Educopolis: Reaching the Education Medal Goal!

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
Quantum Reality

Educopolis: Reaching the Education Medal Goal!

Postby Quantum Reality » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:04 am

So, after playing numerous cities of all kinds of filters I have managed to reveal all the buildings and get all the statues and get all the... waiiiit a moment.

See that? The Gold Medal for 500 Education is not there yet! Hum. Time to set out to achieve that! :cool:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quantum Reality

Postby Quantum Reality » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:10 am

So in the course of reaching that goal of 500 Education, NOT using freeplay or unlimited simoleons, I created... Educopolis.

An elementary school in every city block and a private school every second block, or near as I could get to it, plus a university complex second to none and quite a few libraries, chess tables, and corporate data centers! :D

The following pictures are in the terminal stages when I was getting close to finally hitting 500 Education; you can see how much work went into it, and while I didn't specifically aim for any particular aura, I found that the Romantic look was the most aesthetically pleasing and I ended up flip-flopping several times among Cyberpunk, Capitalist and Romantic, the energies were that delicately balanced that just throwing down a Cottage or two could bias my city back over to Romantic!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quantum Reality

Postby Quantum Reality » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:11 am

And finally, you can see that I've reached my goal! All medals, all awards. I guess the only thing left to do now is start playing with maintenance mode turned on and see how I do, hmm? :cool: :D

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:28 am

Your cities are a certainly a sight to behold, especially considering that you aren't using any of the modded features. :) I've noticed a particular "housing block" formation consistent in them - I take it you've also played "Zeus: Master of Olympus" or "Pharaoh"? ;)

Quantum Reality

Postby Quantum Reality » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:46 am

"Azeem" wrote:Your cities are a certainly a sight to behold, especially considering that you aren't using any of the modded features. :) I've noticed a particular "housing block" formation consistent in them - I take it you've also played "Zeus: Master of Olympus" or "Pharaoh"? ;)

Actually no :) It's a holdover from when I built cities way back with SimCity (Yes, the very original :p ) - I would build long blocks with contiguous residential, commercial, etc, to try and cut down traffic problems because more intersections would mean more complaints, etc. :)

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:52 am

Wow, nice.

When did the ability to upload screenshots etc come back?

That will really put some life back into the forum.

Quantum Reality

Postby Quantum Reality » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:24 pm

"Herodotus" wrote:Wow, nice.

When did the ability to upload screenshots etc come back?

That will really put some life back into the forum.

I'm not sure, but I do know a lot of the mod posts have had their attachments reinstated, which was a real boon :D

Quantum Reality

Postby Quantum Reality » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:39 am

Also, for anyone curious about that green block all by itself? It's an Atomic Test Site, well away from any nosey-parkers. :p

Return to “General Discussion”