So who's still around in 2014?

For everything SimCity Societies that doesn't fit elsewhere
primitive

So who's still around in 2014?

Postby primitive » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:22 pm

Wondering if there's any chance of warming this place up again.

I have a ton of mods/retextures available if anybody wants 'em. Looks like we can share files here again?!?

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:57 am

Still here. I've been meaning to go back to modding, but have been sidetracked by real life obligations. :o

RJG

Postby RJG » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:32 pm

I check the site at least a few times a week. I am still playing Children of the Nile and SimCity Societies. I do enjoy them both but “Children of the Nile” is my favorite. I would love to see a new version of Children of the Nile. Best game ever!

I did purchase the new SimCity 5 but I am not thrilled with it. It has so many things that do not work properly. Maybe someday they will get it working. What I hate the most is you “MUST PLAY” it online. It makes no sense to me because all my games are private games. Another annoyance is the fact that your saved game is online and you are only allowed one save. If they lose it or it becomes corrupt, which has happened to me numerous times, you must start all over again. I would never buy another online game.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:45 pm

"RJG" wrote:I would never buy another online game.

Ditto.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:44 pm

Still here and still playing Tilted Mill games. CIV right now for about the 4th time, but it is still awesome :D

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:04 am

so am I

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:44 am

I check in here once in a blue moon, hoping for some sort of green light at the mill. Starting to become convinced that TM isn't coming back. It's a shame, because all their games radiated with creativity. Anways I've moved on, and as much as I love SCS, its not worth the hassle to A get it run in the first place B potentially frying my laptop

I don't find Simcity 2013 as bad as people claim it to be. If anything it its SCS's younger sister with a pocketbook behind her.

mudrooroo

New Sim City Socities

Postby mudrooroo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:32 am

"primitive" wrote:Wondering if there's any chance of warming this place up again.

I have a ton of mods/retextures available if anybody wants 'em. Looks like we can share files here again?!?

Sim City Societies was one of the most interesting games of the series. My son is now playing it again. We started playing it years ago and now am back again. Please, please we need an update. EA has lost the plot with their new game, now old, as SCS has the making of a great game as did CC4 which they left to rot. Sat, but true. SCS refuses to die.

bearblue

Still Here...

Postby bearblue » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:10 pm

I'm still here. I tend to get the urge to play every six months or so. This time around I was visiting the site and found out about the nightmare scenarios. Turned out I had no idea there were more scenarios to play besides basic. I had won all the awards there. Now have started on hardcore. It's like learning to play again. I've got the guru and sheriff and am shooting for productivity next, but I get so easily distracted by the fun stuff. Hah!

Either way, love the game. Still playable, still enjoyable, and the mods rock so hard, so very often. *good thoughts*

Return to “General Discussion”