One Achievement per City?

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
Tinkerbell

One Achievement per City?

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:58 pm

I finally got Patch 2 from Santa & applied it this morning. Then loaded a few saves to verify that old saves still worked (Yes). And a few new maps to see if I now had trees, rocks & rock formations (No & no problem ;) ).

Next I tried Strategic Mode but haven't tried building a city yet. I got the popup explaining a bit how it works & the Jack-of-All-Trades Trophy is required to unlock higher difficulty levels & referring me to the HELP for more info. In Strategic Mode, our old trophies are history.

OK, that is not news...

Then the news part (Did I read it correctly?)

We can only win one Trophy per City now? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dat's Tricky & VERY Evil™, TM

:D
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SCSfangurl

Postby SCSfangurl » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:54 pm

Yes- that is correct- well if you have not already won the jack of all trades you can win that plus one other. After that 1 per city.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:17 pm

Well...

After getting mah butt handed to me (several times) on Challenging/High Events/Basic on a Fun City Filter

methinks it is time to go back to Normal Difficulty

:p

<hates Jeff>

Khanon

Postby Khanon » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:56 am

ROFLOL!

Haven't tried the challenge modes yet... Think I will.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:48 pm

Lab Report ~ Verified!

This time I dropped the difficulty down to Normal. :D We have to be a bit more careful now, especially with our starting neighborhood...

Trophies won in Creative Mode do NOT carry over to Strategic Mode. We start over.

In this city, I first won the Sheriff's trophy & continued on to get all the requirements for the Master of Ceremonies. As you can see from the image, it has NOT been given to me.

While we CAN still make SCS easy as pre-Patch 2, even on challenging difficulty in Creative Mode, SCS as a game is now harder than hell!

You absolutely ROCK, TM !!! :) :) :)

<has nightmares already on Basic>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SCSfangurl

Postby SCSfangurl » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:26 pm

:D When I started playing on Basic I had no idea that we could see the maintenance costs of buildings. I would be merrily going on my way with a $40K stash and next moment - red minus$$$$$ buildings flashing- I could not work it out. Anyway some how I got through it and unlocked hardcore.

Many many false starts later LOL I worked out about the maintenance costs- oh boy did that make a diffference. The only problem was I had monastries and tulip farms everywhere for the first half of the game!!!!

I have got more of a handle on it now but I have not dared with nightmare yet. I am just going to be content to get all my trophies on hard core and consider that practise for the big challenge!!

And having those trophies for the extra income makes a difference too- so yes it is evil!

But a lot more fun now! woohoo

Grumpus

Postby Grumpus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:36 pm

Just noticed that some of the decorations are designated as "low maintenance" and their maint costs are 50% of normal. Cheap creativity!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:26 pm

SCSfangurl wrote:Yes- that is correct- well if you have not already won the jack of all trades you can win that plus one other. After that 1 per city.

When you first posted this, SCSfangurl, I didn't totally understand your post. Then this morning, I read Pat!'s post...

Pat D. wrote:Zandrah, remember you CAN get a first trophy and continue on to get the JoaT one...the JoaT is the only trophy you're allowed to get IN ADDITION to one other! So keep going on any city you've got going even after that first trophy!!!
(link)

So what you are both saying is that I shouldn't have given TM a Tricky & very Evil? :(

Too bad. I was hoping for more actually. Like we have to earn all trophies to unlock the next "campaign" ;)

Pat D.

Postby Pat D. » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:53 pm

Tink, you've got it right now...if you win one trophy, then the ONLY other trophy you can win that given city is the JoaT. It's still pretty tricky and evil :D . I honestly don't know if you COULD win the JoaT without winning another first, given the lower requirements for some of the lesser trophies!

You're right, THAT would have been TRULY trick and evil!! :eek: :eek:

pat!

SCSfangurl

Postby SCSfangurl » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:25 pm

I agree with you both Pat and Tink - that having to get all the trophies to progress to the next level would have been a good idea.
I skipped the rest of Basic once I unlocked Hardcore.

I have now won all the trophies on Hardcore and went to play the Nightmare- but since there is no challenge or anything to unlock in Nightmare it did not seem worth my effort to play on this level.

I did not notice any other reward for completing Basic and Hardcore- like a new building- unless I am missing something?

I am not knocking the new strategy - just a personal comment. I am glad they added it to the game.

Akodis

Postby Akodis » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:58 pm

SCSfangurl wrote:I agree with you both Pat and Tink - that having to get all the trophies to progress to the next level would have been a good idea.
I skipped the rest of Basic once I unlocked Hardcore.

I have now won all the trophies on Hardcore and went to play the Nightmare- but since there is no challenge or anything to unlock in Nightmare it did not seem worth my effort to play on this level.

I did not notice any other reward for completing Basic and Hardcore- like a new building- unless I am missing something?

I am not knocking the new strategy - just a personal comment. I am glad they added it to the game.

You seem to be building all your cities with Show All on. Pick a filter, any filter, and try to build without using a single building or decoration not available on that filter. Industrial, for example, is downright evil, with lots of hazardous workplaces and no hospitals (just clinics - capacity 5).

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:09 pm

OK, it's still Tricky & very Evil! (Editor's Note: small "very")

Last night I went for my very first Capitalist Filter city & wanted the Fat Cat trophy.

< forgot about the Mayor's trophy :p >

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Akodis

Postby Akodis » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:02 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:OK, it's still Tricky & very Evil! (Editor's Note: small "very")

Last night I went for my very first Capitalist Filter city & wanted the Fat Cat trophy.

< forgot about the Mayor's trophy :p >

Captain of Industry and Master Manipulator also pass through Mayor territory, if your sims are having a good day. I've adjusted my city plans accordingly.

That's why I went for Network Knight first, deliberately leaving Prosperity low enough to avoid Mayor until Knowledge and Authority were ready.

Karstedt

Postby Karstedt » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:06 pm

It appears that if you get the JoaT trophy first, you can't get another one for that city. I recieved JoaT and then proceeded to achive Master Manipulator, but it would not give it to me. It could just be MM, but if you want trophyX + JoaT, I suggest getting trophyX first.

David Beebe

Postby David Beebe » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:40 pm

There's no backsies on "Tricky and Very Evil.." . There's no take-backs!

Akodis

Postby Akodis » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:41 pm

I think it would be fun if you had to earn each trophy again when you try a different terrain, so the trophies earned on temperate maps can't be used for desert, coastal, or alpine maps.

To make it truly evil, make it so touching a slider disables winning trophies on that map. :D

Now there's a challenge.

tobing

Postby tobing » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:01 pm

Akodis wrote:I think it would be fun if you had to earn each trophy again when you try a different terrain, so the trophies earned on temperate maps can't be used for desert, coastal, or alpine maps.

That would only make sense if the terrain type had any effect on the gameplay. Which is has not...

Khanon

Postby Khanon » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:40 pm

tobing wrote:That would only make sense if the terrain type had any effect on the gameplay. Which is has not...

In a way, it actually does...But only insofar as the buildable area you get.

Now...if aesthetics had an effect on scoring in strategic play...

Akodis

Postby Akodis » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:53 pm

Khanon wrote:Now...if aesthetics had an effect on scoring in strategic play...

They do, but only on a personal level.

If I can't stand the way something looks, it's gone.

Khanon

Postby Khanon » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:16 am

Akodis wrote:They do, but only on a personal level.

If I can't stand the way something looks, it's gone.

Amen!

However, I meant actually affect how the city does, as opposed to affecting how long I'll let it live. lol

Return to “General Discussion”