Newb with map question

Discussion and help with using the in-game editor
cjezorek@bellsouth.net

Newb with map question

Postby cjezorek@bellsouth.net » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Hello all,

I am totally new to Caesar (I have played Pharaoh in the past but am normally a MMO gamer and need something to sink my time into while I wait on a new MMO to be released).

I am interested in creating my own senario to play with few goals I just love the building and designing of the cities and could really care less about advancing or "winning" anything.

I have figured out the basics of how to create what I want my problem is the map. I don't have the time, knowledge or skill to create a map that I want to play on - so my question is - Where can I see maps that I can either download or see current maps in the game so that I may just edit the goals. I don't want to install entire senarios although if it is possible to just pluck the maps out of something I am willing.

Thanks for the time!

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:00 pm

"cjezorek@bellsouth.net" wrote:Where can I see maps that I can either download or see current maps in the game so that I may just edit the goals. I don't want to install entire senarios although if it is possible to just pluck the maps out of something I am willing.
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Why can't you open one of the scenarios with the game and decide if you like the map?

If you look back through this editing forum (or maybe the user-created scenario forum), Pecunia posted a minimapper that makes a picture of the map for a scenario. I haven't used it, but is that what you're interested in?

If you want to use an existing map in your scenario, the info for the terrain is contained in the Color.dds and Blend.dds files. Just copy them from the existing scenario you want to borrow from and rename them to match your scenario (ie Alexandria_Color.dds becomes MyScenario_Color.dds).

Return to “Editing”