How do I set starting values for Favor, Prosperity, Security?

Discussion and help with using the in-game editor
LuciusVorenus

Postby LuciusVorenus » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:43 pm

I start with 0 Favor and Rome fires me after a year!

Also, how do I set goals for these ?

Thanks !

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:01 pm

It's not possible to set starting security or prosperity ratings. Favor is set via the "S" tab in the editor (see the screen below).

Rating goals are also set on this screen. Click on 'New', select 'Victory (AND)' for the 'Effect' (assuming there is more than one goal and all have to be met for victory). Next option ('Category') down select 'Attributes'. Next option down ('Goal') select the relevant rating. Next option down select '>='. Then enter the target value in 'Amount'. Finally enter a 'Name' for the goal (for example) '90 Prosperity' or whatever and click on 'Submit' to set the goal. The 'Delete' and 'replace' options should be self-explanatory.

Don't forget to edit the XML file to tell the player what the goals are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LuciusVorenus

Thanks!

Postby LuciusVorenus » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:48 pm

Thanks! It was right in front of my face the whole time...

SimetricalJean

Postby SimetricalJean » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:19 am

Hi,

I'm having problems setting up my goals. When i hit new goal, then choose effect ( victory(and), then choose attributes, then i get next to goal the text : unused type and when i hit the pull down arrow I get no choice between prosperity, security, etc... there is simply nothing there, the list is blanco? Im i doing something wrong or?....

Thanks in advance for your reply

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:06 am

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. It's just that sometimes (and I haven't yet worked out why) the editor gets a little, er, temperamental. I've seen this happen once or twice before, exactly as you describe it. I can't recall exactly what I did to get the list to come back, but it was one of the following: go and do something else in the editor, then come back; exit from the editor and go back in; exit from C4 and start up again.

(I've also seen similar things happen with the menus for placing sprites - sometimes you get a blank list which comes back later when you do something else.)

Return to “Editing”