SCS: Destinations. Expansion Pack on May 23?

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
mprovancha

Postby mprovancha » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:11 pm

Its been such a long time since SC4 came out, most people don't remember what the game was like before Rush Hour. Trust me, xpacs are DEFINATELY the way to go.

joe2102001

Postby joe2102001 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:55 am

"mprovancha" wrote:Its been such a long time since SC4 came out, most people don't remember what the game was like before Rush Hour. Trust me, xpacs are DEFINATELY the way to go.

I do! :) It was horrible, a lot of people I knew hated it compared to the previous versions, and then Rush Hour was released and suddenly it was the best Sim City ever. Then all the custom content started pouring out and it developed an even stronger following. I loved SC4 and I hope for Societies to become just as good with time.

estevoepg

Postby estevoepg » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:05 am

I think that this is a chance to leave SCS TM better "diversified" with more options transpote or editor of land ... Only to silence some players still ...

I trust in the work of the TM, and I think she has learned much from November last. This expansion should be the first of many, that will enrich the new dynamic of the game.

Like SC4... RH take a new "life" for the game. Not only new buildings were implanted, but the IA had useful updates.

smjjames

Postby smjjames » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:04 am

Could one of the devs or maybe Mike Lattaik (who posts around here occasionally), give us a sort of yes or no whether it is legit? I realize you can't say much, but considering how game sites can sometimes 'jump the gun' so to speak on release dates, at least give us a yes or no as to whether it is legit. I might not be able to get an answer on the release date, but at least tell us if it IS real.

aeval99

Postby aeval99 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:10 am

I suspect that is a question that only EA could answer at this point. I don't think they would be impressed with TM spilling the beans one way or another.
Last edited by aeval99 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Because announce and answer are not the same word.

smjjames

Postby smjjames » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:25 am

yea well, someone spilled the beans to some UK stores.

Although, I looked on Amazon.com and they have Spore on preorder (which I would REALLY want for my birthday), and it's coming out in may, so..... it seems likely that it is legitimate.

Sim Nation

Postby Sim Nation » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:40 am

Quote King Faticus - "an even better question is why are some people getting upset over a expansion pack that may not even be real for a game that they think is lousy in the first place? o_0"

I think this is because its called Sim City , i know thats what draws my attentions to the game . If it wasnt called sim city ,i for one wouldnt even be here ,lol .

23rd May , thats a long time to wait for a LA landmarks pack .

Will the xpan link the sims2 with SCS ,like its possible to import sc4 files into sims2 and vice versa ?. I hope not because i dont like the sims ;) .

Roads & Railroads, dare i say diagonals :o ,more transport in general and terraforming and a bat , a region or to link cities would also be nice. Id guess none of those things will be in the xpan. :(

First of many expansions , can anyone estimate a date when i get to try a full version of the game ?. Id personaly pay a premium and get all the game at once , rather than collecting pieces over time . :mad:
________
Best Cheap Vaporizer
Last edited by Sim Nation on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sim-Maire

Postby Sim-Maire » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:02 pm

SCS is not a city-simulator but it's a good Society-Simulator with full of cutty peoples called Sims :)

Lady of Avalon

SCS destinations screen shots any where ?????

Postby Lady of Avalon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:10 pm

hello all

has any one found any screen shots of SCS destinations yet because the release date is only 3 months away

thanks

Mike Lattiak

I. Did. Not. Have. Relations.

Postby Mike Lattiak » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:28 pm

"smjjames" wrote:Could one of the devs or maybe Mike Lattaik (who posts around here occasionally), give us a sort of yes or no whether it is legit? I realize you can't say much, but considering how game sites can sometimes 'jump the gun' so to speak on release dates, at least give us a yes or no as to whether it is legit. I might not be able to get an answer on the release date, but at least tell us if it IS real.

Running the risk of sounding like a horrible government official, all I can say is that I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of anything related to SCS that hasn't already been officially announced.

And yes, I just died a little on the inside saying that.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:52 pm

"Mike Lattiak" wrote:Running the risk of sounding like a horrible government official, all I can say is that I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of anything related to SCS that hasn't already been officially announced.

*hug*
Must be horrible for you, not allowed to say anything at all, not even yes or no.

AdmiralTigerclaw

Postby AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:53 pm

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:54 pm

"Mike Lattiak" wrote:

and I think a few blood vein in my brain ruptured reading it! :eek:

smjjames

Postby smjjames » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:32 pm

"Mike Lattiak" wrote:Running the risk of sounding like a horrible government official, all I can say is that I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of anything related to SCS that hasn't already been officially announced.

lol, I tried anyways. Still I understand why you can't say yes or no.

Lady of Avalon, I really doubt there will be any screenshots until at least shortly before it's released, EA or TM officially announces it, or it comes out, whichever comes first. In fact, they don't even have the box art pic up yet.
Last edited by smjjames on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:10 am

Oh the suspense.... :cool:

David Beebe

Postby David Beebe » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:16 pm

"PantherX" wrote:Oh the suspense.... :cool:

and there's a picture of an airport!

http://simcitysocieties.ea.com/destinations.php

smjjames

Postby smjjames » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:41 pm

"David Beebe" wrote:and there's a picture of an airport!

http://simcitysocieties.ea.com/destinations.php

I beat ya to it in another post, lol.

boasting aside, it is pretty cool that it will include an airport. I hope it is easily skinnable so that people can have different styles of airports. I can also picture there eventually bieng skins of every single airline that exist and have existed.

I know you are not likely to have the authority to answer this question, but do you know whether there will be different types of planes? Although it might be possible using skins, but there would have to be separate models.

Also, if there isn't one already in this expansion, I can easily see a mod for a military base.

edit: Is anybody having problems getting the pics down on the scrollbar to show full size? they were working earlier for me.
Last edited by smjjames on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:56 am

It is Imageir David! Image

Bring out the dancers! ImageImageImage

Start the grill. Let's have a party!

Image Image <-- bait for the TM guys.

ImageImageImage

smjjames

Postby smjjames » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:29 am

"JuliaSet" wrote:It is Sir David! Image

Bring out the dancers! ImageImageImage

Start the grill. Let's have a party!

Image Image <-- bait for the TM guys.

ImageImageImage

LOL Julia :)

(had to remove one of the images, never knew of the 10 image limit)

tickleonthetum

Postby tickleonthetum » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:03 pm

I can't see the pictures either, just the thumbnails. I've tried IE and Firefox but no go! Can someone repost them here?

Return to “General Discussion”