Please, anyone..create a new sandbox?

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
mialisa

Please, anyone..create a new sandbox?

Postby mialisa » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:45 am

If there is someone out there who can actually use the editor, would you make a new sandbox scenario? Don't like military, just like to make big happy cities with lots of trading... :rolleyes:

aramann

Postby aramann » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:34 pm

Try over at HeavenGames, Angrod (Hieronymus on here) has several sandboxes.
http://caesar4.heavengames.com/

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:58 pm

Hello, mialisa. I have a scenario that I created of Caesaria. If I can find the time in the next few days, I'll get it together and post it. It has plenty of trade, but it isn't a sandbox. It has goals and I found it a little challenging if I do say so myself. ;)

mialisa

Thank you...

Postby mialisa » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:07 am

Ahhh, Aramann... Ive gotten every sandbox that Angrod has posted ! And have enjoyed each. I'm guessing that he must have another life out in the so-called real world, because I have'nt seen any new ones in a while. (BTW- I lived in Ohio when growing up, and it is rather vague) ;)
Jimaaten-challenging? Oh dear...

Thank you both for responding.

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:21 am

Actually, creating a sandbox scenario doesn't take that much effort if a map already exists...

I plan to create a sandbox using the Londinium map that goonsquad created for aramann and I to use in the current CBC contest "Iceni Queen", probably some time during September.

mialisa (and any other fans of sandboxes out there) - if you could post in this thread what you think makes a good sandbox, that would be really helpful. Generally what I hear is that large flat maps with lots or arable land and plenty of trade are what players like but I'm open to any suggestions. ;)

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:13 pm

Large but not huge. Those huge maps can become logistical nightmares and the "fun factor" turns into a "frustration factor". It takes too long for people & new recruits to join the city, same goes for cartpushers to go retrieve materials from the far flung corners of those huge maps and we all know what a pain in the arse it can be to move troops on any size map. :rolleyes:

My 2 pence worth... ;)

Davus Antonius

Postby Davus Antonius » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:00 pm

"Rnett" wrote:Large but not huge. Those huge maps can become logistical nightmares and the "fun factor" turns into a "frustration factor". It takes too long for people & new recruits to join the city, same goes for cartpushers to go retrieve materials from the far flung corners of those huge maps and we all know what a pain in the arse it can be to move troops on any size map. :rolleyes:

My 2 pence worth... ;)

Yah definitely not huge maps. I would add plenty of resources, either on the map or through trade.

aramann

Postby aramann » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:59 pm

well then, you all are gonna HATE Iceni Queen... ;)
But it's a fun map and a fun scenario.

mialisa

Big is good..;)

Postby mialisa » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:12 am

I haven't found large maps to be such a problem, eventually. I just have lots of warehouses to hold the products close to where they are needed. Of course, moving soldiers in a sandbox isn't a necessity hehheh

Return to “User-created Scenarios”