"This is sim city" Screenshots

Discussions, suggestions and comments about the SimCity franchise in general
UnzippedSim77

Two of my Regions plus City views...

Postby UnzippedSim77 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:53 am

Just thought I'd post a few piccies of my SC4 experiences...
The first is a picture of my biggest region, Maxisland, with its capital, Heavana. Then a future contender for the Simlympics, Canberra Water. Finally, (as my other piccies are too big to upload) my home region of Illawarra which I made by hand terraforming each separate tile while looking at a map. :) My best photos are too big to upload, as I've said, and so the picture of the bay in Kent Dale with the whale and its baby visible has not been uploaded *boohoo*, nor has my pride and joy, Heavana.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:47 pm

Some amazing pics here, thank you all who have posted. :)
Since I haven't played any SimCity games I can but wonder how you govern big cities like those! :cool:

NappySick

Postby NappySick » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:25 am

UnzippedSim77

Heavana - Capital City of Maxisland

Postby UnzippedSim77 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:28 am

Well, I did it... I captured a photo small enough to upload of the capital city of my region of Maxisland... Heavana. This photo shows the new development of the tallest building of SimNation, as well as the bright lights of the CBD behind... This is my 'pet' city which grew to 160 000 population without any cheats or mods, but which has been enhanced by them ever since, now sitting on a population of 360-370 000. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deathtopumpkins

Postby deathtopumpkins » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:16 pm

NappySick wrote:Lol sorry barnatom , i didnt read your post until after i saw your screen
shots..

Here s a one off post from me ..Hope it gives you TM guys some ideas

All credit goes to the custom content makers who make pics like these possible

WHERE DO YOU GET THE PORTS????
I want them.
Please tell me!

Romaq

Postby Romaq » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:05 am

Almost two months later and I ended up reviewing this thread. These are the sort of photos that have me feel heartsick about SC:S. I mean, there are some nice looking shots and all, but two things come to mind:

1) Transit is an issue. I'm sorry, but Transit is an issue. And if anyone in Tilted Mill or EA isn't sure, Transit is an issue with SC:S. Lots of lipstick & a slinky dress to make nice screenshots and sunsets are nice. I like some of the artwork I've seen with SC:S. But in case I wasn't heard the first fivethousand posts on the subject, transit is an issue for SC:S.

2) I hope TM seriously looks at what effort people are doing to get pictures and maps such as these seen in this thread out of SC4. I'm finding with Caesar IV that making more than the 'minimap' within C4 is simply impossible. For C4 online, there is a brief flicker showing an overview of the city, like the following:

It annoys me to no end I can't extract an image like this for my single-play cities. Perhaps there is some lock on my camera that won't let me get to that altitude, but I've not found how to unlock it.

Also, an image like the above, or any other image I can get from the C4 camera is simply not useful for constructing maps. The third-party mini-map extractor tool, which SHOULD be built-in with the C4 client, is very useful and it is a start, but it is not in the same class as one of the detailed streetmaps found in this thread.

This message thread is but a small sample of people showing off their work and engaging other people within the story they have about their city with SC4.

With Caesar IV, the best you can do is upload a saved city, which is not nearly so useful if all you want to do is follow a story about the city on a web page. A saved city file is quite useless for showing a city off to someone who doesn't have Caesar IV at all.

I look forward to TM showing us ways of showing off our SC:S cities at least as well as SC4 lets us do, certainly better than C4 permits.

--Romaq

deathtopumpkins

Postby deathtopumpkins » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:10 am

Here's mine:
Close-up of the city of Dubai:
The old town:
The overall city view:
The population's about 55,000 and growing fast.
Any feedback?

Sorry about the message size

Sim Nation

Postby Sim Nation » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:44 am

Death , the ports lots are by various folks , im leaving for work right now , but later i will pm you some links so you can get them .

You cant visit this thread without leaving an image so here we go ..

________
VAPIR N02 VAPORIZER
Last edited by Sim Nation on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deathtopumpkins

Postby deathtopumpkins » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:02 am

Ok. Please do, and thank you.

And I love the cathedral in your pic!

Sim Nation

Postby Sim Nation » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:36 pm

Maybe the thread title is a lil , suggestive , but im just posting a pic of my biggest sc4 city :D
This is from load screen , a city would cover 9 large tiles , and this is just the centre . 16sq km with 6.5 mill pop.

9 large tiles is like 144 sq km in real terms ,id be very happy with a single scs city map this size .Would my machine run it ? . i buy a new one , crossfired 4 graphics cards if i had too ..
________
JAGUAR AJ-V6 ENGINE PICTURE
Last edited by Sim Nation on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deathtopumpkins

Postby deathtopumpkins » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:53 am

Wow. So that's the city. I am truely impressed.

spinnaker

Postby spinnaker » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:59 am

That's my city, called "Veritas". Enjoy :)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

spinnaker

Postby spinnaker » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:00 am

Some more shots:

spinnaker

Postby spinnaker » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:00 am

and the last ones:

veryConfused

Postby veryConfused » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:33 pm

where did all of this stuff come from?

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:25 am

SimCity 4 mods.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:32 pm

"Sim Nation" wrote:Maybe the thread title is a lil , suggestive , but im just posting a pic of my biggest sc4 city :D
This is from load screen , a city would cover 9 large tiles , and this is just the centre . 16sq km with 6.5 mill pop.

9 large tiles is like 144 sq km in real terms ,id be very happy with a single scs city map this size .Would my machine run it ? . i buy a new one , crossfired 4 graphics cards if i had too ..

Can you have a region with 9 large Tiles? And if so how?

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:41 pm

"UnzippedSim77" wrote:Well, I did it... I captured a photo small enough to upload of the capital city of my region of Maxisland... Heavana. This photo shows the new development of the tallest building of SimNation, as well as the bright lights of the CBD behind... This is my 'pet' city which grew to 160 000 population without any cheats or mods, but which has been enhanced by them ever since, now sitting on a population of 360-370 000. :D

You must have building mods I only recognize 3 buildings. :) Nice city, whats the Pop?

Clotdot

Postby Clotdot » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:03 am

sorry to dig this thread up... i'm new... and i found one of the pictures on the 2nd page of google image search for "simcity 4", so...

i've been playing sc4 for years. never worked out how to install any modded content. can anyone advise me on how to get new content, like the ones posted in this thread? new buildings even. :)

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:02 pm

"Clotdot" wrote:sorry to dig this thread up... i'm new... and i found one of the pictures on the 2nd page of google image search for "simcity 4", so...

i've been playing sc4 for years. never worked out how to install any modded content. can anyone advise me on how to get new content, like the ones posted in this thread? new buildings even. :)

Go to somplace like sc4devotion.com and in their file library they have many many buildings to download that you can add to your sc4 game. Or go to Simtropolis.com as they also have even more buildings, and maps and mods etc.

Generally all mods that you download will go in your My Documents/Simcity4/Plugins folder Then when you start the game, SC4 reads those files and makes the buildings available to the game.

I think my plugins folder is about 3.5GB in size now, but no pic to post as I lost all my cities in the last great Vista crash of 08. :( So I've got to start from scratch all over *again*.

Return to “SimCity Franchise”