I am translating Caesar IV to portuguese - I have an issue, please help me!

Discussion and help with using the in-game editor
Porcodue

I am translating Caesar IV to portuguese - I have an issue, please help me!

Postby Porcodue » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:32 pm

Hello Everybody!

I need a help ftom you! I am Porcodue, from GameVicio, a brazilian website that work with translations of games. We make mods of games to be able to translate then to portuguese, so people can buy the game and install our mod to fell more confortble. We do this without any cost, and now I am working on 4 projects, Oblivion, Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights and Caesar IV.

I am translating the xml files, in order to make a portuguese version of the game. But I am having a problem here that I need a solution. When I use special characters, like ç or ã, and put them inside the xml files to make the trasnlation, the game show a warning, telling me that there is a string table parsing error. It doesn`t accept this characters.

I got with a friend some files that could help me, from the french version of the game, but I have the same error, even if I fix the characters adresses on the file languagetext.xml

There is someone here that can help me? I need just to know how can I use special characters inside the game, because something is blocking it now. Please help me!

Ps.: Our website is 100% Legal, and we don`t make modifications or take credits uppon the games that we translate, we just assegure that the brazilian gammer will be able to understand the game he just have bought! Here in Brazil there is not much people that can read in english.

Thanks for your attention! I will wait a return form Tilted Mill or some one that can help me!

Attentiously,
Rafael Massuti - Porcodue
http://www.gamevicio.com.br

Porcodue

Postby Porcodue » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:13 pm

Problem resolved! Sorry for the trouble! Thanks for all!

Return to “Editing”