TM Employees, please look here. Big idea for a future SimCity.

Discussions, suggestions and comments about the SimCity franchise in general
flyer2359

Postby flyer2359 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:29 pm

I would like to see some online play aswell. Because then it could be a lot more interesting then any sim city game ever was i especially like the part about attacking and alliances. it would be like the real world then but for the winning aprt you can't really win except if you beat your goals its like any sim city game you never win. But you can loose if u get to far in the -$$$ maybe tm can come out with a patch after patch 3 and add the mutiplayer feature into the game.

Deep Thought

Postby Deep Thought » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:48 pm

"flyer2359" wrote:Maybe tm can come out with a patch after patch 3 and add the mutiplayer feature into the game.

Or in SCS Destinations.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:59 pm

I wouldn't think so.. not in the upcoming expansion anyways

Deep Thought

Postby Deep Thought » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:15 pm

"King Faticus" wrote:I wouldn't think so.. not in the upcoming expansion anyways

Why do you think so?

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:58 pm

"flyer2359" wrote:I would like to see some online play aswell. Because then it could be a lot more interesting then any sim city game ever was i especially like the part about attacking and alliances. it would be like the real world ....

I'm not against online playing, why not. But what could the goals be? Attacking and alliances? :confused: You don't mean a game with some building projects to support warfare? Like the real world? I don't want to have the real world with its problems in my games, I have enough of problems to cope with in my real world. I don't mind some problems but wargames are not for me.

joe2102001

Postby joe2102001 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:40 am

Just happened to notice, I like your ideas although organizing them may make people more likely to read them. Also I'm not sure refering to TM as drones is going to further your point......

Theres no laughing emoticon so I have to resort to the *LOL*

Sim Nation

Postby Sim Nation » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:15 am

Wait a mo , hang on , some are getting carried away imho.

Sim city as a war game with armies and bombers and blowing stuff up . :(

I realy wouldnt want to see sim city as a war game , for obvious reasons , the game would totaly and completely ,not that it already isnt ,be like *not* sim city anylonger , the 100 s of war game out there .

I can see how many older players of SC and newer players visions of SC can differ very much, and do .

The idea s here sound cool but dont realy fit my vision of SC , but neither did scs so whats new -) .

Now economic warfare , online play ,players compete in a region to build , competing for sims and businesses trying to bankrupt the other players, or players competing in the same city for overall control , that sounds cool and similar to 1989 sim city , but the idea of blowing stuff up for me in SC is a big no ..

Sorry to be so boring , but with Sim City im just looking for a regular game .
________
**** Stream
Last edited by Sim Nation on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deep Thought

Postby Deep Thought » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:08 am

If you want peace and harmony in your city, just avoid to lay out warfare zones.

Tip: If you want to create a Harry Potter City, combine crystalic zones with creepy, literature and philosophic zones. ;)

EDIT: After all, you should be able to build ANY city Thou (you) want.

Deep Thought

Would you mind if...

Postby Deep Thought » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:34 am

I'm double posting?

Anyway, SCA would maybe have a quarter billion constructions, in total. And when (if) the first teaser video comes, it will show different cities never seen before in city simulations. Like the Potter city, retrofuturistic, warzones, jungle Russian, Ancient Atlantis, capitol of music, one HUGE skyscraper in the middle of nowhere etc.
And the background music would probabl be this.

Sim Nation

Postby Sim Nation » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:09 am

Eurovision Eurotrash- hehe , you know before i wasnt sure , now i know your crazy :D
You should fit in here realy well

While we being silly i think this should be the background music .

Polar Bear Dance :D

All graphics in SCA should be rendered using trimetric orthographic projection . Purely to avoid many of the performance
issues that come with full blown 3d . If the game was so great i may be also able to tolarate the fixed camera position.
________
Silver Surfer Vaporizer Custom Wand
Last edited by Sim Nation on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyer2359

Postby flyer2359 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:19 pm

"Sim Nation" wrote:Wait a mo , hang on , some are getting carried away imho.

