Game Update #5 Now Available

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
John-SJ

Postby John-SJ » Sat May 16, 2009 9:59 pm

I d/l'ed the patch from the link in the first post (U.S. version) and ran the installer (SCS_104243_H.exe).

When I do this it says "SimCity Societies is not installed. This update only applies to this expansion pack."

The thing is, SCS is most definitely installed, and it is the boxed version, not the d2d or steam version. Why won't it recognize that the game is installed? How do I fix this?

edit to add: Hmm, I just noticed that my game appears to be updated to 1.0.4, the version on the game exe is 1.0.4.243, and this also is the same as the version of the exe I downloaded. Now I'm more confused.
Last edited by John-SJ on Sat May 16, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun May 17, 2009 12:07 am

That's odd. When was the last time you updated?

Also, do you only have regular SCS or do you also have Destinations? Destinations does not need any patch.

John-SJ

Postby John-SJ » Sun May 17, 2009 1:55 am

Well, this is a little embarrassing. I was lookingat file dates and such and comparing those dates to the date the patch was announced, and nothing made sense. Even though the rev on the exe file seemed to indicate a version 1.0.4, the dates just didn't compute.

So, I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, and ran the update. This time the update completed successfully, and the file dates/revs/etc are exactly as they were before.

So, one way or another, I had already installed update #5 and then blocked that fact from my memory.

Maybe I have too much on my mind?

Anyway, thanks Azeem for trying to help!

edit: Oh, since you asked, regular SCS, not Destinations. I guess saying the game is not installed is just EA's cute way of saying, "You already installed the patch once dummy! Now leave me alone!"

:D
Last edited by John-SJ on Sun May 17, 2009 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun May 17, 2009 2:03 am

It happens to everyone - the dreaded brain fart. ;)

If you ever get around to it, get Destinations. It makes the game so much more interesting. :D

RemixedCat

Postby RemixedCat » Sun May 17, 2009 10:21 pm

it caused my freind's install to not work. visual c++ error again with this patch. he only plays it for club BG's for his urban club at the expereince table..... Please fix this.....

not cool for themed clubs..... they are using citylife and SC4 for backdrops at experience table but SCS has a better look.....

aww they also use a MS Surface table..... ever try the games on it..... awesome!

Quantum Reality

Postby Quantum Reality » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi all,

As EA has largely abandoned SCS the official patch is no longer available through EA.

I have located a couple of legitimate links:

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/SimCity-Societies-5-Patch.shtml (Softpedia)
http://www.gameborder.com/news/1178/SimCity+Societies+Game+Update+5+Released/ (Gameborder)

fusa

Postby fusa » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:42 am

I'm downloading the game now! I just haven't played recently, but played the Diablo3. Now I want to play this game again.

Walterhal

Game Update #5 Now Available

Postby Walterhal » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:54 am

I dont know. I still think the community is too small to warrant a port. If it was large enough Im sure 2K would already have released it. For the foreseeable future, I think it will only be available for PC and Mac.
Essay help you need! High-quality essays only!

Return to “General Discussion”