Carpathia

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
ClaudiusXXXIII

Carpathia

Postby ClaudiusXXXIII » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:59 am

Another new map for those that like to build. Ratings all at 100.

You are challenged to build a city in a pass in the Carpathian Mountains to protect and serve the Empire of Rome.

Enjoy!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

darkman

Carpathian ?

Postby darkman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:15 am

I will have to give it a try so i would see how the roman empire would look like in my favorite mountains :)

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:53 pm

"darkman" wrote:I will have to give it a try so i would see how the roman empire would look like in my favorite mountains :)

Whatever happened???Image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So anyways, I was wondering why nobody did a write-up on this one and decided to see for myself. Image

To my suprise, this is a fairly routine, straight forward scenario with demands & requests to fufill as well as a little bit of a military element added in. Plenty of room to build, plenty of resourses to mine all within reach of one another. You actually build your city within a mountain pass itself with a small stream to boot. All trade is via wagon and well balanced. As always, I wish there was more trade (since I like the ca$h), but there is enough trade to support the 10k population required to finish. Putting all 10k to work might be a hassel at the end, unless you plop a whole bunch of towers or marble camps. I underestimated how many residence I needed and had to cram them in where I could. There was several invasions that I handled with prefects or bribed later and the demands were a delightful change of pace. I actually received a small increase in favor for every demand I fulfilled, kinda like a small pat on the back instead of usual "Be my witch" demands and get no acknowledgement at all. For some reason the author sets the salary to caesar which I thought was a bit steep and lowered later in the game when I realized it.

Overall I could give this a easy 4 out of 5 and could recommend it for everyone. Prefects RulezzzImage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

p3obar

Postby p3obar » Mon May 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Where can I download this?

Return to “User-created Scenarios”