Welcome!

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
Chris Beatrice

Welcome!

Postby Chris Beatrice » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:17 pm

All,
I'd like to welcome you to the SimCity Societies general discussion forum. This venue is for people interested in SimCity Societies and who want us, the developer, to hear what they have to say about the game.

As more information about SimCity Societies is made available, we hope you will share your thoughts with us and with the rest of the community here.

Our fans have always been an integral part of who we are, and what we do, so please don’t let us down!

-Chris

sc4ever

Postby sc4ever » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:27 pm

Thanks Chris, we will try our best!

EVIL_SoMEoNE

Postby EVIL_SoMEoNE » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:29 pm

all right, cant wait for some more info :P

Poetic

Postby Poetic » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:29 pm

Well... third reply is better than nothing :cool: Thank you for making the section Chris. It's greatly appreciated.

Pixelrage

Postby Pixelrage » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:30 pm

Hi Chris & TM team- Thanks for starting these forums.

A question for the dev team: how long have you been playing the Sim City series (outside of work), especially Sim City 4? Did you all get together to try it out before planning the next installment?

the Monkeys Uncle

Postby the Monkeys Uncle » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:08 pm

Tilted Mill team members:

I'm impressed with the level of communication you maintain with your users! Top notch. Thanks for the welcome!

NTomCz

Postby NTomCz » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:19 pm

I am also impressed how you keep in touch with your users. Can't wait to see more from this game!! :)

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:10 pm

that is one of the reasons I and many others are so loyal to TM ;)
Infact I remember some SC fans (Im sorry I cannot remember the names) asking for a quick reply option and suddenly I see one after I log in... now I just need to figure out how it works... :o

callagrafx

Postby callagrafx » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:18 pm

King Faticus: click the paper/quill icon to the right of the quote button :)

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:45 pm

ohh... :o

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:23 am

Wow!

Where is the OMGWTFBBQ NEW GAME!!!!!1111ONE!11ELEVEN thread?

ded

Postby ded » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:50 am

Hey there Chris, its a pleasure to be here.

Like many of the community, i'm a little disappointed in certain aspects of the game, as I currently understand it, but I can also see many elements of fun to be had (The humor surrounding the obedience "energy" is oh so fun, its 1984!). Also, I love the rural picture i've seen so far, i thought the sky looked stunning, and the atmosphere was exactly how i feel about small towns, so that excites me too.

I, for one, look really forward to being part of a community that works with the Tilted Mill development team, to create a refreshing, challenging, stimulating city simulation game.

Good luck, and thanks for all the hard work so far, as I'm sure you all are perhaps feeling a little unappreciated right now,
ded.

UnzippedSim77

An Avid SC4 and SimTropolis fan excited about the new game

Postby UnzippedSim77 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:55 pm

I know, rare, huh? Well, anyway, I did get a little worried with the first screenshot, but after reading a bit about what direction this game was heading in, I started to feel better about it all, and having seen the subsequent screenshots, I have become more positive about many aspects of the game, though, understandably, would like to know more about it - so phase one a success on me at least, I'd like to know more. Always a good starting point for any advertising :D The negativity that's been bandied out, while I can understand a lot of people's feelings on the issue, I am quite surprised to see how heated it has become, and humbly apologise for fellow SimTrop members' downright rudeness in many cases. I am intrigued in the new game, and would like to take up the opportunity to help you guys at Tilted Mill to discuss issues with the community as you etch out a future path for the game which can, hopefully, bring together the ideals of both company and fan - that is, a game worthy of multi-sales which can still deliver for its fans. What I've seen in the shots has proven that you are listening, and that you have been doing your homework on this game, and I take my hat off to you all for bravely facing the outcry from the SC4 fan community. While I will be reluctantly giving up my mayoral powers of water and power etc, I am quite excited about the societies scenarios in the hopes that they are the 'cultural' differences as well as architecture (a passion of mine - seeing different architecture alongside the different cultures is part of my travel bug). Hopefully, what may be deemed as 'lacking' in the initial release can be worked into future expansion packs and through a community dedicated to adding content to the game. Simtropolis has been a fantastic place for SC4 custom content, and I would love to see it embrace the new 3D direction the game is taking with TM.

