Well, i have to try it once's

Discussion and help with using the in-game editor
SimetricalJean

Postby SimetricalJean » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Nice work Pecunia : just found the link on heaven games to what seems to be the beginning of a great editor guide : http://caesar4.heavengames.com/gameinfo/editor
Thanks a lot for that, really appreciated, ....like i had no idea that the approns would determine whether you can do trade on sea or not, i guess iv just been lucky to have taken an appron that supports sea trade, without realising it...
Keep up the good work....

And if anyone of you finds some time to look at some of the above questions, i know you are all very busy...

Pecunia

Postby Pecunia » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:00 pm

SimetricalJean wrote:like i had no idea that the approns would determine whether you can do trade on sea or not, i guess iv just been lucky to have taken an appron that supports sea trade, without realising it...

As stated on the page, you CAN have sea trade with any apron:
For aprons without water entry, trade by water is still possible by running a river to any map edge, but it will look odd.

SimetricalJean wrote:Why are "rubbled villa's" specified with 1-3 and 4 and not 1-2-3? Where is 2?

The numbers refer to the level of the villa, with 1 being small villa. Because they are only used in the Carthago scenario: the designers probably decided they only wanted to have rubbled small villas, large villas and small estates, and so they didn't bother to create other rubbled versions of other patrician housing.

SimetricalJean

Postby SimetricalJean » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:00 pm

Aha,...an update on editor pages on heaven games; thanks a lot Pecunia, i got my answer on something that intrigued me :the Walkers:
This option was only used by Tilted Mill to get people into their early screenshots from the game. Best not to use them in your scenario.

Tell me about it, it either crashes the game or they just vanish. Though the mules staid for a while till some peeps came to pick em up...anyway...

Buildings:
Do note that houses and other buildings that store resources will behave in an unpredictable way: the goods in stock will vary and houses will add “phantom people” to your population count. Use with care

Not all buildings that store resources; only the granary, markets and housing. Depots for example don't do it, nor do any other buildings like farms, goldmines that can hold resources. And only if you have started playing the scenario and then go back in the editor and save and go back to scenario, it will behave odd housing wise ( 'ghosts' /doubles population everytime you go back in forth in between editor( & save) and play scenario ) If you build the city last thing and dont change anything else afterwards having played it once, it will not behave odd with the number of population. Anyway,not to important...
And you cant build walls in the editor.

The actual look of “Road 1” in the game is defined by the region you chose: desert roads look different from Northern European ones.

Another one of my silly questions answered :D

Oh and, i didnt see any mention of the " remove sprites" on the T tab. As obvious as it might seem, since your doing the Units tab, maybe you can mention that with "remove sprites" you can remove any "objects" such as buildings, walkers, other's, except roads and arable.

Looking forward on your section about the events...

Pecunia

Postby Pecunia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:16 pm

SimetricalJean wrote:Aha,...an update on editor pages on heaven games; thanks a lot Pecunia

LOL, I didn't intend to release those pages yet, but I guess they slipped in when I fixed the "next" link on the aprons page ;) They're not quite done yet: I'm still working on them, especially the last one.

Thanks for the additional info on the walkers & buildings. In fact, this thread has been a little goldmine of info regarding them: thanks for doing so many experiments :)

SimetricalJean

Postby SimetricalJean » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:58 pm

I didn't intend to release those pages yet...

yeah sorry for already giving comment on an unfinished page ( which seems is by now finished), so ignore my comment about 'Remove sprites', i should have noticed that you were only halfway when i read it, it stopped somewhere around: and this is where it gets interesting...anyways

On your "placing objects" page:
A note regarding elevation:....

Yes, except roads, you can build roads under water,(made a nice canal-looking harbour with it) but then again, you correctly state 'Objects'...

keep up the good work...
Last edited by SimetricalJean on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pecunia

Postby Pecunia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:07 pm

SimetricalJean wrote:yeah sorry for already giving comment on an unfinished page ( which seems is by now finished)

No problem at all, it just motivated me to finish it :) Besides, it's my own fault for making it accessible through links on the other pages. *goes off to write some more pages*

Return to “Editing”