Are these things Moddable?

For discussion and help on modding and customizing the game
Deaghaidh

Are these things Moddable?

Postby Deaghaidh » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:50 am

I see a lot about SCS's modability, but it seems to mainly be buildings.

I wonder though, if new transit methods could be added (like, say, diagonal & curved roads, highways, and other stuff that people miss from SC4).

Also, I wonder if entire new "themes" can be created. That is, aside from the existing ways you can develop your city, like the "1984" and "Small Town" styles, could someone create more later?

It seems like if so, that'd add a lot to the games re playability and lifespan once the mod community really got rolling.

Jeff Fiske

Modding

Postby Jeff Fiske » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:45 am

Roads would be extremely difficult to modify the way you describe. What you can do that would be much easier and have an impact on gameplay would be to change how they interact with terrain (valid/ invalid), which textures and props they get under what conditions, the speed that cars move on them, how long they stay at stop signs, traffic lights, how far people will get out and walk etc...

You absolutely can change the themes or add your own. Though that would be a fair amount of work because there is a lot of content to change.

However, it would be easy to modify the existing parameters in a variety of 'profiles' to make your city appear a certain way we have already defined- but under different circumstances of your choosing

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:49 am

How easy would it be to modify the fonts and signs? The Simlish is a nice touch, but I'd like to get Korean Hangeul on them. :)

Need_Help

Postby Need_Help » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:26 am

I think all you need to do is just replacing the current textures with your 'korean' textures.

majortom1981

hmm

Postby majortom1981 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:35 pm

So basically we can mod the game to look like it has highways and stuff to get a pretty good looking representation of say nyc but it would be harder to actually make those highways act like real highways?

Could we make a 3 lane road ? I read the mod document on the official website. I am still confused. as to what is modable ?

Reed

Postby Reed » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:57 pm

Need_Help wrote:I think all you need to do is just replacing the current textures with your 'korean' textures.

Righto

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:33 am

heh that was how it was done in cotn and c4
anyways...
is there a way to manage mods?
I mean is there a program that I can use to switch easily-quickly between custom textures\buildings and the defaults?
or do I have to manage it by hand...? :o

Return to “Mods (Discussion)”