For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
Zic

Destinations On Ea Store

Postby Zic » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:13 am

Wooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!

Only a few hours to go!!!

Sim-Maire

Postby Sim-Maire » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:35 am

I prefer DVD version precommanded on alapage.com...

Its not cheap but its on DVD...

You will have Destnations before me, can you tell about transportations added ?

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:36 pm

gamespot is crap use IGN or a semi decent site ;)

Sim-Maire

Postby Sim-Maire » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Why gamespot is crap ?

At one epoch we frenchs have had a gamespot.fr but it has disapeared :(

We have also Gamekult.com but it is pretty stricter about SCS and it seems that Destinations will have not so good review :rolleyes:

Zic

Postby Zic » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:50 pm

"pcgamer2" wrote:Sorry tilted mill not going to buy a game that doesn't work.I'm sure EA and Microsoft are not going to spend another penny on this problem, and i wished they had the liberal motto ( If something goes wrong, just throw money at it :p )
but they don't so SCS R.I.P.Microsoft and Nvinda releasing a update? Never will happen, microsoft i think is trying to push windows 7 out so they can push it down everyones throat so we forget about vista, and nvinda doesn't care about 8800 series, becuase they are too busy on the geforce 9x and 280, 8800 is old news now.heck even 9x is old news now, its the 280+ series.

And crap gamespot is down now i can't look at games i can buy instead that do work :(

Uh...what? Did you even read what this thread is about? And the award for random Bolllox goes to....you.

Don't hijack this thread with your stupid "waaa!!! this isn't simcity 5" crap.

If your game doesn't work, either
1. get a refund or
2. update your PC

The game works great for me and I don't have a top-line machine and I'm VERY happy with it.

You don't like the game and it wont work? Get over it. Get a game you like and enjoy or better still, buy a new game you hate and move to their forum to poison it with your threadjacking cancer.

Peace,

Signed,
Winston Churchill & His Cat.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:52 pm

when a site allows tags like 'crap' on a game that is not about craps then that site looses credibility as a neutral unbiased source of information.

if they are unprofessional and allow it for one game why should I just trust the rest of their reviews?

Javokis

Postby Javokis » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:54 pm

I do not go by critics – I feel they all “suck” or can “suck my d***”. Despite the way the original Society game acts on my PC, I'll still invest in Destinations come payday just to see if there is improvement. If not, oh well, at least I tried. I think Tilted Mill is quite dedicated. My main concern is mostly with EA and how long they will continue to fund Tilted Mill's fun new game.

I still want vampires and more Goth buildings…

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:16 pm

SCS 2? well TM would have to work with EA again for that, are you sure they would want to? :D :rolleyes:

with all the nice things I heard from people I wouldn't go near EA unless it is for over a Million USD lol

Lady of Avalon

Postby Lady of Avalon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:13 am

hello all

first of all I agree with Zic every dam time pcgamer2 , all he does is complain for simcity 5 that will never happen in this life time and to me he should just shut up and update his dam computer, I'm getting dam sick of his dam whining about
simcity 5 game then go's on to bad mouth Simcity Societies because he cann't play the game, all I want is for him to shut his whining mouth and leave

thanks

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:32 am

umm.. wow...

Zic

Postby Zic » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:05 am

"Lady of Avalon" wrote:hello all

first of all I agree with Zic every dam time pcgamer2 , all he does is complain for simcity 5 that will never happen in this life time and to me he should just shut up and update his dam computer, I'm getting dam sick of his dam whining about
simcity 5 game then go's on to bad mouth Simcity Societies because he cann't play the game, all I want is for him to shut his whining mouth and leave

thanks

Lady, you don't have to listen to him anymore. I can whisper sweet nothings in your ear anytime you like.

Gracefully Yours,
Sir Winston O' Boogie.

P.S. pcgamer2 - Don't take it too hard dude. Peace.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:11 am

pcgamer2 wrote:Hmmm....i'm starting to think.....I should just buy destinations anyways despite it not working...If EA makes enough money off of SCS, they may have second thoughts, and put more devolepment in it, and then SCS 2!!!!!Then, if its coded in dx10 ( it has to been, dx9 is an old standard now) then dx10 means I CAN PLAY THE GAME!!!!!But of course my $30 means nothing, since EA only gets a percentage of it anyways.

As much as I like SCS, why, oh why, would we want TM to work with EA [*shudder*] again? ;)

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:38 am

they already have their next thing in the works.. CoTN revised lol (and maybe immortal cities... something something) *set in Japan*
and now there is no Myelin Media (now defunct appearently) or Vivendi or EA to push things and stick their fingers in the pie before it is baked (also just before serving in EAs case) :D

Jeff Fiske

Welcome to our special forum

Postby Jeff Fiske » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:20 am

"Lady of Avalon" wrote:hello all

thanks

We are not asking anyone to leave.

PCGamer has at least listened and worked with us to try and resolve his problems, and when we have made progress, we have shared this progress with you. The fact that he still has problems in cities over a couple hours old is frustrating to all of us, because it may have something with his rig, DX10 native cards, Vista or something else that just does not show up elsewhere.

In my experience most people would have given up along time ago in trying to get the game running, and working with us to try and find the problem.

But I would appreciate it if you watched your language and tone. PCG2 as well.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:55 am

I really don't know much about it since I didn't do any research
but it says here...

http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/05/28/tilted-mill-preparing-new-children-of-the-nile-update-will-self/

...Children of the Nile which was released in the US via the now defunct publisher Myelin Media. In 2006...

as I said I don't know what "defunct" means (well it means to no longer live).. but if it did go under it might have made it more difficult and or expensive to get the rights for CoTN o_0

hehe Im completely off topic now o-0

Javokis

Postby Javokis » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:59 am

I bite, downloading SCS Destinations now off of EA store. Now I'm broke. :(

Oh well. :cool:

Just to be safe I decided to add in extended download protection. Between PayPal and Washington state's taxes I have been nickle and dimed out of almost $40 usd.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:43 am

Wonder if I can download it from Korea...? Some games can't be downloaded in certain countries.

Kopernikus

Postby Kopernikus » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:18 am

Did anyone get a manual (pdf) with the EA store download??

Javokis

Postby Javokis » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:53 am

Nope... no pdf files or keyword manual or instructions found.

Just tried the game a bit. I'm very happy. First good thing about buying the expansion download is that my original game is now CD Cracked by EA (no more disks needed). Second good thing is my performance has gone up quite abit. The game now functions with the performance of the demo.

How do you explain that? Was it the CD all along that was giving me trouble or something else?

Kopernikus

Postby Kopernikus » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:47 am

"Javokis" wrote:Nope... no pdf files or keyword manual or instructions found.

So those who downloaded the game won't get a manual?? Very nice.

Return to “General Discussion”