Sim city as a war game with armies and bombers and blowing stuff up . :(

I realy wouldnt want to see sim city as a war game , for obvious reasons , the game would totaly and completely ,not that it already isnt ,be like *not* sim city anylonger , the 100 s of war game out there .

I can see how many older players of SC and newer players visions of SC can differ very much, and do .

The idea s here sound cool but dont realy fit my vision of SC , but neither did scs so whats new -) .

Now economic warfare , online play ,players compete in a region to build , competing for sims and businesses trying to bankrupt the other players, or players competing in the same city for overall control , that sounds cool and similar to 1989 sim city , but the idea of blowing stuff up for me in SC is a big no ..

Sorry to be so boring , but with Sim City im just looking for a regular game .

Yeah good point and i like your ideas of online play more than mine because it would actually work.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:48 pm

"Sim Nation" wrote:Wait a mo , hang on , some are getting carried away imho.

lol I was throwing out random ideas really. my dream game is about 'building' anything I want to ;) (not just cities)

Sim Nation

Postby Sim Nation » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:06 am

"King Faticus" wrote:lol I was throwing out random ideas really. my dream game is about 'building' anything I want to ;) (not just cities)

This dream game wouldnt be called 3ds Max 2008 ,by any chance ?.

Its the only logic i can find ,other than that it sounds like a catch phrase from the film " Life of Brian ". :p

I liked the ideas in general for a game , but not for a Sim City . I have my own visions of how SC should ,play and look and direction but i wont bore you with that .

Not that im ever going to make it , but i can dream ,right ? :D

flyer2359 thx , but i dont think its going to happen , i was just dreaming :o
Truthfully speaking im quite happy with SC as a single player only , i wouldnt want sc turned into a tycoon game no more a rts .

Given a chioce of just one , id choose a sc game that follows a very similar direction ,the differances from 1989 sc to sc4 + additions . Sure id make all these other games aswell , but none the less my main game would be a regular sim city type game.
Maybe EA will persue a regular game one day when they realise SC4 as a 18 million+ customer fanbase . I suppose the new direction was an attempt to sell 40 million .
________
EFINI MS-6

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:58 pm

"Sim Nation" wrote:This dream game wouldnt be called 3ds Max 2008 ,by any chance ?.

good guess but not quite :)
the closest thing to what I want in a game are 'social platforms' like There and Second Life.. and these are still not exactly what I wanted lol

Deep Thought

Postby Deep Thought » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Could someone please tell me why this thread has been moved, and who did it. Now I can't see if someone is giving out a new post. :( :confused:

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:08 pm

to my knowledge Reed is the only person with the power to move threads
and it probably was moved because there was a better sub forum for it

panikattak

Postby panikattak » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:26 pm

Your posts isn't about Simcity Societies, it's about Simcity Anything. The General Discussion Thread is for Societies so your thread makes more sense in the thread about the franchise in general.

Sim Nation

Postby Sim Nation » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:43 am

"King Faticus" wrote:o_0 I love Civilization so it sounds good to me

My hordes will beat your hordes any day of the week .. :D

I missed this , we should hook up play some 2v2 , or w/e be fun .I play civ 4 online regularly .
________
FORD VERONA PICTURE

mountanddo

Postby mountanddo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:20 pm

I don't know any game developers personally so I can't help you there. It sounds like there would be too much in the game though, unlike SCS where there isn't enough. It might be possible for TM/EA/Maxis to incorporate some of your ideas now into SCS.

One thing I think people forget is that some of the things that we want just can't work without extensive programming or just won't work at all.

Deep Thought

Postby Deep Thought » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:26 pm

"mountanddo" wrote:I don't know any game developers personally so I can't help you there. It sounds like there would be too much in the game though, unlike SCS where there isn't enough. It might be possible for TM/EA/Maxis to incorporate some of your ideas now into SCS.

One thing I think people forget is that some of the things that we want just can't work without extensive programming or just won't work at all.

Well, that proofs that life isn't like a video game. It's always hardest in the beginning.

Return to “SimCity Franchise”