Cities XL

Discussions, suggestions and comments about the SimCity franchise in general
Davir

Cities XL

Postby Davir » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:52 pm

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:01 pm

i am super excited for it in one sense, but in another, the online play and extra must pay for stuff kinda gives me a shake, its funny how people say EA was soo greedy, but hey, at least you just pay your money upfront and have the whole exchange with some patches like small little expansion packs in themselves.

i honestly think tilted mill needs to either make their own modern city builder or work with EA again in a few years or try to push down another expansion pack.

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:33 am

Well you can download the demo here http://www.citiesxl.com/content/view/860/128/ doing so right now to see what this game is all about.

Anya

Postby Anya » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:20 am

I've been looking forward to this, a new city builder is always welcome. But the more I read about it the more concerned I become.
I'm not sure about the Planet Offer mode. I don't want to play online games, and it seems that the solo player will miss out on content (such as mass transport!) that the online players will have. I don't mind buying little content packs such as Alexandria over the net, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. The rumor is that anything extra you buy will only be usable in the online game. But that is only a rumor we won't know for sure until the game comes out.
A citybuilder seems an unlikely choice of game for a new online game, but who knows, maybe it will catch on. I just hope the solo mode will be good enough for dinosaurs like me who don't like the whole online thing.

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:36 pm

"pcgamer2" wrote:i am super excited for it in one sense, but in another, the online play and extra must pay for stuff kinda gives me a shake, its funny how people say EA was soo greedy, but hey, at least you just pay your money upfront and have the whole exchange with some patches like small little expansion packs in themselves.

i honestly think tilted mill needs to either make their own modern city builder or work with EA again in a few years or try to push down another expansion pack.

Or we could all pool our resources and come up with one super big mod!

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:38 am

played the demo, and well... i am not really happy with it. It got old quickly. I practically just got to sit on my 1.4k city and 7.5k profit with nothing to do because the trade system is soo jacked up in the game, the interface is TERRIBLE, terrible both in design and buggy, espeically in trade and world/planet modes. It tells me to export offices because i have too many, but yet, i have no tokens for it, wtf? Its hard as hell to buy and sell, if the system even ran like WoW's AH it would be hell lot more functional, its broken, and flawed.If my reasources i need imported are on low edge, and overproduction on items i need to sell ( i got lucky to sell some of my farming tokens or else i would be in trouble fiscally, but all one person bought the few of the many i had.The regular game at heart plays a lot like in the end like city life, only with annoying graphics and a jacked up trade tie in economy.City Life 2008 edition is better then this, sorry.

*end rant*

so my answer? well... there is a lot of SCS i haven't even touched yet! :p

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:08 pm

"pcgamer2" wrote:played the demo, and well... i am not really happy with it..[*snip*].. City Life 2008 edition is better then this, sorry.

*end rant*

so my answer? well... there is a lot of SCS i haven't even touched yet! :p

Is it moddable? - I spend more time modding SimCieties than playing it. :D

eladimir

Cities XL

Postby eladimir » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:22 pm

I also downloaded the demo and gave it a run. When I heard about it I got super excited.

Pros:
1) Online content continous updates are great
2) Curved roads, the greatest new thing since sliced bread, love em

Con's
1) Can't see it being enough for me to pay 10 bucks a month for a city sim
2) Roads looks and feel great but since the lots are all square anyways the more efficient thing is to build square, nice move Cristo, close but not quite

Rather than fork out the 50 bucks and 10 bucks/month I reinstalled my simcity 4 and SC:S which after a month of burning out should quell my city sim needs.

PS I will Cities XL the best of luck, a huge success here will lead to more bigger and better city sim games down the road.

Return to “SimCity Franchise”