Hello there!

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
TurtleShroom

Hello there!

Postby TurtleShroom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:35 pm

This is just a quick post to thank the Tilted Mill company for making such a great game. I love it and have become addicted to it since I got back into installing it (having purchased the disc years ago) and acquiring an Expansion Pack.

I have seen several ideas that could be implemented and have a bunch of ideas on mods and such, but it seems the community is largely dead. I am pleased to say that I nonetheless acquired both the Gambino Mod from File Planet and your Stable Mod Index from Microsoft Drive, giving me endless entertainment and hours of playing, building, and creating building block templates.

I do not consider SCS a true SimCity game, but rather, a unique spinoff, like My Sims was to the actual Sims franchise.
My only current qualm is that I can't change the "Sim Number Shown" from "LOW" to "MEDIUM" or "HIGH'. I love following around all the Special Sims I've spawned, but when my city is big enough to make a lot of them, they fizzle out and only show up when I zoom in on entering a building.

Anyway, this is just my first post to greet you all, pay tribute to the company that made this game, and remind one and all that this game isn't dead.

Tilted Mill... ever considered an expansion pack or a patch or ten? We could always use more content or an open source API...

:D

Warm regards,
-TS
-
Jesus loves yiou and died for you! :D

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:40 am

Welcome. A few are still around. Just not really active. :o

SCS had a great deal of potential, but marred by poor marketing, shoddy support from EA, and numerous bugs that unfortunately were never resolved. It's a great gaming experience if you don't think of it as being necessarily in the same line as the other "SimCity" games and manage to work around the bugs. Too bad EA didn't really allow for it to live to its full potential.

TurtleShroom

Postby TurtleShroom » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Don't you think that Tilted Mill should further develop the game as free DLC in their spare time? They could resolve a lot of bugs and make the game better for the dedicated players that use it. Is EA holding them back too? :(
-

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:47 am

If you look at the list of those who worked on the SCS project and compare it with those who work at TM now, you'd notice that all of them are pretty much gone. Seems like it was only a one-time thing.

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:10 pm

"Azeem" wrote:If you look at the list of those who worked on the SCS project and compare it with those who work at TM now, you'd notice that all of them are pretty much gone. Seems like it was only a one-time thing.

I know Reed left, but there were many? Were they just temporary at TM or they worked on previous projects before too?

Anyways, I do wonder how many former TM employees then, or if anyone from SCS for that matter, worked on the new SC2013.

TurtleShroom

Is SCS was Freeware...

Postby TurtleShroom » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:41 pm

"pcgamer2" wrote:I know Reed left, but there were many? Were they just temporary at TM or they worked on previous projects before too?

Anyways, I do wonder how many former TM employees then, or if anyone from SCS for that matter, worked on the new SC2013.

Does Tilted Mill still own SCS? If they do, they could release the Source Code or make it a free game, since it doesn't sell anymore. As Open Source and freeware, it could be endlessly modded, and you could always add advertisements at the start to entice users to buy actual Tilted Mill software still on the market.

EA licensed it out to TM, I reckon. I'd love to see it happen. If SCS was more open to modding as SimCity IV was, the world would be a better place.
-

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:39 pm

EA owns SCS. Tilted Mill was hired by EA to develop the game and once it has gone "gold" it belongs solely to EA. EA owns all the copyrights.

Return to “General Discussion”