Strange Problem

Discussions, suggestions and comments about the SimCity franchise in general
Zyka

Strange Problem

Postby Zyka » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:27 am

Here is my problem, it is also an e-mail I would like to send to EA.

I purchased The Sim City Box" today. The Sim City Deluxe works but I can't get the Sim Societies or Sim Societies Destinations to work. I have installed and registered the game successfully but when I go to play the game, I get a window that pops up and says, "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "path". Key being added: "path"". I click on the "OK" button and it goes back to the screen I started with which is requesting to play Sim City Societies or Sim City Destinations. It is a vicious cycle and I get no where, can you help?

Also, I can't get Snap City to work either. I went to their website and tried the online chat help but no one ever answered. Does someone have a phone number or an e-mail address?

Thanks for any help.

RJG

Postby RJG » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:00 pm

"Zyka" wrote:Here is my problem, it is also an e-mail I would like to send to EA.

I purchased The Sim City Box" today. The Sim City Deluxe works but I can't get the Sim Societies or Sim Societies Destinations to work. I have installed and registered the game successfully but when I go to play the game, I get a window that pops up and says, "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "path". Key being added: "path"". I click on the "OK" button and it goes back to the screen I started with which is requesting to play Sim City Societies or Sim City Destinations. It is a vicious cycle and I get no where, can you help?

Also, I can't get Snap City to work either. I went to their website and tried the online chat help but no one ever answered. Does someone have a phone number or an e-mail address?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Zyka, Try this next time you are starting the game...Right click the shortcut on the desktop and choose Run as Administrator and see if the game starts properly.

If that doesn't work, it probably has to do with Microsoft .NET Framework. I remember at the time the game was released, there was some sort of issue with Microsoft .NET Framework. Maybe it will come back to me, but for now, I am drawing a blank. Good Luck....
Last edited by RJG on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Laurel720692

Postby Laurel720692 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:00 pm

RJG is exactly correct! I was getting the same issue as the OP, when I remembered to "run as administrator" (trick from the ts2 and ts3 games that I learned) and everything is running fine! :D

Zyka

Postby Zyka » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:32 pm

After e-mailing EA back and forth for 3 days I finally got it fixed. I had to click on the icon, select properties, click on the compatibility tab, and change it to run in XP mode.

Return to “SimCity Franchise”