SCREENIES ~ Post 'em here!

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
ValerieC

Postby ValerieC » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Cool Azeem! Thanks! I went out last night and finally bought it. I had to go to 4 places before I found it at target. I got the Sim City 4 Box with 5 games. It took a while to install and I'll try it out this morning.

Thanks for the help guys!!

Val :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Excellent news, ValerieC!

Yeah, it takes forever to install. LOL :eek:

Good Luck & Have Fun! :)

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Kinda like this?

Oh wait this is SC4 - sorry. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:59 am

Blasphemer! :eek:

MotorStefan95

Postby MotorStefan95 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:35 pm

scs maqnor.jpg

This is a picture of my cities sydicate manor. Looked awesome and kinda spooky with the darkish sky. :cool:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:11 am

The dark sky makes for a great background. Has a bit of a mysterious haunted-house air to it. :)

MotorStefan95

Postby MotorStefan95 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:51 pm

"Azeem" wrote:The dark sky makes for a great background. Has a bit of a mysterious haunted-house air to it. :)

I agree with the haunted house look. I lost all of my cities for an unknown reason, but im trying to rebuild them. :( Cant wait for the power plant pack. :D

bearblue

A few images from some different cities

Postby bearblue » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:45 am

Here's a link to my photobucket albums. The image links are being a touch fussy, so I won't post them directly, but if you care to see them... here they are. :)

http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo84/bearblue/Sim City Societies/

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat May 01, 2010 4:47 am

Beautiful Stonehenge park you got there. :)

bearblue

Thank you

Postby bearblue » Sat May 01, 2010 5:42 am

Thank you for that kind comment, Azeem. I admit, once I learned about the "proper," use of ambients from the forum and you all, I found my whole perspective changed about things could go in this game. I still can't square things worth a darn, but I can at least make parts of my city sparkle. :) *bows to you for your inspiration*

Mzrokks

Nine

Postby Mzrokks » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:33 am

My current authoritarian city.

springert19

Postby springert19 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:57 pm

"TheArsenal" wrote:New guy, second post. Unfortunately my first post was in the help section to note the game is hopelessly broken (but will be a great deal of fun when fixed). :(

Here are four from an early city I attempted, aptly named "Starter City".

Edit: if you enlarge the 3rd screen shot, take a look at the crawling scrolls commentary on my spending habits. Hilarious.

I I can't see your photos.

springert19

Postby springert19 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:46 pm

"TheArsenal" wrote:A few shots showing further development of my initial balanced city, and a few shots of an authoritarian metropolis.

In the initial city, my citizens walk about and in that language of theirs, sigh in a contented manner. In the authoritarian city, they make amusingly disturbing sounds ... when they're not engaged in crime or wobbling about drunk, I should say.

I can't see your screenshots of your city from SimCity Societies.

Byrnezy012

Conopolis

Postby Byrnezy012 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:32 am

This is my capital city. It is a capitalist city with a population around 30,000.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:31 pm

VERY nice city. I really like your use of the fences (new ideas for my cities)

Byrnezy012

Postby Byrnezy012 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:25 pm

I used the fences to try and create a National Mall-like area.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:53 am

Looks amazing. :)

nexu

Ether

Postby nexu » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:17 am

A small city i'm building to experiment with traffic without placing any intersections and without placing any public transport.

With this grid size. Sims starts to leave their houses around 6AM and most of the Sims has arrived at their work before 8AM, with a rest arriving before 11AM. Tho the roads are very filled (both lanes used in each directions), the traffic suffers very little from congestions (since the Sims uses both inner and outer roads), with only minor delays in the corners. So sims driving to their work arrives fairly quick.
Corners are not too far removed from each other as this is what Sims need to cross the road.
About 5PM and 7PM all Sims start to leave their workplaces and flows into the middle of the city by foot, some are so content they step into their cars and head right home, or hang around a decoration, using the outer roads.

Workplaces:
Image Image Image
Some agriculture work places and elder council to get the economy going.
Media workplaces once the economy allows. Newspaper to boost their income; especially during a stock bubble.
Market research to get at least small income from sales during the weekends; TV stations to boost retail attractiveness.
On a good day makes about 70k with an upkeep of 8k.

Venues:
Image Image Image Image
Plenty of retails to sell goods that gives a large happiness for a few days or longer for both sims and house holds. Other venues to create special sims to boost venues attractiveness.

Housing:
Image Image
Plenty of decorations to boost chance of extra happiness to housing.

Next is to find how to use this in a larger scale :-)

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Looks like a very well-planned and efficient city. It's almost reminiscent of the way one would build a city in Caesar IV, actually. ;)

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:32 am

"nexu" wrote:A small city i'm building to experiment with traffic without placing any intersections and without placing any public transport.

Next is to find how to use this in a larger scale :-)

Very nice - I like what you have done.
I suppose a grid of similar layouts would work for larger scale, but as the city gets alrger and trave times get bigger I think it would encounter problems.

But then again I am constantly surprised by different users innovative cities.

Keep us informed!

Return to “General Discussion”