Simcity World the next simcity

Discussions, suggestions and comments about the SimCity franchise in general
Simtopia23

Simcity World the next simcity

Postby Simtopia23 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:26 pm

OMG it is a mega rumor
http://www.simprograms.com/mega-rumor-ea-to-return-to-the-simcity-franchise-with-simcity-world/

the image is a fake(a futuristic dubai) but the games would be great, i need a games like Simcity 4 too much!

but who work in this game? maxis or TM?

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Maxis ceased to exist independently since SC4 (SC4 itself was a purely EA creation) and TM seems to have its own issues right now. If there was something going on, it's better for developers to keep quiet so people don't expect too much right away, as was the case with Spore.
Last edited by Azeem on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:05 pm

"Azeem" wrote:Maxis ceased to exist independently since SC4 (SC4 itself was a purely EA creation) and TM seems to have its own issues right now. If there was something going on, it's better for developers to keep quiet so people don't expect too much right away, as was the case with Spore.

no SC4 was developed by Maxis, certainly not the whole team but certainly not the EA has developed on its own, the EA, the game was too difficult because he wanted to simplify the gameplay and the same is made with Spore

Spore thanks to all this hype that was created sells reasonably well, knowing the reaction of the players do not think the game would sell so much without a good dose of hype.

but I'd love to see a true SimCity by Maxis, Societies base is really very shallow and with various update becomes pretty but this is not a SimCity.

I believe that a SimCity 6 should have the gameplay of SC4 in modern graphics and elements for inspiration taken from the sims.

The problem is that Maxis is now working on expansions for Spore, My Sims new games and new expansions to the sims 3, so we must see who will be given the task of working on a new simcity

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:07 pm

"Simtopia23" wrote:no SC4 was developed by Maxis, certainly not the whole team but certainly not the EA has developed on its own, the EA, the game was too difficult because he wanted to simplify the gameplay and the same is made with Spore

Spore thanks to all this hype that was created sells reasonably well, knowing the reaction of the players do not think the game would sell so much without a good dose of hype.

Maxis exists somewhat but it does not at all exist independently; all direction is under EA whether fans like it or not. Will Wright himself made it pretty clear that SC4 was purely an EA creation and not his own.

Actually, even though Spore did do reasonably well, it ultimately failed to live up to its hype and critics have noted this. Spore sold decently, but nowhere near the expectations the developers originally set out. It does have its fan base and it did experience great initial sales, but there was also a great deal of disappointment. This is the reason for its expansions - mainly to rectify parts that were lacking.

I don't think SCS is really SimCity 5 but instead a spinoff of the series (and should therefore be seen as a spinoff, contrary to the doomsday prophecizing of some); if it were SimCity 5, they would have referred to it as such. More likely, it seems that they were experimenting on what could be done with the SimCity franchise rather than directly declare it to be "SimCity 5."
Last edited by Azeem on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

pcgamer2

Postby pcgamer2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:18 am

its most likely a spinoff, and thats good for everyone. The old farts, i mean, sorry, the fellow hardcore SC4 worshipers bash all else *cough*, we can have SCS 2, improve on the little showstoppers of SCS, and then the other peps can stop bothering us when they have their own series, and we have ours.

I know some might be against it, but EA and TM need to work together again. EA may bring TM down in creativity and freedom a few notches but if you take with a grain of salt, and it will be still good.

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm

"Azeem" wrote:Maxis exists somewhat but it does not at all exist independently; all direction is under EA whether fans like it or not. Will Wright himself made it pretty clear that SC4 was purely an EA creation and not his own.

Actually, even though Spore did do reasonably well, it ultimately failed to live up to its hype and critics have noted this. Spore sold decently, but nowhere near the expectations the developers originally set out. It does have its fan base and it did experience great initial sales, but there was also a great deal of disappointment. This is the reason for its expansions - mainly to rectify parts that were lacking.

I don't think SCS is really SimCity 5 but instead a spinoff of the series (and should therefore be seen as a spinoff, contrary to the doomsday prophecizing of some); if it were SimCity 5, they would have referred to it as such. More likely, it seems that they were experimenting on what could be done with the SimCity franchise rather than directly declare it to be "SimCity 5."

i know that maxis isn't independent.

Spore was definitely a disappointment because if you see well the first concept of Will Wright were different and I believe that EA has simplified the gameplay so as to create then several expansions to enhance the gameplay, but the game also introduces many innovations and simple if the idea is brilliant and without the hype that was created, the game would become like SCS. Will Wright was aiming to sell more than the sims 2 with SPORE, however, even if it was not so in 2009 the game has sold over 3 million copies and is not a bad result.

its most likely a spinoff, and thats good for everyone. The old farts, i mean, sorry, the fellow hardcore SC4 worshipers bash all else *cough*, we can have SCS 2, improve on the little showstoppers of SCS, and then the other peps can stop bothering us when they have their own series, and we have ours.

I know some might be against it, but EA and TM need to work together again. EA may bring TM down in creativity and freedom a few notches but if you take with a grain of salt, and it will be still good.

Chris Beatrice said in interviews that he could not say anything about plans that the TM with EA, so it probably will still work for EA TM also because the presentation of a few days said they will work on other maxis exp for spore, then TM will work on SimCity and even though I believe that this time will not make a sequel to SCS, Chris Beatrice also said that this experience with EA has made it clear that you can make a game full of innovation, but if the hit series is based on other ...

I think it would be nice to return to the old gameplay of SC4 and bring 3D graphics with new customization features (sort of CAS for the buildings where you can change everything in gameplay changing colors and patterns) and a proven bug-free

Return to “SimCity Franchise”