Lxxxiv

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Hieronymus

Lxxxiv

Postby Hieronymus » Wed May 16, 2007 8:21 pm

LXXXIV is a timed mission. You have seven years to build 5 shrines, 5 temples, and 5 obelisks. As you might expect, it's not quite as easy as it sounds...

Complete the goals in the time allotted, and you get the victory screen.

Fail, and there's no defeat screen. Instead you can sit back and watch as an earthquake wipes out your city - in fact, it will not give up until your population is reduced to zero. Some might find this more satisfying than the victory screen - I know I did :D

LXXXIV uses a brand new map - though I did use an existing map as a starting point (Pecunia's minimapper worked it out!).

If this is not for you, you might want to look at Nicopolis, which is a sandbox based on the same map.

Enjoy!

(Minimap courtesy of Pecunia's minimapper)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Wed May 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Fail, and there's no defeat screen. Instead you can sit back and watch as an earthquake wipes out your city - in fact, it will not give up until your population is reduced to zero. Some might find this more satisfying than the victory screen - I know I did :D

LOL !!!

Can't wait to lose this one! :D

EDIT: Mission Accomplished !!!

As yet you have no patricians in Nicopolis who have the right contacts in the neighbouring provinces

:p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Thu May 17, 2007 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Thu May 17, 2007 5:25 pm

MarkDuffy wrote:LOL !!!

Can't wait to lose this one! :D

EDIT: Mission Accomplished !!!

As yet you have no patricians in Nicopolis who have the right contacts in the neighbouring provinces

:p

Hope it was worth the 7 year wait :) Never did work out why the granaries, warehouses and markets seem immune to earthquakes though :rolleyes:

Anyone else get stuck at the same point?

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu May 17, 2007 8:44 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Hope it was worth the 7 year wait :) Never did work out why the granaries, warehouses and markets seem immune to earthquakes though :rolleyes:

Yeah that was wierd, along with population going to zero & then all the Insulae/Domus falling at the same time afterwards. :D

Anyone else get stuck at the same point?

Not suck any longer! I just had to slap myself for being a HUGE dummy after finally figuring it out! :rolleyes:

< onward & upward! :) >

EDIT: Win Screen! (6 years 11 months :D :rolleyes: ) I'm not gonna post it unless Hieronymus sez it is OK. It would probably give waaay too much away.

Messages are very important (& tricky) & you cannot walk away from the game. There are important messages that do not show in the Message Log ~ they are the ones that look like the snapshot message. Pay close attention to them. ;)

Also, remember that the Goals are here in this thread. They are NOT listed on the Scenario Info screen.
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Fri May 18, 2007 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Fri May 18, 2007 10:20 am

MarkDuffy wrote:EDIT: Win Screen! (6 years 11 months :D :rolleyes: ) I'm not gonna post it unless Hieronymus sez it is OK. It would probably give waaay too much away.

Messages are very important (& tricky) & you cannot walk away from the game. There are important messages that do not show in the Message Log ~ they are the ones that look like the snapshot message. Pay close attention to them. ;)

Please go right ahead and post - the final ratings & population do not (as it happens) give very much away.

Really interested to hear your take on how it went. You're right of course about the importance of the messages. The hints do generally repeat every month or so (as you can testify :p ). I wanted to get the player to think about what to do next, but the messages aren't intended to be obscure. But, having run through it 5 or 6 times during testing, I'm not the best judge as to what's obscure and what's obvious :rolleyes:

Also, remember that the Goals are here in this thread. They are NOT listed on the Scenario Info screen.

That's true - but there is actually a message you should get in the first year that tells you this as well. But it only appears in the message log (with a warning message to get you to check the log at the same time). Which (I guess) proves your point about the messages. :D

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Fri May 18, 2007 4:58 pm

Ah yes, Hieronymus, I forgot about the very early message from Jupiter that DOES show in the Message Log. It has the rest of the Goals in it! :o

Ok, here's my win screen, but no city images yet. If had had known that I needed to do this much (probably waaaay more than actually was needed, cuz I was confused a LOT!), I would have started different. As it was, I had to go back to a Oct 26 BC save to get the win (after losing a few more times in the "six months left" Lab).

