SCS fan rollcall

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
Zebediah
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:12 am

Postby Zebediah » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Thanks! You guys have already been pretty helpful, even without me having to ask anything - most of my questions are answered in the mod guide and the various FAQs.

Only question I have at the moment is where you'd recommend me posting my SCSpack files, since file uploading seems to be disabled at the moment.

Here's a preview of what I've done:
Image Image

I still have a few details to finalize, but it's getting there.

Azeem
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Hetepsenusret

Postby Azeem » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:54 am

Looks nice. :)

For file hosting, http://www.megaupload.com/ is free.

nexu
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:26 am
Location: AMS

Postby nexu » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:40 pm

"Azeem" wrote:Do you go with a particular city style or do you experiment with different things each time?

Welcome to the forums, by the way. :)

I don't really see the point of sticking to a particular style since you end up with mixed properties anyway. Also economy wise it's not always feasible.

I'm experimenting mostly to find a nice combination of layout and positioning to start a city with, to get the max value out of the building/venues/decorations.

Right now i'm trying to find a layout for roads and buildings without having any road intersections. Inspired by this thread.
From that thread i understood that the problem with double-lane roads are the intersections where cars has to stop. So i'm trying now to figure out or without any intersections this still causes traffic jams.

moonmonika
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:36 pm

Postby moonmonika » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:56 pm

that looks real pretty. I still haven't played in forever, I think I have even forgotten how to.

MidrealmDM70
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: USA, Arkansas

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:12 pm

"nexu" wrote:I don't really see the point of sticking to a particular style since you end up with mixed properties anyway. Also economy wise it's not always feasible.


I'm not sure I follow you here -
By style do you mean societal filter?
I've almost always used a filter when making a particular city, to me its part of the challenge... making it work with buildings only available in that filter.

Or by style do you mean something else?

SCSocietiesRulz
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: United States

Postby SCSocietiesRulz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:39 am

I am here :d

Simmetry
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Bueller, Bueller...

Postby Simmetry » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:57 am

Here, just been busy. I'll post some screenies in the "Post 'em here!" thread to prove that I am in fact playing and enjoying SCS.

Simmetry
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:44 pm

correction

Postby Simmetry » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:14 am

"Simmetry" wrote:Here, just been busy. I'll post some screenies in the "Post 'em here!" thread to prove that I am in fact playing and enjoying SCS.


Whoops! I guess I'll post the screenies once I can upload them!

Azeem
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Hetepsenusret

Postby Azeem » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Anyone still interested in modding? :o

R8-Q88
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Postby R8-Q88 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:50 am

I am, I'm working on an audio mod for Destinations. What it is is a secret. ;)

Azeem
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Hetepsenusret

Postby Azeem » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:10 pm

Good to know someone is still around. :)

Azeem
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Hetepsenusret

Postby Azeem » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:03 pm

I've installed SCS on my new laptop and it looks (and runs) absolutely amazing. :) When I get graphics editing programs back up, then I'll try to get the Korean themed retextures that I started last month; just got back to the US and am still readjusting.

PeaRLyNeuS
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: FRANCE

Postby PeaRLyNeuS » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:02 am

Hello fellow players! I'm here too !
Checking the forum from time to time but not posting..
Still playing the game though :)

Sandra Linkletter
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:19 pm
Location: Iowa, USA [Catophilopolis, Amundeir 122 S]
Contact:

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:25 pm

I just finished re-installing SCS on my latest computer, which I bought for myself this last Winter Solstice. I had not played it for a few years and could not locate my manual for the install code. I had to buy a used copy for $4.60 (including shipping) in order to re-install the game.

The game runs great on this new computer. I still had all of my downloaded mods from 2008, which was a good thing since almost all of the mods online have disappeared for one reason or another.

I never will own Destinations because it is only available from an online service. I don't mind that lack. I do mind that every game published these days has the same problem, even the ones I could buy on CD/DVD for a not inconsiderable price. But that is an issue for a different thread.

Keith
Posts: 9946
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 4:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:22 am

Some of the mod attachment files are available from the forum again as of a couple weeks ago or so. You may want to check some of the posts that have these attachments again.

Azeem
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Hetepsenusret

Postby Azeem » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:57 pm

"Sandra Linkletter" wrote:I just finished re-installing SCS on my latest computer, which I bought for myself this last Winter Solstice. I had not played it for a few years and could not locate my manual for the install code. I had to buy a used copy for $4.60 (including shipping) in order to re-install the game.

The game runs great on this new computer. I still had all of my downloaded mods from 2008, which was a good thing since almost all of the mods online have disappeared for one reason or another.

I never will own Destinations because it is only available from an online service. I don't mind that lack. I do mind that every game published these days has the same problem, even the ones I could buy on CD/DVD for a not inconsiderable price. But that is an issue for a different thread.


If I recall correctly, the "SimCity Box" CD/DVD collection includes SCS Destinations as well as a copy of SC4 Deluxe.

Sandra Linkletter
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:19 pm
Location: Iowa, USA [Catophilopolis, Amundeir 122 S]
Contact:

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:12 pm

"Keith" wrote:Some of the mod attachment files are available from the forum again as of a couple weeks ago or so. You may want to check some of the posts that have these attachments again.


Thanks for that information. I will do that.

"Azeem" wrote:If I recall correctly, the "SimCity Box" CD/DVD collection includes SCS Destinations as well as a copy of SC4 Deluxe.


Do you know if the copy of Destinations in that box require the installation of Steam or some other online gaming service?

Azeem
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Hetepsenusret

Postby Azeem » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:30 am

No. It should also include regular SCS with Patch5 as well.

Sandra Linkletter
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:19 pm
Location: Iowa, USA [Catophilopolis, Amundeir 122 S]
Contact:

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:47 pm

Great! I'll order it right away. Although I could wish I had not already spent $4.60 to get the new copy of the SCS manual ... :rolleyes:

Sandra Linkletter
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:19 pm
Location: Iowa, USA [Catophilopolis, Amundeir 122 S]
Contact:

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:59 am

After having been thwarted of buying a used copy for $8.00, I found one for $14.00 and got that one. SimCity 4 seems a little frenetic. SnapCity is just plain funny. Destinations is what I will be concentrating upon, it seems. Which is good, since I bought the set for that add-on. *chuckle* Thanks again for the advice.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest