Files for scenarios

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
alexasrosa

Files for scenarios

Postby alexasrosa » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi
I'm back to playing Ceasar IV after some years. The computer I had back then is already in computer heaven so I lost all the old scenarios and games.
I downloaded some user created scenarios but now I have a BIG problem:
Aside from Herculaneum, the others I downloaded don't have a cs4 file. Inside the zips are cs, scn, dds (color and blend) and a XML.
So where do I put the files? And which file goes to saved files and which goes to scenarios?
:o

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:13 am

All files except .c4s go in scenarios.
c4s saves can go in saves.

But if you are using windows 7, when you make a new save from the game it will be saves in a subdirectory of the virtual store and not with the "official" saves directory, although the game will find saves in both places.

The reason there was a .c4s save for Herculaneum was because it was a contest and they start from a save and not as a new scenario

Virtual store is C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Virtual Store.

Put a link to it on your desktop

alexasrosa

Postby alexasrosa » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks so much for your reply.
I tried it, and after entering the game through New Games (or whatever that is lol) I chose the scenario, it began to upload...and than I got a message saying that this is not a regular scenario and that if I played it would damage the game...and I got thrown out of the game entirely.
The message is the same for all the scenarios I downloaded (like the military tut I really would love to try).
What the heck is going on? I remember I used to play the scenarios a lot back when 12 Days and all those great pieces came out...

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 pm

alexasrosa

Postby alexasrosa » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Oh dah! I forgot about that!
It worked - thanks so much!!

Return to “User-created Scenarios”