Destinations On Ea Store

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
moxiegraphix

Postby moxiegraphix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:57 am

"Kopernikus" wrote:So those who downloaded the game won't get a manual?? Very nice.

No, you get a manual but you have to download it seperately. Open the download manager and click on the PICTURE of the Destinations game, you'll get an option to download the manual in a zip file. ;)

Javokis

Postby Javokis » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Oh... I didn't think to do that. :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Fiske

Performance in Destinations

Postby Jeff Fiske » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:48 pm

"Javokis" wrote:
How do you explain that? Was it the CD all along that was giving me trouble or something else?

Try loading an old saved game- you should see identical performance to the old game. If not, do let us know.

thnx

Javokis

Postby Javokis » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:15 pm

I loaded up my Dedra and it did feel much better in performance. Somehow feels the same as it did when I was running it on XP 64bit. Ofcourse I'm on low graphics setting like I was on XP 64bit. My Dedra has a pop of almost 50,000. I have an individual pop of over 3000 sims walking about! I even have 'Show current happiness of all sims' enabled, which used to lag me so much on Vista I couldn't even MOVE on low graphics. I decided to be bold and turn on the rest of the 'Show stuff' icons. Results were still stable with playable performance. Framerate still drops on Medium and High graphics settings, but not as much as it used to - performance in that regard is the same as XP 64bit. My DXDiag hasn't changed.

moxiegraphix

Postby moxiegraphix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:42 pm

"Javokis" wrote:Oh... I didn't think to do that. :o

Yeah, I kind of discovered it by accident.

Javokis

Postby Javokis » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:41 am

*signs*

Even though the performance has improved after installing the expansion on both the original game as well as the expansion, I still crash after awhile of play on low graphic presets on Vista.

Well the game lasted 30 minutes on high preset on original game and old Dedra city save before crashing. Performance was better than it used to be, but had some occasional jolt issues. Overall game acted the same as when I tested it on XP 64bit. That is an improvement for me over the joltiness-till-eyes-hurt issues I had before I installed the expansion. I couldn't even build a small town before the game went through a jolt lag fest of eye sore.

After the above crash, I tried again on low graphics then a crash occured after 5 minutes so I decided to defrag then restart the computer. After I restarted I turned off my Avast virus scanner then ran my Dedra again on low graphics. The game lasted around 45 minutes before crashing again.

Again, the performance framerate is definitely better after the expansion installed.

Kopernikus

Postby Kopernikus » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:46 am

"moxiegraphix" wrote:No, you get a manual but you have to download it seperately. Open the download manager and click on the PICTURE of the Destinations game, you'll get an option to download the manual in a zip file. ;)

Ok, I will try that. Thank you.

tickleonthetum

Postby tickleonthetum » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:25 am

when is the CD version going to be in the shops?

Zic

Postby Zic » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:57 am

"tickleonthetum" wrote:when is the CD version going to be in the shops?
I visited GAME in UK today and they told me October.

I mean - I was asking about the pack with Simcity 4 in it too.

WTF. October.

tickleonthetum

Postby tickleonthetum » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:45 pm

October!!!!!!!!

come on EA/Tilted Mill, what are you playing at?! I have no intention of buying it as a download (I don't buy anything via this method) so will have to wait. However, I'm getting impatient! This SCS Franchise has been a disaster from day one.

If the pack does not come out in the shops until October, does that mean all the people who bout it to download paid to be Beta Testers?

Tilted Mill, I recommend you find out from EA, when they are going to release the CD/DVD version of this Expansion Pack and post a message here on the boards as it is becoming very bad negative publicity.

tobing

Postby tobing » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:54 pm

Why don't you buy anything online? I mean, there are not many cons but many pros to buying games online... just try to be objective and not emotional.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:54 pm

Buying a game physically

1 you get a box that has that ohh so important new game smell..
2 you can reinstall the game whenever you like easily and quickly
3 You can give the game away to charity or a friend if you don't like it.

Buying the game VIa Download

1 get it now without going to a store? (have we become that anti social? o_0 ) or maybe it is gas price lmao
2 if the supplier decides not to support the game anymore your f*ed if you need to re download...

cons = many
pros = get it now?

also can you return your download for your money back?

Future or not I'm not dling anything ;)

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:13 pm

so I need to pay full price for the game AND I need to buy a dvd burner and an expensive pack of disks to make one copy?

Hilde

Postby Hilde » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:31 pm

I preordered Destination some days ago and have not heard anything from EA. I do not know what to do because I did not copy the ordering number or anything, I thought I would get a notice on mail that I could start dl the game but have not heard anything.
One of the choices when ordering was digital dl and I choose that so there should not be any confusing about what I preordered.

moxiegraphix

Postby moxiegraphix » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:09 pm

"Hilde" wrote:I preordered Destination some days ago and have not heard anything from EA. I do not know what to do because I did not copy the ordering number or anything, I thought I would get a notice on mail that I could start dl the game but have not heard anything.
One of the choices when ordering was digital dl and I choose that so there should not be any confusing about what I preordered.

You really need to contact the EA store. And make sure that their email to you isn't going into a junk mail folder or something like that.

Javokis

Postby Javokis » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:12 pm

Make sure you check your bulk mail. That's where I had it. You also need to be very thorough when purchasing online. I always document everything before exiting explorer - just in case. I got to have that info for the bank in case I get scammed. I used to lose a lot of money not being careful.

moxiegraphix

Postby moxiegraphix » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:18 pm

"Javokis" wrote:Make sure you check your bulk mail. That's where I had it. You also need to be very thorough when purchasing online. I always document everything before exiting explorer - just in case. I got to have that info for the bank in case I get scammed. I used to lose a lot of money not being careful.

Good advice though it is doubtful the EA store will scam you. :p

I always copy and paste my order information from any online store into an email I send to myself, just in case I don't get the email confirmation.

Hilde

Postby Hilde » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Thank you, I have just sent an email to EA where I preordered it. I do not know why I did not make a copy to my self this time, I always use the snipping tool in Vista and make a copy of all kind of stuff that I think I may need later but maybe I was just too exited to get the game.

:o

Zic

Postby Zic » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:00 am

"Hilde" wrote:Thank you, I have just sent an email to EA where I preordered it. I do not know why I did not make a copy to my self this time, I always use the snipping tool in Vista and make a copy of all kind of stuff that I think I may need later but maybe I was just too exited to get the game.

:o

You need to download the EA download manager and log in under the account you created and your game will appear for DL in it.
You can also log in on the EA store page and get your key.

moxiegraphix

Postby moxiegraphix » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:22 am

"Zic" wrote:You need to download the EA download manager and log in under the account you created and your game will appear for DL in it.
You can also log in on the EA store page and get your key.

Mine didn't show up in the EA downloader until I clicked the link they sent me.

Return to “General Discussion”