Fable Falls (City Journal)

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
soldyne

Fable Falls (City Journal)

Postby soldyne » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:58 am

Welcome to Fable Falls. This is my first major attempt at a full blown city.

I built this city to have a little of everything: Suburbs, Apartment Complexes, Industrial sector, Strip mall, down town, city park, and waterfront skyline. I used mods heavily in this city, all of which are available in the mods forum.

This thread will be dedicated to giving you a tour of my city. comments and suggestions are welcome (but the city is complete so any suggestions you have will need to wait till the next city!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by soldyne on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

soldyne

Postby soldyne » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:05 am

This is the first stop on the tour, Fable Falls Suburbia. This suburb prides itself on educating its children, so check out this school!

Next up we will tour the dream homes of suburan Fable Falls.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:00 am

Wow. Beautiful city! It looks very realistic and yet very well planned.

Akodis

Postby Akodis » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:52 pm

It is beautiful. It is remarkably well planned and the layout is... interesting (meaning I didn't see any ideas I wanted to "borrow", not that I didn't like what I saw). :) It's not the way I would do things, but I don't see anything wrong about your way.

But we're not playing the same game anymore. The mods you're using make a huge diffierence.

I see societal values that would be unlikely to ever exist in an unmodified game on a standard size map, and amazingly high happiness levels despite the inablility of nearly a third of the population to visit venues. :eek:

I didn't realize the mods would make such a drastic difference until I saw your screenshots. It's almost a completely different game.

In a few years, all the different possible mods might make SCS into any number of different games various people might want to play.

And if someone can mod it into a multiplayer online game and sets up a server...

soldyne

Postby soldyne » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:57 pm

thanks for the feedback. I already know I can play SCS well enough without mods since I was able to get all the trophies in strategic mode before I had downloaded any. the very high societal values are due to lots and lots and lots of decorations! I see now that over 500 sims were not able to visit venues the previous day. I am not sure why since there are more venues available than sims and there are plenty of well placed busstops. it could be the time of day I took the screenshot (perhaps the numbers were not quite updated yet). the pupose of this city was not to see if I could play the game but to design a realistic city layout.

anyone is free to be inspired by my designs and I also encourage people to be creative and come up with their own designs. Uniqueness is the key to diversity and inspiration is the fuel for passion (you can quote me on that!)

There are so many people out there (Simtropolis people for the most part) that think that SCS is an ugly, childlike game. This was probably based in large part to pre release screen shots. Fable Falls was designed to prove them wrong.

Now to continue our tour I bring you Dream Homes part 1. This section of the suburb was made possible in large parts due to reskins of the dream home by Primetime, ground textures by Calypso and ambients and decorations by myself.

soldyne

Postby soldyne » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:02 pm

And here is Dream homes part 2 (the backyards!) (pool water thanks to Primetime)

BAK

Postby BAK » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:37 pm

Really, nicely done. Appreciate your attention to detail, especially with the specialized back yards. The various fence/wall mods and textures really do make a difference in making the city more realistic. Kudos!

panikattak

Postby panikattak » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:04 pm

Very nice Soldyne!

I really like your lot designs. Makes me want to play.

LittleDutchBoy

Postby LittleDutchBoy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:33 pm

:eek:
Fantastic work. Any plans to bring it here?

soldyne

Postby soldyne » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments.
LittleDutchBoy - I did have a CJ there once a while ago (Newtopia Valley (reborn) if you care to search for it). I don't know if I will post it in the CJ forum specifically but I do plan on making a post in the SCS subforum of simtropolis once I have a few more pics to share.

Here is a new update - the middle class of Fable Falls:

Mike Lattiak

Postby Mike Lattiak » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:51 pm

So, how much do you think one of those homes will go for on today's market? Rough Simoleon estimate.

soldyne

Postby soldyne » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:54 pm

well taking into account that the city is next to the coast line, the homes are next to a school, there are no foreclosures in the area and they are next to an industrial complex I would guess 300,000 simoleans give or take. lol!

Matt Zimmitti

Postby Matt Zimmitti » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:25 pm

That city looks fantastic :)

Alex Mullins

Postby Alex Mullins » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:49 pm

Wow, that city looks great; I love those suburbs. :)

soldyne

Postby soldyne » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:28 pm

OH WOW, 3 devs commented on my city! I am humbled by your presence!

I have no choice now but to give you all another update!

This will be the final suburban update (in case you were all getting sick of houses). the next set of updates will focus on Main Street.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Very nice, Excellent attention to details and shows a lot of variety. 4 Stars! :)

soldyne

Postby soldyne » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:16 pm

ACK! only 4 stars? must give...a new update...to get...more...stars!!!11!!

(lol)

As promised, this next set of updates will concentrate on Main street. it has some medium and low rise buildings as well as governmental buildings (and of course plenty of parking!)

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:04 am

Too bad the cars in the parking areas are frozen in time. :(

Pathfinderfl

Postby Pathfinderfl » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:07 pm

Great work!

"Agamemnus" wrote:Too bad the cars in the parking areas are frozen in time. :(

I agree about the parking lots, mabye TM can make a mod that is a parking lot with some animation. One can only hope :o

soldyne

Postby soldyne » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:56 pm

I thought about that too, but, the screen shots are still images, so even if they were moving in my game, you would never know it... lol

Return to “General Discussion”