Here is a large blank Roma Map to fool with

Discussion and help with using the in-game editor
axel

Large scenario

Postby axel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:53 pm

Kuplo wrote:Hi,
This version is for people that want to create their own scenarios using what is to me a very large map (Roma) but dont want to build from absolute scratch.

I am beginning with the editor ans I nedd some aid...
I want to play with a big city like LargeBlankRomaMap but I can't..
The first... I have 3 files in my scenarios folder (Roma.cs,Roma.sco,Roma.xml) but I can't see the Roma scenario in the scenario game menu ????.
I did....
Copy and rename the 3 files from your LargeBlankRomaMap.zip and now I already have Roma.scn, Roma_Blend.DDS and Roma_Color.DDS
I thought that was all but no....
The Roma game start but don't work and if I try to edit the Roma scenario (now I can see it) the screen say me: The play safe is not valid.
What's the problem? That it is what I make bad?.
Sorry for my english, I'm spanish.

axel

LargeRomaMap

Postby axel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:22 pm

Kuplo wrote: This version is for people that want to create their own scenarios using what is to me a very large map (Roma) but dont want to build from absolute scratch.

Hi, I am beginning with the editor and I need some help...
I want to play with a large map like Roma or your LargeRomaMap but I can't.
I have in my scenario's folder 3 files: Roma.cs, Roma.cso and Roma.xml but I can't see the Roma scenario with the scenario game menu ???.
I did....
Copy and rename the 3 files from your LargeRomaMap.zip in the same folder and I already have Roma.scn, Roma_Blend.DDS and Roma_Color.DDS.
I thought that it was all but no....The scenario's game don't work and if I try to edit the Roma scenario the screen say to me: the play saved is not valid.
What's the problem? Whwt I'm doing bad?
Sorry for my english, I'm spanish

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:47 pm

Try just installing the large roma original map from C4, if you dont have the original anymore you can redownload it from here: http://www.caesariv.com/us/bonus/thankyou.html

And see if you get the same error when trying to edit it.

The largeblankroma map that I supplied here may not have been intact complete with all necessary files, and that's why I didn't unleash it on the general public in the other forums, so it's a use at your own peril type of map however Will from TM has said in another thread that adding scenarios to ones scenario folder might cause the game to crash but shouldnt do any harm to your game.

Anyway, download the originals and use the editor to try to edit the original roma map and see if you get the same error.

I've never seen an error that says "The play safe is not valid" is that a Caesar IV error message that you see or a windows error message?

axel

Postby axel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:59 pm

Kuplo wrote:I've never seen an error that says "The play safe is not valid" is that a Caesar IV error message that you see or a windows error message?

Is a Caesar IV error message....
spanish: La partida guardada no es valida. Las partidas guardadas no validas pueden provocar problemas si no reicias Caesar IV.
English (no very good): The play safe is not valid. The saved plays not valid can cause problems if don't reset CaesarIV.

axel

Postby axel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:11 pm

Kuplo wrote:Try just installing the large roma original map from C4

I have de original game (In spain for sale since Oct 13).
I not understand "installing the large roma original map from C4" ??.
I have a CesarExec.exe. Is this?

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:16 pm

No, it has nothing to do with any .exe file. If anyone ever tells you it does, then ignore them because no scenario will ever have you change or alter any executable file (.exe)

What I mean is for you to go to the url that I said, and download the official Roma bonus content, and unzip it to your Caesar IV/Data/Scenario folder

You may end up with an additional folder in your Scenario folder depending on how you unzipped it. If you now look in your Scenario folder and see an additional folder called Roma, then go into that one, and select all of the contents in there, and highlight them all then choose "copy", then go back to your Caesar IV/Data/Scenario folder and right click and choose paste, you will then have the original roma scenario files in the right folder.

Then start the game and use the editor to see if you can edit the origingal Roma Map.

axel

Postby axel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:30 pm

[QUOTE=Kuplo]
And see if you get the same error when trying to edit it.[QUOTE]
Let me clarify something...
In a few days I can see all scenarios (only I can't see Roma) by editing each scenary to play with target population =50. All scenary are sucess.
In normal playing what is necesary to see Roma? Is possible that I need some scenerio to win? .

axel

Postby axel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:37 pm

Kuplo wrote:
What I mean is for you to go to the url that I said, and download the official Roma bonus content, and unzip it to your Caesar IV/Data/Scenario folder

GOOD....THANK YOU Kuplo.
Now I already have Roma.zip. In spanish web is not there this option.

axel

Postby axel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:56 pm

Kuplo wrote:
Then start the game and use the editor to see if you can edit the origingal Roma Map.

I'm very happy Kuplo. I was an enthusiastic player CaesarIII and now I am trying to arrive at more of 1000000 people with CaesarIV.
A last question:
Why I can't see to insert trees for wood with the editor?.
Very thanks

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:23 pm

axel wrote:I'm very happy Kuplo. I was an enthusiastic player CaesarIII and now I am trying to arrive at more of 1000000 people with CaesarIV.
A last question:
Why I can't see to insert trees for wood with the editor?.
Very thanks

Follow what Will Jennings said in his post regarding the trees, look for the Spanish word for timber. It should be under the buildings category instead of the other category.

I don't want to burst your bubble or anything but I really don't think that anyone is going to be able to obtain a million people with Caesar IV. Someone tried to figure out how many houses it would require to house that many people, and I believe they figured it out to be more than 6500 insulae's. Which on all but the biggest maps would be near impossible. Perhaps though with extreme planning you might be able to cram in close to that many houses.

However, I don't think that there's a computer available today that could run Caesar IV with a million people population. But give it a try anyway.

JadeDragon

Postby JadeDragon » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:42 pm

I tried to use each of your maps Kuplo. When I click on them in the game, I get an error message saying the save game is invalid. Any idea why this happens? JD

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:18 pm

Are you using the US version of the game? Do you have the patch installed?

Other than something related to those two ideas, I dont really know. I've not yet experienced any messages even remotely similar to saved game invalid.

And shouldnt the save game invalid message only occur if you are loading from a saved game? If so then I dont know why it would appear when you load up the scenario from the, New Game, Scenario menus.

You have saved this to your scenario folder right? It should go into the scenario folder and not the saved games folder.
Does anyone else experience this?

JadeDragon

Postby JadeDragon » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:33 pm

Hmmm, Yes I saved it to the scenerios folder, but no I don't have the patch.
I was under the impression that that was for the on-line portion of the game.
I guess I was wrong, do you think that is it then? :o JD

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:29 pm

Yes.

Many people were and still are under the impression that the patch only fixes some online security issues when in reality it changed more than that. I know for fact that it also did some changes to the editor as well and I would imagine other parts of the game.

Generally saved games from patched games are usually not compatible with games that are unpatched due to the way that games are saved where as saved games from prepatch games sometimes are converted to patch status when opening them in a patched game. But of course not always. Some games wont open saved games that were not saved using the currently used version of the game as what appears to be the case here with C4

So yes, I would suspect that is the problem here.

JadeDragon

Postby JadeDragon » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:29 pm

Thanks Kuplo! Going to get the patch right now. Then I'll try it again. :D JD

JadeDragon

Postby JadeDragon » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:01 pm

Yup, that was it. Funny how it only says that it only fixes an issue with the on-line portion on the site. They really should change that. Thanks Kuplo! JD

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Reported for spam

Return to “Editing”