Thanks

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
Zic

Thanks

Postby Zic » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:38 am

To Tilted Mill: thanks for the updates guys - strategic mode is now tough to play through and requires a lot of thought and planning. It is truly a strategy game in this mode (I wasn't one of the people that complaned about this btw.)
One thing this game does is relaxes me. It's one of the few games available that I can boot up within seconds and dive into.
The graphics are beautiful.

To the modders: great stuff coming out from you guys - I love it all.

One thing I'd love to see are seasons and a daily calendar. Don't know how hard this is to implement but it would be great fun and increase immersion.

Thanks for all the work you guys have put in,

Zic

David Beebe

Postby David Beebe » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:43 pm

grin

Thank back atcha! :eek:

michaleus

Postby michaleus » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:07 am

Zic - I have to agree with the relaxing part. I've played Sim City since the original and have enjoyed each one, some more than others. This one I can play for about an hour before going to bed, adding a few things here or there and just sitting back and watching what happens. Last night, I spent between 1 and 2 hours working on some landscaping around the cathedral and a town square across the street. Didn't realize that much time had passed until I looked at the clock and the logical side of my brain told me to shut down or I would never make that 8:00 meeting on Monday morning. If not for the current flexibility of the game and the ongoing talents of the modders, I wouldn't have enjoyed this short respite of downtime.

I work as a project manager with programmers all day long. These guys are sometime allowed full reign with a project and sometimes have to stay within parameters. So far, I personally feel the folks at Tilted Mill have done a really good job with the given parameters. There are some problems, and I feel fortunate to not have experienced some of the big problems I've read on this board, but unfortunately programming is not an exact science; sometimes things break once software goes live . . . no matter how much testing and retesting is performed before the release.

Thanks folks for making it a fun journey thus far.

RemixedCat

Postby RemixedCat » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:24 am

Wow this form has got issues it is laggy :( must be the time of day.

Yes the graphics and atmosphere are great only problem is ati ruined it for me. I emailed them for help and they dont reply. oh well got my lappie for that but lappie is just over mi. reqs for this game though it plays it ok though ;) . Tmill had a good vibe going with this game and I like it too. It goes back to the SC2 Vibe that was funny. SC4 was too corporate and cold feeling and was missing some fun. SCS is nice looking and the music is relaxing. great job with the presintation. and I like it. Mabye you should make a better version to combine SC4's complexity with SCS perhaps? Hope you make a game to beat the hell out of cities unlimited! I will be waiting.....

Return to “General Discussion”