SCREENIES ~ Post 'em here!

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
Tinkerbell

SCREENIES ~ Post 'em here!

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:20 pm

OK, I'll start. Keep in mind that I am on a minimum computer, so your graphics will be much better than mine. This is my first beginning city on Normal with a new map titled ~ Lost & Confused :D

I also put some Workplaces across the river to cause trouble...

1) FIRE! ~ With a dispatched Firetruck putting the fire out. I hotkeyed the Fire Station.

2) For all you desperately looking for diagonal roads ;)

I'm loving this game!

Let's see what you all got! :)

EDIT: Whoops! I forgot to add ~ You get BONUS Points for Spectacular Failures™! :D

Don't be afraid ~ be bold ~ Your highest Highs & also your lowest Lows ~ It's TM Tradition!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morpheus121073

Postby Morpheus121073 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:50 pm

tinkerbell how did you hotkey the firestation ? Standard in game or did you alter anything ?

bryann AEx

Postby bryann AEx » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:55 pm

I believe it's standard in the game.
While you're selected on the building, I think you hold Ctrl and then the number/letter you want to hotkey it onto.

Ex. Select Police Station -> Hold CTRL -> Press 1.
Hotkey will now be 1.

Not 100% sure on that, but that's how I'd think it would work.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:08 am

Yep ~ CTRL-# to hotkey the building. # to bring up the Building Card. It doesn't goto the building which is good. I wouldn't want that, cuz I would have to find the fire again. The screen stays on the fire so you can send the fire truck.

This is all I know so far. I read it in a post & tried it.

Morpheus121073

Postby Morpheus121073 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:26 am

thanks, both of you specially since it was not listed in the small manual that came with the game, now why did they not list this because i do think it's very important and nice to use this option.

Maybe a hint towards the developers to list some more of those handy options.

Anya

Postby Anya » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:30 am

Here is the small town part of my city. It's my desktop picture atm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bryann AEx

Postby bryann AEx » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:33 am

Anya wrote:Here is the small town part of my city. It's my desktop picture atm

I like it!
I'm so excited to buy this game now on Black Friday.
(:

Need_Help

Postby Need_Help » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:06 am

Here is my 'Small Town' :p (Is there any way to change the 'image' settings? It seems that the quality is very low (lots of 'noise' can be seen) It looks nice in my game, but not when I take screenshots ).

bryann AEx

Postby bryann AEx » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:16 am

Need_Help wrote:Here is my 'Small Town' :p (Is there any way to change the 'image' settings? It seems that the quality is very low (lots of 'noise' can be seen) It looks nice in my game, but not when I take screenshots ).

Yours reminds me of the wild west.
Like. Near the intersection in town the two guys would meet and start shootin' everywhere. :p

Morpheus121073

Postby Morpheus121073 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:16 am

so how do we get those diagonal roads working ???

Need Help, nice small town have to try the desert sometime soon i gues, all those names is a bit confusing as i play my game in my local language which is dutch lol

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:46 am

Morpheus121073 wrote:so how do we get those diagonal roads working ???

Technically, they are not diagonal roads. I made the road in front of the Homes & dragged it to the left road & made an interesction (off screen on the left). However, when I made part two & dragged it to the right, it wouldn't go, cuz it was offset from the exact intersection on the right by one microtile. So I started at the intersection on the right & joined the two half roads at the middle & shazaam ~ diagonal!

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:47 am

Here ya go.

The first shot is just starting out on a map after altering one of the xml files to give me a much further zoom.

The second shot is of what was supposed to be a rural town, but shortly after this picture was taken I moved on up to try to make it a larger town and now it's sitting there waiting for me to return to continue its growth.

TheArsenal

Postby TheArsenal » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:58 am

New guy, second post. Unfortunately my first post was in the help section to note the game is hopelessly broken (but will be a great deal of fun when fixed). :(

Here are four from an early city I attempted, aptly named "Starter City".

