... the bad news is there isn't much challenge left.

jlchristian

Postby jlchristian » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:13 pm

I noticed that too. I thought I did pretty good by getting over 1M - I had well over 100 Patrician villas. But 2M seems impossible. I tried playing the scenario again but only earned a little more than my first try. I think the building list being blank is a bit suspicious. If there is a cheat I think that guy must have figured it out. Or maybe I'm just not trying hard enough?

filenotfound

Postby filenotfound » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:27 am

The mystery gets even deeper knowing that the guys that are topping the charts are in the dark themselves!

Hi guys. I just joined a short while ago, just in time to battle it out last season. I suppose if you want to challenge yourself more on the highest points category, you could limit yourself to 30y (plus or minus a week won't really matter). The time limit may be a tad shorter for the highest pop contest. If the server resumes at all, I'd like to give you guys some challenge.
Peace

aramann

Postby aramann » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:22 pm

If you really want a challenge, try the Iceni Queen C4 contest over at http://www.citybuildingcontests.net
Any scenario posted there is WAY more difficult that the online challenges here. And most of them eventually get posted in the user-created section here as well. GoonSquad has an excellent scenario called Aisle of Plenty in which the goal is to make 1,000,000 as quickly as possible. Try it on Hard, there's a nice little start-up surprise.
Twelve Days, created by Hieronymus and myself is also found here and is an all time favorite according to the number of downloads, it's rather holiday themed but is still fun and quite challenging. Good luck and happy gaming!

dcba41

yes

Postby dcba41 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:46 pm

yes there is a cheat
step 1 press enter
step 2 type denarii
step 3 palce a space
step 4 type a number (number will become new denarii total)

ps hope this helps you have a chance two win

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:52 pm

"dcba41" wrote:yes there is a cheat
step 1 press enter
step 2 type denarii
step 3 palce a space
step 4 type a number (number will become new denarii total)

ps hope this helps you have a chance two win

Yes you can do that but what kind of a 'win' is that when your win screen says YOU CHEATED. :p

Return to “Caesar IV Online”