SimCity 4

Discussions, suggestions and comments about the SimCity franchise in general
springert19

SimCity 4

Postby springert19 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:42 pm

I bought The SimCity Box five (5) days ago. I tried to install "SimCity 4: Deluxe Edition" on my computer (with the correct CD in the hard drive) but every time I clicked, "Install" My computer gave me the following error:

"please insert the correct play disk and click, ok."

Also, just last month I bought myself the following computer:

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-410y PC.

(Plus, it operates on Windows 7 Home Premium, and it's an HP computer"

My question is: Will "SimCity 4: Deluxe Edition" work on Windows 7-installed desktop PCs and notebooks? If so, how can I make the installation process work when I get the error: "Please insert the correct play disk and click, ok."
Thanks for your help!
Timothy A. Springer
Last edited by springert19 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:19 pm

You'd get a faster response with tech questions for SimCity 4 at either the SC4 official forums or SimTropolis fan forums. This forum is for SimCity Societies.

I don't have Windows 7 and I don't know if this is true for that operating system, but with Vista, sometimes one has to right-click the program and select "Run as Administrator" in order to get it working or installing.

springert19

SimCity

Postby springert19 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:57 pm

"Azeem" wrote:You'd get a faster response with tech questions for SimCity 4 at either the SC4 official forums or SimTropolis fan forums. This forum is for SimCity Societies.

I don't have Windows 7 and I don't know if this is true for that operating system, but with Vista, sometimes one has to right-click the program and select "Run as Administrator" in order to get it working or installing.

Thanks, but I think I have it figured out. I already had "SimCity 4" on my computer and I didn't realize, until I went to the "Computer' files and uninstalled and reinstalled it, so it should work fine now.

Actually, this forum is called "SimCity Franchise." So, technically all of the threads in this forum are based on all of the SimCity released, including "SimCity 4", "SimCity Societies", "SimCity 3000", and "SimCity 2000." ---- no offense

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:39 pm

You won't get any official answer from EA on earlier SimCity releases here. There are no EA personnel here. You will get repsonses from other people that have those games. Tilted Mill had no part in developing those games.

Return to “SimCity Franchise”