This to me, equals FUN! :D

PS ~ What really attracted me to this scenario was the earthquake! I haven't destroyed a city since the Demo daze. :D
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Sat May 19, 2007 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Sat May 19, 2007 2:15 pm

MarkDuffy wrote:PS ~ What really attracted me to this scenario was the earthquake! I haven't destroyed a city since the Demo daze. :D

It's a pity that there doesn't seem to be a way of working out the Governor's name - otherwise all my scenarios would have the following in the script :p

If Governor = "Mark Duffy" then DestroyTheCity

roger0564

Great Senario

Postby roger0564 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:58 am

This was the most fun senario I have played yet.
Earthquake took me out three times before My Girlfriend and I finally figured out all of the clues. thanks so much for this one.

Dalan

Postby Dalan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:51 am

Success finally after the earthquake got me. A brain teaser. :confused: Great game. :cool:

Thank you Hieronymus.

alexasrosa

Postby alexasrosa » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:41 pm

You created a monster... and the monster wants MORE !!!

:D

gerhardc

Postby gerhardc » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:17 am

Ok i am at a deadlock.................... I have all my shrines and temples with perfect coverage.......... I have prosperity of 100 and culture of 100..........what am i missing for my obelisks?? Please help!!!!

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:53 am

OK, I won't answer directly, but instead I'll ask you three questions that may give you a hint:
  1. Do you have the route to Aegyptus opened
  2. How many grand mansions do you have?
  3. How much denarii in the city treasury do you have?

gerhardc

Postby gerhardc » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:28 pm

Thx H your criptic awnser helped.............i should have asked this long ago lol then maybe i would not had the need to watch 3 earthquake's.....
Thx for another great scenario

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:10 pm

Great job, gerhardc! Glad you got there in the end! :D

gerhardc

Postby gerhardc » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:11 pm

I just love your scenarios.... could you please list them all for me ( not sandboxes............i dont like em much), i kinda think i have played most of them by now.

Thx

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:57 am

Getting feedback like yours is great encouragement to keep on making more of them - so thanks :)

The complete list is as follows (I've left out Djedu Revisited as that was a sandbox, and not really a true scenario - just something I put together in the editing forums as a demo of the sort of things you could do with scripting... I never even dreamed of ending up as a designer!).

Cyrene Revisited
Lugdunum Revisited
LXXXIV
Mons Argaeus
Ex Decorum Veritas
Pulchritudo Vincit

These were my "solo" efforts, getting progressively more complex with each one. All the ones I've done since then have been with aramann (the Insane but Magnificent), whom I regard as a co-designer for all of the following - even though she may deny it for perhaps a couple of them (TDP and AB) ;) :

The Dark Pool
Twelve Days
Arabian Bizarre
Military Tutorial
Iceni Queen

The last of these is currently only available from CBC.

Speaking of which, we have a new one coming THIS Friday. Its Labors of Herculaneum (think Twelve Days meets Mons Argaeus) - see this CBC thread. Try it out, even if you don't want to enter the contest itself.

Several others in the works, in no particular order: Twisted Nicopolis, The Agrilus, possibly another seasonal offering, something set in Antinoopolis, a sequel to Labors, and a C4 Team Contest on CBC for 2009...
Last edited by Hieronymus on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:11 am, edited 6 times in total.

aramann

Postby aramann » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:21 pm

I deny everything. Just because. ;)
Twelve days is a LOT of fun, though. Definitely an all time favorite, both in creating AND playing!

gerhardc

Postby gerhardc » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:15 pm

Thx H ....yes i see i still have two of the solo ones to play..........am bussy with Iceni Queen now...........BUT i already got defeated by the second roman heaveys lol........i will get there eventualy i am sure lol.

I will try the contest on CBC , but i am not that good at contest stuff..

And please you 2 must keep on creating scenarios for us to play......it keeps C4 alive.......I must be honest the scenarios that i have played is way more fun than the ones in C4 ( dont tell TM lol ).

Thanx
Ger

PS oh and arramann i dont except your denying ......we all know that wif the evil mindedness of the scenarios ( poor misshandling of sheep aswell ) are 80% you and 20% H.........smile

Return to “User-created Scenarios”