When does SimCity 5 come out? :/

Discussions, suggestions and comments about the SimCity franchise in general
evilchatbot

When does SimCity 5 come out? :/

Postby evilchatbot » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:20 pm

Now that this is gonna flop, I wonder how long will it take them to realize that a lot of people want a simcity5 that is true to the game?

Will they be stubborn and try to push this...?

Any game that don't put out a demo first has something to hide imho.

back to 1701 a.d.

until the real sc5 comes out. tsk tsk

Need_Help

Postby Need_Help » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:56 pm

Perhaps this should be in the "Sim City Franchise" forum section? (not related to SC: S). You should ask EA about this, since EA decides whether they will and when they will release Sim City 5.

ManagerJosh

Postby ManagerJosh » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:19 pm

This is SimCity 5 :)

Techleo

Postby Techleo » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:02 pm

:p Quit teasing them Josh hehe. This is just the fifth iteration of Simcity. Not persay Simcity 5. Thats according to the devs of course. Besides we all know what hes really wanting to know. When will EA make a SImcity like hes used to... if I knew that, Id be a rich man :D

majortom1981

hmm

Postby majortom1981 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:43 pm

If a sim city 5 comes out can I ask that these developers be put on it? I have never seen a forum where the developers regularly talk to the people who are buying the game.

Did ea tell tilted mill the general concept of the game?

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:08 am

SCS is probably going the route of the Tycoon games - reviewers and hardcore gamers won't be into it, but it will sell well and cater well to the casual gamers nonetheless.

If they decide to simply make SC5 just a rehash of SC4, then I'd just wait till it hits the bargain bin. SC4 may have attracted a cult, but that doesn't make it any more fun for me.

As far as the nature of the relationship between EA and TM goes, it's quite likely that EA specified certain apects and parameters in the contract. TM makes the game, but EA's still in charge.

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:21 am

Azeem wrote:SCS is probably going the route of the Tycoon games - reviewers and hardcore gamers won't be into it, but it will sell well and cater well to the casual gamers nonetheless.

You can kind of think of it like the auto manufacturer Ford. In the 60's they had that wonderful muscle car, "The Mustang" and over 40 years time period we saw it go from a full fledged muscle car to trying to be a luxury car to trying to be an economy car and to trying to make it back into a muscle car.

Simcity may follow the same path, and eventually make full circle and come back with a real simcity 5 (in the same vein as SC4) which I think would sell quite well, if it keeps the flavor that SC4 had. Sure there will always be people that disliked it becuase it gave them a headache, and there will be those that loved it, but none the less the name will sell it IF societies doesn't mess up the name with bad reviews which would make people purchase shy from buying another simcity named game after this one.

My personal belief is that it will eventually make the full circle and come back to more of what Simcity 4 was and include all the micromanagement that people loved in SC4, but when that actually will happen is anybodys guess. I would prefer sooner rather than later as would I guess hundreds of thousands of people that have still been playing SC4 all these years.

Kayden

Postby Kayden » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:15 am

The fans of the SC franchise should take out a restraining out ordering Tilted Mill to stay away from the next SimCity game. Give it back to Maxis!!!!!!!!!!

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:24 am

except the 'fans' don't own the game so they cannot :rolleyes:

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:50 am

Kayden wrote:The fans of the SC franchise should take out a restraining out ordering Tilted Mill to stay away from the next SimCity game. Give it back to Maxis!!!!!!!!!!

Correction - Maxis doesn't really exist anymore and Will Wright no longer wanted anything to do with SC. EA owns everything here.

Why TM even considered working with EA to begin with is beyond comprehension.

LisaMockingbird

Postby LisaMockingbird » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:56 pm

ManagerJosh wrote:This is SimCity 5 :)

Techleo wrote: :p Quit teasing them Josh hehe. This is just the fifth iteration of Simcity. Not persay Simcity 5. Thats according to the devs of course. Besides we all know what hes really wanting to know. When will EA make a SImcity like hes used to... if I knew that, Id be a rich man :D

Well I don't think he's actually teasing - if you read the SimCitySocities "how to upload files to the exchange" and "file naming conventions" They want everything prefaced with "sc5" not "scs" - so to me that reads Sim City 5... ;)

G-Force

Postby G-Force » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:01 pm

majortom1981 wrote:I have never seen a forum where the developers regularly talk to the people who are buying the game.

It does not happen very often, but the people of Stardock (Galactic Civilizations I, II) post even more than those of Tilted Mill. I always enjoy a good developers journal to read :)

G-Force

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:43 pm

TM used to post more when making their own game COTN.. they were more quiet when they worked for other people IE Vivendi and EA :eek:

But with those games TM was under a contract so it is understandable.. but I would rather them make their own games :D

Morpheus121073

Postby Morpheus121073 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:52 pm

Maybe they can make their own Sim City game and name it different lol

ManagerJosh

Postby ManagerJosh » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:44 pm

They are already trying :rolleyes:

http://www.urbsurbis.com

Aushun

Postby Aushun » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:27 am

It's the fifth iteration in the SimCity franchaise but not neccasarily the sequel to SimCity 4 as such. Think of it more as a spin-off. :) As for SimCity 5, I presume EA will get someone to work on it when they think the time is right, and the market it ready. That someone won't be Will Wright, since he doesn't dwell on too many sequels, and it won't be Maxis, which as Azeem pointed out, is no longer extant.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:42 pm

ManagerJosh wrote:They are already trying :rolleyes:

Power to them o_0

I think it will take a good while though because they are doing it in their free time
Game developers RL jobs are making games and spend quite some time doing it but they still have their free time to spend with friends and family
The people making this will have their RL jobs then they will have to balance their friends and family (and other stuff) along with what they are doing here in their free time
If they feel they want to do this then as I said above, Power to them :eek:

callagrafx

Postby callagrafx » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:44 pm

and failing

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:41 pm

it does look kind of slow there..
but it can also get very quiet here..
that is until I decide to piss all the forum 'factions' off by spamming all the threads :rolleyes:

Serkanner

Postby Serkanner » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:10 pm

That is just a bad joke.

Return to “SimCity Franchise”