Ed ;)

Almir

Postby Almir » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi!

I registered at this community becouse, as you are now developing the sequel to one of my if not my favorite gameseries, im bound to want to post something sooner or later.

First i want to say thank you for giving us the community this oppurtinity and despite some bashing hope you'l keep it open.

Well i have lots of ideas and will post them when im in a mood for it. Until that i can recommend you to check out the "future of simcity discussion" thread on simtropolis as well as some of the new ones in the SCS forum on the same website. Obviously not all ideas are doable or maybe even wanted by most but i believe you can find many requests for developement, new features and reminders of some of the major issues/limitations in the current version which many would like done.

And please think about the moddingcommunity will you (one example is customisable menus, having hundreds or even thousands of custom objects in the SC4RH menus takes enormous amounts of time to scroll through, im really dissapointed that Maxis havnt released a patch to imptove the menus/interface availability. For example by having two-three columns for each category isntead of one... anyhow thats another issue that you should not worry about...).

And lastly, for now, good luck and i hope you'l hear from me again and that time with more concrete substance as far as simcityissues go. And please do be ambitious, i presume you may have some kind of deadline set by EA but i think the best thing would be if you developed it until you felt it was complete for a release simply, take your time. The gamers want as many options/possibilities to create as versatile various cities as possible with a good simulation of what is happening in the city (and outside to some extent) at all levels.

PS

I have a question. How do you collaborate with Maxis on this developement, will they participate even more closely when they are finished with Spore?

EDIT: And oh, i guess its obligatory for all games today to have native widescreensupport of course ;)
Last edited by Almir on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Nonny Moose

Postby A Nonny Moose » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:23 am

I am a mod at Simtropolis and so am interested in any community that is related to SimCity.

I will be following the development and release of Societies with some interest. Good luck, and please don't let the marketing guys rush you out the door.

Trixin

Postby Trixin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:42 am

Hi Chris,

I am an avid gamer of SimCity 4 Rush Hour and a registered user at several SimCity forums for over three years. I truely hope that you guys at Tilted Mill will listen to what SC4 fans want in the next game. If you guys insist on releasing an urban game based more on societies, that's fine but it isn't capturing the true essence of the SimCity series. Perhaps there could be another SimCity game after this one, geared more towards the hardcore fans, like myself. In any case, congrats on keeping such a high level of communication with us gamers, I will be following the development of SimCity Societies very closely. Thanks!

Trixin

Chief of Staff

Postby Chief of Staff » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:46 pm

Greetings,

I would like to know where the official website for this game will be located at. Just wanted to know the website address for future reference when it goes up, I guess, in next few weeks or so. Thanks.

-Surfer Surfing World Wide Web

MrCinatit

Postby MrCinatit » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:51 pm

A Nonny Moose wrote:I am a mod at Simtropolis and so am interested in any community that is related to SimCity.

I will be following the development and release of Societies with some interest. Good luck, and please don't let the marketing guys rush you out the door.

Small world :p

I've been around Simtropolis for quite a while, myself. SimCity 4 was probably one of the last games I have bought that I have continually played.
I have very high hopes that the tradition will continue with Societies - and I honestly do like what I have seen here so far.

prof786

new project?

Postby prof786 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:55 pm

sounds like a challenge.

stcammo2003

Postby stcammo2003 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:14 am

First off, thanks for creating this section here...

Second, I commend all of the staff who have communicated directly with the existing SimCity Community, particularly for your ability to constrain yourselves when some of us... well, represented the community poorly.

And yes, I'm cammo2003 from SimTropolis (aka cammo2006 on SC4D).

Return to “General Discussion”