SCREENIES ~ Post 'em here!

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:52 pm

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:Don't get them yet, he's got some kind of glitch with them that I noticed and I plan to look into seeing if I can figure out what causes it. Once I figure it out, I'll let him know, and he'll probably get us all up to date.

Thank you. That is way to bad, they are very kewl looking.

imajia

Postby imajia » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi all,

after playing around with SCS a bit it's about time to make my first posting in this forum. The screenshots show my current attempt of a "neutral" community.

I apologize for the traitor you can see in the last screenshot in the mood diagram. This will be corrected.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mailman653

Postby Mailman653 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Those screenshots look awesome :cool:
SimCitySocieties 2008-01-08 19-53-31-90.JPG

No time for rest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imajia

Postby imajia » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:07 pm

While thinking about how to transform my authoritarian city to the city I actually wanted, I'm continuing "painting" my industrial one. This is the first city I've ever created in any of the city building games I like from the bird's eye view. Thx TM :) .

The only thing I don't like is that the hospital doesn't fit to the other buildings. To bright and shiny. I'll replace them with the smaller ones from the industrial profile to see how it affects the impression of the city. Simply removing them is not an option, as I've got a lot of patients caused by the smog and the dangerous factories. Not really a surprise :rolleyes:

The lack of details makes some parts of the city boring when you take a closer look at them, but I try to cover this later. Examples like the "Posh residential neighborhood" created by Grumpus (page 3 of this thread) and others from this thread show that there is a lot you can achieve. Oh well, there is still a lot to learn and to do.

Dave866

Postby Dave866 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:29 pm

Great screenshots, imajia! What a place! Reminds me of the outskirts of Shanghai (or Suzhou, or Shenzhen...)

Khanon

Postby Khanon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:23 pm

I like it, imajia.

Well, except like in that last shot, I would have used iron fences and dead trees to add to the bleakness of it all. ;)

Dvs

Postby Dvs » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:20 am

Very nice.

imajia

Postby imajia » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:28 pm

Thx guys.

Dave866 wrote:What a place! Reminds me of the outskirts of Shanghai (or Suzhou, or Shenzhen...)

Thanks for the warning :D

I tried Khanon's suggestions (and with concrete instead of gras). Looks good. Somehow...

AdmiralTigerclaw

Postby AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Time for some shots of my current city: Fairway.

First few shots show the corporate headquarters of Satyrntron Systems

Then a Daytime shot of the Downtown skyline from the Administration District:
Then a shot of the college campus in one corner of town...

And of course, a few shots of the small hotsprings resort at the edge of town.

And finally, a large shopping center sprawl roughly mid-town.

aeval99

Postby aeval99 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:32 pm

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:Time for some shots of my current city: Fairway.

First few shots show the corporate headquarters of Satyrntron Systems.

Great looking city, AdmiralTigerclaw. Love all the landscaping! Is the pinky-grey terrain tile around the corporate building (with or without palm trees, that surrounds the grey tile), available to the great unwashed or is it something you made for yourself.

imajia wrote:While thinking about how to transform my authoritarian city to the city I actually wanted, I'm continuing "painting" my industrial one. This is the first city I've ever created in any of the city building games I like from the bird's eye view. Thx TM :) .

Those are some awesome shots, especially the one taken from the bridge. There's a strange kind of beauty about filthy industrial cities.

AdmiralTigerclaw

Postby AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:42 am

aeval99 wrote:Great looking city, AdmiralTigerclaw. Love all the landscaping! Is the pinky-grey terrain tile around the corporate building (with or without palm trees, that surrounds the grey tile), available to the great unwashed or is it something you made for yourself.

It's around somewhere, but it's not in a convenient pack file... I think you can find it in the thread 'homes worthy of rich sims'.

I suggest of course, when you get it, open the XML file and in the bumpmap entry for all the extra landscapes you pick up, insert the pointer to the asphalt bumpmap. That will fix a problem I had noted.

At the same time, if you want your parking lots, I have a thread in mods downloads titled marked pavement or marked asphalt.

aeval99

Postby aeval99 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:59 am

Thanks for the info. I haven't downloaded anything for the game yet, so I haven't even bothered to look in the directories except to grab some screenies. Guess I need to do some reading.

I don't suppose anyone has made a "Downloading for Dummies" FAQ yet?

Pathfinderfl

Screenies from my Capital/Industrial City

Postby Pathfinderfl » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:45 pm

Here are Screenies from my Capital/Industrial City. It is based on a height map of the St Louis area where the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers meet. Industrial, slums and Low income housing on the East Side of the River and Office and Mid to Upper income on the West side of the River.

183= Sunrise over Downtown.
227= Moonrise over the workers' Barricks by the Oil Refinery's
225= Slums and heavy industry in the North-East
222= Oil Refinery and Works barricks in the South-East
197= Middleclass housing and retail South of downtown.

Dvs

Postby Dvs » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:36 am

I really like that last shot. It really does look like the buildings in St Louis.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:18 pm

Nice screenies everyone!
Here is one from me. One of my largest cities.
It started out as an experiment on tightly packed mega housing and large offices. As I expected transportation is close to being broke using only subways.
________
Triumph Trident T150
Last edited by PantherX on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

flyer2359

Postby flyer2359 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:00 pm

here is some shots from my new "small" city. :D

Dvs

Postby Dvs » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:47 pm

Dave866

Postby Dave866 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:04 pm

Great, HUGE, pics, DVS! I like how you stretched the city on out, strayed from the filter here and there, and even ran a road out to the power complex. How thoughtful - you've got plenty of money to doze and replace any power plant fire, but you're thinking like a sim.

Off topic - I once saw a burglar walk halfway across an open field to go 'case' the power plant - and then a cop ran out there and arrested him! Funniest thing I've ever seen in the game. Sneak, burglar, sneak! You can't sneak in an open field! :-)

Also off topic but not quite as much: I don't quite understand how those Jetsons traffic light wound up in the authoritarian intersections. It's like Petrograd-meets-Tomorrowland.

Great pics, keep up the good work!

Return to “General Discussion”