Twelve Days

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Dalan

Postby Dalan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:07 am

Got it done. Another hit. Well done! Send SPG into retirement *&*&. He is a pain in the rear. Back to 5 stars.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alexasrosa

Postby alexasrosa » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:36 pm

Not to brag (I’m very modest :cool: ) but I’ve finished year 12 in April. Can’t upload the pic though…it gives away too much.
But you know what? I was convinced that I was not going to make it so I had a Major overkill.

Looking forward to make anything you people produce, although I’m way behind the abilities of some people here. They are real champs! :p

spidus
Location: market lavington/onnile osirisnehk cites antinoopolis /karanis

Postby spidus » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:30 pm

Have got to year 7 but failed the year as i all most spilt my sideds laulhing at grinches animal humanatern antics :D :D :D .

tenordrummer

Help w/3rd year

Postby tenordrummer » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:26 am

Okay, I'm stymied. I've opened & closed the trade route labels innumerable times throughout each month & cannot find them open at any time. I found the 3 trade routes, but they're never open! I've read every thread on this post & still cannot figure out how to get the cosmetics. HELP!!! :mad: :( :eek:

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:14 am

Appearances can be deceptive... ;) If the trade routes are open then you can place the three ports. You just need to keep checking the storage button to see if they can be placed. Hint: try looking just after you get the message about hearing the signs aright.

tenordrummer

Postby tenordrummer » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks! Was looking in the World map not in the storage buttons. Thought I'd have to purchase rights to trade. Managed to get through year 4 so far.

tenordrummer

Postby tenordrummer » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:36 pm

Okay, I downloaded & patched for year 6. Built everything I can possibly build, including all 5 temples. Even held a festival to Jupiter & gave gifts to Caesar, but I still don't get olives. Am I particularly dense?

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:04 pm

I imagine your problem is that you only have one temple to Ceres ;)

tenordrummer

Postby tenordrummer » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Yeah, that was my problem. Finally figured it out. Got through all twelve in 11 yrs., 6 mos.

aramann

Postby aramann » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Congratulations tenordrummer!
Hieronymus posted some sandbox type scenarios on HeavenGames, one using the 12 days map, try it, you just might like it!
http://caesar4.heavengames.com/

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:34 pm

Since I don't think this will be a spoiler any longer, here's a couple of screenies taken during testing (Year 5)... :eek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:19 pm

I finally finished this. :cool: It only took me four days. :eek: I was doing okay until that fourth year, then every couple of years I had to back track to try again (and again some times). :o

Really nicely done scenario. This is actually the first user-created scenario I've played, at least for C IV. ;) I usually like to know where I'm going in a scenario and what I can/can't build to plan accordingly, but I managed to cobble together a city that worked. Lots of fun though. I think I'm going to replay it now that I know what to expect -- see if I can do it in one straight run through.

I have a question that's definite a spoiler for the end, so I'll PM you about it.

Thanks again. :)

aramann

Postby aramann » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:13 am

Jimaaten, The great and honorable and lovely benevolent dictator Hieronymus has a contest for C4 appearing soon on CBC.. http://citybuildingcontests.net/vbulletin/
If you thought this was fun... just wait until Arabain Bizarre begins!
Thanks for playing, knowing someone had fun with it makes it all worthwhile!

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:42 am

Glad you enjoyed it Jimaaten :D As aramann says, knowing that people have had fun playing it makes the "effort" worthwhile. I've responded to your PM to explain why we did Year 12 like it is - as you've rightly noted, this would be a spoiler. :)

(Oh - and a belated congrats to you too tenordrummer :D )

Arabian Bizarre is quite different to this scenario, in fact quite unlike any other I think. As you may have spotted, aramann is a brilliant cheerleader for CBC. She's also completely nuts. :p

aramann

Postby aramann » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Hieronymus wrote:As you may have spotted, aramann is a brilliant cheerleader for CBC. She's also completely nuts. :p

Shhhh! Don't let that secret out! Oh, wait... it's NOT a secret.... at least to anyone that plays C4!!
<skips (hobbles) off singing the theme from the Smurfs>

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Clearly I'd have to be raving mad to continue with you as my tester... :rolleyes:

<sends aramann email with ideas for the 3 scenarios we're collaborating on after the next but one>

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:27 pm

You two remind me of a paraphrased quote from TV: "I don't know whether I should be happy or frightened that you two found each other." ;)

I spent a good part of yesterday replaying the scenario. Much nicer looking city when you know where you're going. :cool:

aramann

Postby aramann » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:17 am

Jimaaten wrote:You two remind me of a paraphrased quote from TV: "I don't know whether I should be happy or frightened that you two found each other." ;)

HAHAHAHAHA!
Congratulations Jimaaten! Glad you played!

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:02 pm

Jimaaten wrote:You two remind me of a paraphrased quote from TV: "I don't know whether I should be happy or frightened that you two found each other." ;)

:D

Be afraid, Jimaaten... be very, very afraid... ;) Especially of the planned 5th in the beauty series (following on from Arabian Bizarre), which I am currently describing as "Ex Decorum Veritas's Evil Twin". Only the combination of our strange minds could have dreamt up the key theme for that scenario... but that is something to "look forward to" this Spring... :rolleyes:

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:46 am

If you thought Seutonius Paulinus Grinch was bad... wait till you meet his father :eek: ;)

Return to “User-created Scenarios”