Labors of Herculaneum

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!

Labors of Herculaneum

Postby Hieronymus » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:12 pm

The latest scenario by the Axis of Daggy Evil (aramann and Hieronymus) is Labors of Herculaneum, and is the new CBC C4 contest. I expect we will post a version here after the contest closes, but if you can't wait until then... it's available from here.

The gift of prophecy - is it a blessing? Or a curse? You may be excused for wondering. Your young daughter certainly seems to have the gift, judging by the many unnervingly correct predictions she has made in the recent past. When she predicts something will happen, you have learnt to sit up and take notice. But friends laugh at your fanciful tales, and even your standing in the Senate has suffered from this ridicule.

Fortunately, your reputation as an excellent governor means that Caesar at least is prepared to indulge you a little. But now, in January 72AD, he had informed you that you are now to be governor of Herculaneum - which your daughter proclaims, with a chilling certainty, will be destroyed in a terrible calamity in August 79AD. On hearing of your fears, Caesar smiles wickedly. "A terrible calamity you say? Well, I'm sure you have no need for fear. Just perform the tasks I have set you and you and your family will be able to safely move to the place of your next assignment."

And what precisely are those tasks to be? Clearly Caesar is in a whimsical (if slightly insane) mood when he declares that you are to perform "The Twelve Labors of Herculaneum" before your assignment here is complete. "Await my instructions" he tells you. "But two things you must note. One - I cannot let you build any warehouses in your city. I hate them, they are such ugly buildings! Whenever I see one I have an almost uncontrollable urge to set fire to it. I am actually thinking of banning them altogether from the Empire - your success here will prove to all that we can easily do without them. Two - if there really is to be a calamity, I don't want too many unfortunate souls on your conscience. You must therefore manage with a population of less than 5,000. But I am sure that a governor of your talents will have no trouble with these minor restrictions."

Postby aramann » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:22 pm

If you liked twelve days... you'll LOVE this one!
Come and join the contest... or at least download it and play for fun. It's addicting!

Labors of Herculaneum

Postby immexia09 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:52 pm

Hello everybody
Ive just uploaded to Labors of Hercules gallery photos of 6 coins from my collection - any comments will be appreciated especially any identification hints about The Stymphalian Birds and young Hercules coins.
Are there any collectors I know about Beast :- of the provincial coins depicting Labors of Hercules?
Best regards

Return to “User-created Scenarios”