Edit: if you enlarge the 3rd screen shot, take a look at the crawling scrolls commentary on my spending habits. Hilarious.
Last edited by TheArsenal on Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:29 am

I just made a relatively long review of the game, but I accidentally hit "C" instead of CTRL+C after selecting the entire review. Instead, I'll post some images for tonight.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:45 am

edit-undo would fix that in most cases

Gallia

Postby Gallia » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:55 am

I'm suffering from the f*****g crash bug, can't get my cities to grow, but I did manage to get one city up to 6 thousand some odd before it went kaboom, but I still managed to build the city up enough to see the streets turn junky.
This was an industrial city, btw:http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/Annababy4404/Orton_14.jpg

Some of the scenery, not just of the city buildings, is really pretty. Random shot:http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/Annababy4404/Orton_5.jpg

This is from the same map, only after devoting it to industrial values:http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/Annababy4404/Orton_15.jpg

tobing

Postby tobing » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:45 pm

here you have some screenshots from by city Tobejing, where I started as Mao Tso Bing to produce an authority city. :p The first two pictures are from that stage. Then I decided to grow the city to have additional high ranks in prosperity and knowledge, and after reaching the cyberpunk award, I added some productivity for the next reward. The next three pictures are from that stage. There is room on the map for more buildings, but most of that is not flat enough to comfortably build on, so I'll leave it at that. Last pic is an overview of my rewards and trophys. :cool:

Received the game two days ago... :rolleyes:

Small addition: I really like this game. excellent work, and again congrats to the TM team!

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:55 pm

Great pics! Especially the 3rd one looks awesome. :)

With so many people as over 50000 did you have any noticeable lag?
(btw where are they your people, everyone working? in the last pics)

tobing

Postby tobing » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 pm

With so many people, and in fact, so many buildings, the game starts to get a bit laggy even on lowest graphic settings. On high settings, where the shots were taken, it's simply unplayable: 1 frame per 10 seconds or so. Hard to properly adjust the camera. :eek: It really depends on the graphic settings, and my card is not the best: X850 Pro.

Did you notice the text on the bottom? :D I can't easily translate that to hit the proper original meaning, but I'm sure someone can find the english sentence and post it here...

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:54 pm

TheArsenal wrote:New guy, second post. Unfortunately my first post was in the help section to note the game is hopelessly broken (but will be a great deal of fun when fixed). :(

Here are four from an early city I attempted, aptly named "Starter City".

Edit: if you enlarge the 3rd screen shot, take a look at the crawling scrolls commentary on my spending habits. Hilarious.

Which type of city is that third screenshot? Is that the capitalist? I havn't run across a tennis court just yet.

Yeah I get that same message in my game too, but I admit it doesn't make me want to open up the purse strings any wider, in fact it makes me want to make my peeps suffer for judging how I run my city :p

Gallia wrote:I'm suffering from the f*****g crash bug, can't get my cities to grow, but I did manage to get one city up to 6 thousand some odd before it went kaboom, but I still managed to build the city up enough to see the streets turn junky.
This was an industrial city, btw:http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/Annababy4404/Orton_14.jpg

Some of the scenery, not just of the city buildings, is really pretty. Random shot:http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/Annababy4404/Orton_5.jpg

This is from the same map, only after devoting it to industrial values:http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/Annababy4404/Orton_15.jpg

In the industrial cities when the streets change over, are ALL the streets so cluttered with the same repeating garbage cans and tires on the side of the road? Just in that screenshot it's way too repetitive for every building or spot on the map to be throwing out the same barrels, tires and wood boards IMO. Im hoping it's not repeated all over the city like that and of course I've not gotten far enough to have that happen since I too get game crashes randomly.

Edit: Let me just say that some of you folks are some really good CB'ers, I love the layouts of some of your cities, looks very very nice and much better than I can do myself, so you have my CB respect and admiration at your CB'ing talent.
Last edited by Kuplo on Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”